Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:05:09 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Ok...so who's actually here?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Ok...so who's actually here?  (Read 30143 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2002, 05:42:40 pm »

Actually I was emailed about it. *shrug*

Yes, and for some reason you were one of my favorite responders.  I like your personality.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
ricia
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2002, 02:51:02 am »

Yes, and for some reason you were one of my favorite responders.  I like your personality.

Well I couldn't not say thanks to this. Thanks. I feel bad that I don't even remember how I responded except that I was probably startled.

-Ricia
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2002, 05:40:52 pm »

Well, this is going back quite a bit.  However, if I do recall, you said something along the lines of El-Hazard being this great series and that I was almost crazy for even phrasing it as a question ;)

Either way, your name among the few other reponders was burned into my brain.  You seemed like the type I'd like to know about.  (As opposed to the one other fella who happened to sound kind of out there)  I was anxiously awaiting a time when I could email you with something really totally great going on at the site but never thought of anything worth your, or any of the other people I bothered, attention.

CURIOSITY STRIKES:  I go to your little tripod page.

My my, your personality is so off the wall I think I really could get along with you ;)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2002, 05:44:42 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

perfect_chaos_zero
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2002, 01:09:35 am »

PC0 reporting for duty. A few of you already know me, (Rob AKA JinnaiGuy, Neil, Hedges, Fuji). Sorry it took me so long to pop up around here Rob, I've been busy working SFGHQ.

Oh, and Ricia, GREAT site.

Name
Aristotle Athanasios Siozopolous
( Yes, it is my real name and yes, I am greek)

Sex
Yes please. =P I'm a male for those intrested.

Personality
I'm often given positions of responsibility, such as admining Sonic Fan Gaming HQ, opping in mIRC channels, and the like. This may be because I can be responsible when need be, or because people are afraid I'll harm them if they don't submit to me. I happen to be considered a little insane, but meh, just cause I was to tear out someones spleen and cook it up for dinner dosen't mean I'm abnormal... right?.... Why are you backing away from me like that?

Hobbies and Interests
Sonic Fan Gaming for one, which is where people make fan games of Sonic The Hedgehog. I also enjoy, comic books, I know more about marvel comics than anyone should. I also am a avid fan of... well, pretty much anything related to computers, such as video games and the like. And ofcourse, obviously, I like to whatch anime!

Anime I've Seen
Mobile Suit Gundam ( Various series, including ones not released in the U.S.A. yet.), Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Trigun, Neon Genesis Evangelion, .hack//sign, Vampire Hunter D, Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust, Ninja Scroll, Sonic The Hedgehog OVA, El-Hazard MW, MW2, AW and Wanderers, Gunsmith Cats, Escaflowne, Slayers, Tenchi (all series), Akira, Final Fantasy, Rockman.exe,  Battle Arena Toshindon, Street Fighter, Ranma 1/2 ( just a ep or two :/)

Religion
Well, some may consider me a Atheist, some may not. I believe that while there might be a higher power, first of all, most of what the bible says about it is full of crap.
I believe that people should decide for themselves what to believe and what not to believe, and that people should be able to choose to not believe in a certain chapter or verse, despite their organized religion.
I also believe that if there is a god, he's not all holy and nice, but rather, possibly created us for amusement or some practical purpose. I don't think he did it because it was a nice thing to do.
More  than anything else, I am religiously against oppression of any kind. Racisim and Religious descrimnation is in my opinion, a crime against the very existance of life. If I ever, EVER see anyone doing such a thing, I simply won't stand for it. This is the only case where I'm willing to force my own personal opinion and belief on someone. Should someone try to descriminate against another in such a way, I will physically beat the crap out of them. No, I'm not exaggerating, I'm actually done it 4 times IRL.

How did I find El-Hazard Online?
I know Rob from way back, I was part of the Sonic Epoch production team. So naturally, I was one of the first to know of El-Hazard Online. To this day, me and Rob are great friends. He introduced me to EH, I liked it, and etc.

Misc.
Well, as you may  know, I'm an admin for Sonic Fan Gaming HQ
::PLUG:: http://sfghq.emulationzone.org/ ::ENDPLUG::

I'm also good at helping relationship troubles, so if you need any help in that area, contact me.
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2002, 01:10:03 pm »

PC0.  About time you big oaf.  ;)  (Actually, I think that statements a contradictory.  You still that skinny beanpole I heard of about a year back? ;D)

draco
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2002, 03:07:36 am »

People just keep coming here. That's good.

Who or what is Phyria?

The gold dragon priestess of Slayers Try. Your description pretty much fits hers, only she carries a mace instead of a morning star... It's just that I've seen her name written in so many different ways, I can't decide which to use (I probably should have written Filia).

So, there are absolutely no anime tapes (and stuff) available in Hungary?

4 dragonball tapes are available, containing some episodes of the Cell saga, and I believe some of the Pokemon episodes were also released. I also found an Akira DVD (The one that was released last year was released here last month... but at least it's available (for now)), and one of the stores selling computer games used to sell a few anime tapes about 5 or 6 years ago.
Other anime stuff that can be bought here are lame Pokemon/SailorMoon/ Dragonball merchandise (like some miscoloured chinese backpacks and 2 inch figures), some Pokemon/Dragonball trading cards (not any more), and it is possible to import soundtracks... for about 3 times the original price. And of course TV channels that actually air some anime (like RTL2 and VoX) are only available only on cable (both of them have been available on satellite, but were replaced with other channels).
schlock_kork
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2002, 07:09:10 am »

Oh, you mean "Filia"! That reminds me of the Slayers character test I've done some weeks ago...

http://www.inverse.org/tests/slayers/

Erm... this is somehow... scary. O_O
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2002, 09:26:58 am »

Name: Timothy Showalter

Sex: Male

Personality: INFP

I - Introvert (aka I'm into looking at the near to far future rather than what's happening now.)

N - Intuitive (aka I use my mind to solve things.)

F - Feeling (aka I use my feelings to make decisions.)

P - Perceptive (aka I don't make judgements until I have many views in my head.)

I also tend to be very quiet around people.  Some consider me a mystery.

Hobbies and interests: Video Games all the way.  I love them.  Series games (Mario, Sonic, Metroid etc.) are my favorite.  I used to watch TV a lot, but I don't now.

Favorate non-anime Movie(s): Back to the Future series, The Big Bus and most other comedies.

Anime you've seen: Some of Sailor Moon, but I'm not a big fan, some of Trigun (I really like this), some of Dragon Ball Z (but mostly for the fight sequences), some of Burn Up W and very little of Excess (little because my little brother owns this, and I'm very apathetic about the series), and all of El-Hazard (one of the ONLY anime series thus far I actually watched all the way through).

Religion: I'm a Christian, plain and true.

How did you find El-Hazard online?: How did I find it?  I was with Rob as he was constructing the whole thing!

Misc: If you want to see a REALLY bad movie?  "Plan 9 From Outer Space".  From people playing around with their guns to the Language Computer (which translates all languages to ours), you need to see it just to see how bad it really is.

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
Fujisawa4654
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2002, 03:12:44 pm »

Eheh, I haven't posted here yet  :-[... Anyway

Name: Richard Maitland Dreyer (Those who call me Dick, shall perish, by the might of.. of... Damn which Fujisawa's Trait's should I put in..)

Age:13 (I may be young, but I am the one who makes the choices of i watch uncut or not  ;) )

Sex: Male

Hobbies or interests: Games, games, Games, AND MORE GAMES!.. I like to ride on my Go-Ped, Every month i always try to get new parts for it, so I can reach up to 50 MPH! HELL YEA!... I have all the high performace upgrades, now I just need a better Engine.

Also, I do not have any religion except for my own, the rules follow: Think for yourself, and only yourself.

The few things i do are not very interesting as it seems, but I don't really give a !@#$... It's my life and I can screw it up if I wanted to (and TANK GOD i don't want to)

drvtech
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2002, 02:38:46 am »

<--is new but is here ^.^
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2002, 03:46:06 am »

Hello *waves lazily* :P

(Yes, finally, another one who actually has a heart!  Cha-ching!) ... heh, excuse me, you'd be surprised how cold and impersonal some of my registrants are o_O

Probably not the worst, but an example from my records of one person:

... is an anime fan.
... likes/loves/worships El-Hazard.
... plans to rudely leech our MP3's and leave. [<-- I personally can't even believe that some answer so honestly :P]

... has never been to EHOL before.
... doesn't need a forum.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2002, 03:49:31 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

BRPXQZME
Dimension Traveler

Now celebrating 100 years of sci-fi movies!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2002, 05:47:29 pm »

Name  

Seriously, not anything you need to know.

Sex  
I'm the ubergeek01 of the middle school I went to.  That makes me male, straight, and not interested.

Centreville, Virginia; I have been lots of places, though.

Personality  
Obsessive Compulsive.  That's enough.

Hobbies and Interests  
Sonic Fan Gaming.

Anime I've Seen
Pokemon!! *shot*

Religion
I am a follower of the Y'shua ben Joseph, better known as Jesus Christ.  I believe that the only way to heaven is through following Him, and the only way to hell is through rejecting him.  Those who are not given a chance will be.

How did I find El-Hazard Online?  
Follow the Rob from SFGHQ, etc etc Sonic Epoch 0wnz j00, dadadada... and now I'm stuck being our Jappy translator guy, only problem is I get too much homework for my own good.

Misc.
I have the highest post count at the SFGHQ MB.  Don't ask me how.

I go to Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology, where the average SAT score is about 1500.  Among Juniors.  Ouch.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2002, 05:58:07 pm by brp » Logged

I know I fall off the face of the planet sometimes.  I suggest you try it, too.
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2002, 06:30:10 pm »

... That makes me male, straight, and not interested.

Except for my crush on my reading teacher, it didn't really kick in for me until about 15 1/2 ;p

now I'm stuck being our Jappy translator guy, only problem is I get too much homework for my own good.

the average SAT score is about 1500.  Among Juniors.  Ouch

Wow each probably explains itself... o_O
Tell me you at least get summers off or something.  There's a whole lot I can use a translator for ;p

Also, don't phrase it as "stuck as" ... after all, I assumed you had completely given up and run off for safe haven at SFGHQ by now ;p ... notice I didn't pester you further about it, either.  Although in-site loyality would be a really sweet deal...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2002, 06:33:29 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

BRPXQZME
Dimension Traveler

Now celebrating 100 years of sci-fi movies!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2002, 07:07:15 pm »

No, it just happens to be a 4-day-weekend.  Yay.  Ends tomorrow.

I know I fall off the face of the planet sometimes.  I suggest you try it, too.
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2003, 07:10:21 pm »

Name:

Mark Engels

31 (which after looking around at the other profiles may make me the Official Old Fart here.) ;)

Sex:

Male

Northwestern Indiana, USA

Personality:  

ENFJ (for those of you familiar with Briggs-Meyers.)

Hobbies and interests: Anime, manga, writing, locomotive repair

Favorate non-anime Movie(s):

Emperor of the North Pole  (it has a steam engine in it much like the one I used to fire)

Anime you've seen:

Aw geez, this might take awhile...

Robotech (let's give credit where it's due...this is the series that I RAN home from school every day to watch!  And it was a slippery slope from there.)

El Hazard (all of it)

Princess Nine

Nadia: Secret of Blue Water

Evangelion

Battle Angel Alita

Gunsmith Cats

801st Airbats

Key the Metal Idol

Bubble Gum Crisis

Oh My Goddess

Inu Yasha

Ranma 1/2

Yu Yu Hakusho

Outlaw Star

Cowboy Bebop

Child's Toy (Kodocha no Omocha)

Tench Muyo

Manga I've read:

El Hazard

Evangelion

Battle Angel Alita

Aqua Knights

Ashen Victor

Gunsmith Cats

Oh My Goddess

Inu Yasha

Ranma 1/2

Cowboy Bebop

Sailor Moon

Kodocha

Video Girl Ai

Utena

Fushigi Yugi

Maison Ikkoku

Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind

Outlanders

Drakuun

Caravan Kidd

Love Hina

Religion:

No comment.  ;)

How did you find El-Hazard online?:  

I was surfing at Jason Bertovich's excellent El Hazard site (http://www.geocities.com/MakotosMWO/) and followed the link here.  I'm glad to see there are still El Hazard fans around!  If you care to meet some others, please visit EH Yahoo! group at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/el-hazard/

Misc:

Married to a lovely woman who has come to enjoy anime with me.  Live with two 90 lb. dogs out in the flatlands of Indiana (just where a a boy from a small farming town in Michigan likes it.)  While I have been an anime fan for many years (as you can see from my age!) I have been a train buff longer.  After completing my electrical engineering coursework at a school in Michigan back in 1993, I worked doing wiring and programming for welding robots in auto plants.  I rode the high-tech wave in Minneapolis as a test systems designer for medical devices and avionics systems for last seven years until it all came crashing down this year.  After having worked part-time as a semi driver, backhoe operator, freight train conductor, and locomotive mechanic, I decided to work for the railroad full time.  I now work for CSX Transportation on a signal construction gang covering territory between Chicago and Louisville, Kentucky.  We're the guys out putting up those gates and flashers up along the highway in the middle of winter.  Needless to say I've become familiar with Carhartts after doing office work for so long.  Brrr!

I have almost completed a monster El Hazard fanfic with the help of my good friend and fellow fictwriter Ken Wolfe.  It's my first El Hazard work, but he has been quite proliferate over the years.  I highly suggest you give his work a once-over, especially if you believe (like me) the growing relationship betweem Makoto and Ifurita being central to the appeal of the series.
You can read Ken's previous EH work here...

http://www.mts.net/~kenwolfe/fanfic.html

Nice to meet you all and hope you enjoy the work.

--me

Mark Engels
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines