Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:28:17 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Ok...so who's actually here?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Ok...so who's actually here?  (Read 30139 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2003, 07:25:43 pm »

Pretty intensive there.  Yes, I do believe you've made the official "oldest" list... but I find it all interesting.

Yahoo Groups aren't exactly my favorite method of communication (okay, I abstain from them entirely ;p), they're concidered rather passé to a lot of us.  *shrug*

Jason Bertovich's excellent El Hazard

Ah, my "Makoto", a thorn in my side to challenge my superiority, all the while being that nice guy who says we should be friends! </Jinnai>  Eh, he's okay.  ;p

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2003, 07:40:11 pm »

Yahoo Groups aren't exactly my favorite method of communication (okay, I abstain from them entirely ;p), they're concidered rather passé to a lot of us.  *shrug*

I can appreciate that indeed.   I did think the 72 members here might enjoy meeting some of the 169 members over on the Yahoo! Group.  Several of them are very talented EH fictwriters, including several who have already posted work to fanfiction.net.  

Wolfe's work is one of my favorites, but I'm also a fan of a series called "The Shape of Things To Come."  It just wrapped up today, in fact.  Check out ff.net for details.

--me

Mark Engels
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2003, 07:45:03 pm »

Alternatively, I think the 169 members over on the Yahoo! might enjoy meeting some of the 72 members here. ;)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2003, 07:49:18 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2003, 07:46:48 pm »

Precisely why I have posted a link to your magnificent site over on the Yahoo! forum.  I was hoping both communities might enjoy meeting each other.

--me

Mark Engels
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2003, 07:49:44 pm »

I actually have no idea how many people here might be members of said group anyway. :p

I do want to keep track of EH fanfic writers who might be helpful... not too far from now, I may need some for assistance.

Precisely why I have posted a link to your magnificent site over on the Yahoo! forum.  I was hoping both communities might enjoy meeting each other.

Thanks for that, btw.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2003, 07:51:48 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2003, 03:26:21 am »

Hello! I just joined this group, by the recommendation of Mark Engels. ^_^ Since there seems to be a sort of introduce-yourself thread going on, that seems like a fine way to... erm... introduce myself!

Name: Aaron Ziegler

Sex: Male

Personality: INTJ - I tend to be rather shy and reclusive in real life, but I think you'll find I'm a bit more outgoing online. ^_^;; At times I sometimes also am a bit lacking in tact. I apologize in advance for that.

Hobbies and Interests: Video Games, Anime, and Sci-Fi/Fantasy. I like to read and to write, and have written several works of fan-fiction.

Favorite Non-Anime movies: Tron, Labyrinth, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and others.

Anime you've seen: Erg. Tons more than I'm willing to take the time to write right now... Almost all of the titles typically considered popular among anime fandom, I've seen (well, all the titles that have been released commercially in the US - I never really got into fansubs, and can count the number I've seen on the fingers of one hand). Add to that a few minor or lesser-known pieces, like Birdy the Mighty and Those Who Hunt Elves and many others.

Religion: None of the above. And that includes Atheism. I just don't have the faith it takes to be an Athiest. :P

Misc: I became an anime fan not long after being introduced to the Internet, an event that occured early in my college life. Since then, I have participated in many aspects of anime fandom, including a sporadic but still ongoing career as a writer of fanficiton. (My writings can be found at http://www.visi.com/~spanner/fanfics/fanfics.htm ).

Fairly early on, I selected El-Hazard to be my Official Favorite Anime, not so much because I consider it to be the best anime I've ever seen (though it IS darned good), but because I decided I needed an anime to call my official favorite. Since then, I've invested a lot of time and attention into the show, and have even produced a (as yet unfinished) website dedicated to it. (This website can be found at http://www.visi.com/~spanner/ElHazard/EHMain.htm ).

My favorite El-Hazard series is the original OAV. Oddly, though, my favorite El-Hazard character is the Wanderers version of Ifurita, whom I adore to death. She's just so cute and funny! ^_^

Anyway, I'm happy to be here!

-Spanner

The 1337 poster
rowan_a._seven
Demon God(ess)

Demon Gods - as dangerous as they are cute.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2003, 09:54:07 pm »

Looks like I should've made my first post here, but better late than never, I suppose.

Name:  Rowan Andromeda Seven

Sex:  Male

Personality:  Quiet, polite, somewhat of an introvert, a dry sense of humor, imaginative, and generous.

Hobbies and interests:  Reading, particularly fantasy and sci-fi,  writing, fluting, walking, nature, history, classical and alternative music, and RPGs.

Favorite non-anime movie:  Probably "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" but I generally don't choose favorites.

Anime I've seen:  Windaria, Sailor Moon, Dragonbal Z, Big O, Tenchi (all series except the newest), Dragonball, El Hazard (all series), Gundam Wing, Mobile Suit Gundam (some), 8th MS Team, Slayers Try, Neon Genesis Evangelion (some), and a few other movies here and there.

Religion:  Christian

How did I find El Hazard Online?:  I found a link to it somewhere, either on another El Hazard site or a search engine.

Miscellaneous:  I'm a big Jinnai fan.
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2003, 02:59:15 am »

I'm a big Jinnai fan.

Aren't we all? ;)

jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2003, 10:05:56 pm »

Oh, well, if we're all introducing ourselves here, I might as well just get involved...

Name: Rachel Ketner (call me Filia (what my anime friends call me) or Rachie (what my family calls me), just don't call me anything mean  :'( )

Sex: Female

Location: I just moved to WV, wich is bad: because I'm still adjusting to cultural shock, and which is good: because I'm closer to DC, where they have *2* anime conventions!!!  ;D

Hobbies and Intrests: Well, I'll be blunt and vapid and say that the opposite sex takes up a good 95% of my free time... and since I'm bisexual I don't have ANY freetime!  :P Other than that, I'm currently working on an RPG Maker version of El-Hazard, one of my own. So far, nothing's happening, and all I've gotten done is to make a chibi Jinnai from a chibi Kefka.  ;D KAWAII!!!!! And, uh, a Makoto too, but I hate him...

Fav MOvie: Grave Of The Fireflies. It made me cry more than any other movies, including Schindlers List! and it's anime!

Anime I've seen, Slayers, Everything ever made By Hayao Miazaki, Rayearth, El-hazard(except for that second OAV, I have it, and it's in storage  :'( ) Magic Users Club, LA Blue Girl, Salior Moon, DragonBall (doesn't count) Pokemon (we all had to start somewhere...) Yu Yu Hakushou, Haunted Junction, and... Oh well, I've seen a bunch, and collected a lot of manga too.

Religion: Well, I'm kind of undecided...

How I found El-Hazard online: By accident. I was looking for a different El-Hazard site, and it wasn't there, and this cute little page came up with a million little pics of Jinnai on it and it laughed at me. So I went here and fell in love with it!

Misc: If Jinnai were running for MY student council, I'D vote for em!  ;D He's the reason I watch El-Hazard! I'm also hoping to meet someone who is willing to help me out on my RPG, if you're interested, e-mail me!!! Please!!! *needs help*
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2003, 02:42:21 am »

By accident. I was looking for a different El-Hazard site, and it wasn't there, and this cute little page came up with a million little pics of Jinnai on it and it laughed at me. So I went here and fell in love with it!  

I'm just curious, is that my 404 error page?
http://www.el-hazardonline.net/error/404.html
There's also a related 403 page and a simple 500 page.  Since the likelihood of encountering each is in that order, they get less glorified as they go along.

Misc: If Jinnai were running for MY student council, I'D vote for em!   He's the reason I watch El-Hazard!

Shortly after I had started at the local college here, they were having an election for a new student council president.  I actually half-concidered what it'd be like to run with a Jinnai persona, or at the very least distribute Jinnai advertising as if Jinnai WERE running for president there...

I'm also hoping to meet someone who is willing to help me out on my RPG, if you're interested, e-mail me!!! Please!!! *needs help*

Well, internet-base projects are always a difficulty, and you're free to show off or discuss anything you do here.  I've had experience in the area with a big project I did in a past life for something else... don't ever come to depend on an internet-based person except in spot usage, because life itself usually gets in the way otherwise.  :p  Well, unless said person has proved themselves to be dependable somehow.
Anyone who's been paying attention knows that I too have something in the oven... it'll be a little while yet before I have something I'd feel is worth showing off.  ;) (And I don't wanna until I can verify it'll be stable, too.)

kiddo
Bugrom Forces

Hentai man.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2003, 04:21:43 am »

Eh-heh... I'm not used to communities where everyone goes about by their real name and crud. XD I usually stick more to the SFGHQ ( http://sfghq.emulationzone.org - RANDOM SPAMMING ) and try to have people remember my personality more than my name. But since "EVERYBODY'S DOING IT" (C-do)...

Full Name AFAIK: James Richard (Something something) O'Neill. Rather bland IMHO. Just call me "Wadman" Kiddo Cabbusses (Or just Kiddo) for short.

ASL: OMG. NOT MY ASL. NNNNOOO-::shot::

Er-hem... 16 years old, male (A bit TOO male... and yet a bit too female at the same time. Perhaps I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body.), and currently living somewhere in a PA suburb that you don't know about. (what? You expected me to give out my full address? HAR.)

Personality: On the net, I'm usually silly, not-quite-serious and exxageratingly perverted, almost ready to hit on any girl somewhat close to my age (But one girl at a time, and currently I'm after someone now so you'll have to wait... not like anyone was wanting any anyway, but just in case. ;-;;; ) In IRL I'm too antisocial to have an actual personality other than the alleged "Lazy, geeky, yadda yadda yadda.". :/

Favorite... things:... if I were forced to pick a favorite anything, I'd explode in a ball of self-arguement. I can name some things that I downright hate, but... not right now. I'm tired. ::Yawn::

And, yay. For once a SHORT profile.... not like anyone's proud of it, but still... :P

Join the THNH Today! Defeat the Admin Power Abuse Clan!

Put this in your sidepic/avatar
----------------------------------
What's so wrong with Miz, anyway? I happen t
dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2003, 10:58:22 am »

Salutations from across the big pond they call the Atlantic Ocean! (Uh oh... one sentence and already I'm quoting Chris Morris...)

Name: dooky

Personality: Apparently feminine, since most people on the web assume I'm female ^_^

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, drawing, anime and punk.

Favourite Non-anime Movies: Empire Records and anything featuring the Bratpack.

Anime you've seen: (Uh oh...) El-Hazard (all of it bar Wanderers), Tenchi Muyo, Slayers, 801 TTS Airbats, Oh My Goddess, Burn Up W, Phantom Quest Corps, Dragon Half, Sailor Moon, Nadesico, Lost Universe, RahXephon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Jubei-chan, Mahoromtic, Alien 9 and probably quite a few others.

Religion: Technically Catholic.

How did you find El-Hazard online?: Via the Yahoo ML.

Misc: I'm a Fatora fanboy and a shameless shoujo-ai advocate ^_^V

MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2003, 10:49:47 pm »

Name: Eric Adcock

Personality: Obsessive-compulsive, obviously (see 'Hobbies and interests').

Hobbies and interests: Well, I'm that guy that's posted about three dozen El-Hazard spam-fics to FanFiction.net over the past year.  And I'm teaching myself Japanese, so you can expect some amateurish EH scripts soon, after I've picked up some more kanji :P

Also, genealogy and family history, music (used to play keyboard and bass guitar), and amateur radio (only licensed, never did anything with it).

Favorite non-anime Movie(s): Marx Brothers and W. C. Fields movies, Better Off Dead, UHF, other "cult" comedies.

Anime you've seen: Ah! My Goddess / Mini-Goddess; Battle Athletes Victory; Lupin-Cagliostro; Child's Toy/Kodocha; Dragon Half; Dual; El-Hazard; Elf Princess Rane; Evangelion; Excel Saga; Golden Boy; Hand Maid May; Haunted Junction; Love Hina; Nadesico; Niea Under 7; Photon; Saber Marionette J & Again; Tenchi OVAs, Universe, movies; Those Who Hunt Elves; Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar; Video Girl Ai; and a few others.

How did you find El-Hazard online?: Mark Engels' link on the Yahoo! forum.

EA
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2003, 11:27:27 pm »

SFGHQ ( http://sfghq.emulationzone.org - RANDOM SPAMMING

Actually, PC0's few posts included spammage for that...

Misc: I'm a Fatora fanboy

That happened to become my unofficial status for a little while after one of those "late night" events... I had Fatora as a desktop wallpaper thing for a while, and then late one night past the point of where your brain is still stable, she was looking real good to me.  (Due to various events and akward employment, I've been out of the dating circle for over a year now, and I'm getting real ...

... yeah)

But actually, after that, me and Neil discussed how Fatora and Jinnai are some of the most entertaining characters due simply to their absolute worst traits that SHOULD be taken negatively.  :p
I've also developed some fan-fic'y stuff in my head about a reason we could all feel bad for Fatora, but that's only on to-be-shared status at the moment.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2003, 01:44:00 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2003, 01:56:58 pm »

I've also developed some fan-fic'y stuff in my head about a reason we could all feel bad for Fatora, but that's only on to-be-shared status at the moment.

Hey Bob care sharing your thoughts with me? cos, I could use a reason to hate Fatora less... After all, once I found out what she was like, I was the one who said they should have left her with the Shadow tribe...   :P Ungrateful bitch... Poor Ura... I can't say cats are my favorite animals, but Ura was a cool cat... and I really resent how Fatora treated her... -- not to mention all that Alternative World unpleasantness that she caused...

I will admit that without her chronic stupidity, the series probably would be less eventful...  See? I complimented her...  ;)

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines