Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:54:47 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Ok...so who's actually here?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Ok...so who's actually here?  (Read 31822 times)
jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2003, 10:25:38 pm »

Well, if it's pics you want Rob, sorry, I have no clue what the guy looks like (and believe me, I've looked all over the web)

But on the Perfect Blue DVD, in the Extras section, they give a neat little commentary from Bob, talking about his character. He really does sound like Jinnai! Not only that, but he has an impressive vocabulary, and sounds like quite the intellectual.

I'm hoping he will make an appearance at onbe of the US Anime Cons. The most recent Con in my area happens sometime November, and I don't know if Bob will be there. I've heard that he makes numerous appearances at these things, so I will keep you all posted as far as that, if you want.

(LOL, at my last con, I got hit on by the guy who dubbed Duo from Gundam Wing.   :P Not really interesting, just wanted to mention that. I'm so conseited. < and my spelling sucks.
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2003, 12:50:37 am »

But on the Perfect Blue DVD, in the Extras section, they give a neat little commentary from Bob, talking about his character. He really does sound like Jinnai! Not only that, but he has an impressive vocabulary, and sounds like quite the intellectual.

Any chance you could get me a recording of that?  Assuming you have a PC-installed DVD drive, some sound cards have the capability of recording their audio output, so that's what I'm getting at.  Not incredibly important, but I am curious now. :p

I've heard that he makes numerous appearances at these things, so I will keep you all posted as far as that, if you want.  

I'd appreciate it, definately... I've never managed to get to one of those things in my life.

(LOL, at my last con, I got hit on by the guy who dubbed Duo from Gundam Wing.

That could be funny for my sister Sarah to know (the poster named "Kathy Guinea", FYI)

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2003, 09:11:49 pm »

Any chance you could get me a recording of that?  Assuming you have a PC-installed DVD drive, some sound cards have the capability of recording their audio output, so that's what I'm getting at.  Not incredibly important, but I am curious now. :p

I'd love to, the only problem is, I don't actually own the DVD. I borrowed it from a friend when I was still living in Denver, and well, now that I've moved, you know, little inconvinent.  :P Sorry.

I'd appreciate it, definately... I've never managed to get to one of those things in my life.

I'm suprised! But hey, that's cool! Cons are like Christmas for me and my friends. Last year, at the con in Denver they were giving away really valueable El-Hazard cels as prizes for the costume contest.

If you want my advice, check out:

Nov 7-9:
http://www.nekocon.org/

Nov 21-23:
http://www.animeusa.org/ausa2003/

These two cons appear to be in your area (or somewhat close, anyways) and are the two most recent ones available.  ??? *brain is fried*

I'd also like to metion, casually, on that topic, that I'd like to get together an El-Hazard cosplay group for one of these cons, so if anyone is interested, please get in touch with me. ^-^

That is all.
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2003, 11:37:59 pm »

It would be wonderful if somehow all things including money were right in place around that time, then I could actually try for that.  :P

Still a fairly good Wanderers group (don't know 'em, Neil dug it up from some site at some point.)  I think the Miz looks disturbingly accurate.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2003, 11:39:16 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2003, 10:43:31 am »

I got hit on by the guy who dubbed Duo from Gundam Wing.

SQUEE!!! SCOTT MCNEIL! ^_^ I dont' think any girl would mind getting hit on by him!

He also did Protoman in that gawd awful American Megaman series ^_^ He was THE BEST PART of that show...

Heh maybe they can get him to do Blues EXE in Rockman EXE (coming to the US in the summer) O_O That would be so great! *wonders who will be playing various charaters and hopes they don't suck O_o*
« Last Edit: February 25, 2003, 10:47:28 am by ifurita » Logged

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2003, 04:35:45 pm »

Ok... This is a fairly bad picture of me taken by a friend while we were waiting for the light rail train ^_^ But here I am as Ifurita last summer for Otakon

Wow, I was soo burned from my job last summer (which was mainly outdoors) O_O My face is RED O_O

I've since made a few slight changes to the outfit... (didn't quite have the time to finish a few things ...) Meh...

What no Makoto in that Wanderers group?! For SHAME!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2003, 04:38:19 pm by ifurita » Logged

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2003, 11:48:35 am »

... I love that costume...  ;D

SQUEE!!! SCOTT MCNEIL! ^_^ I dont' think any girl would mind getting hit on by him!

Actually, I'm really glad you reminded me, I had totally forgotten his name!  :'( He's a very friendly guy, and he loves ladies. Actually, I was one out of two in my Glomp Club that he hit on. He seems to really like pretty ladies with big boobs, so I'm sure he'd be happy to hit on you too!  ;D

As a side note, I must also express how cool that costume is.  ;D Last con, I spent one day making my costume in a rush (I was Filia from Slayers, about the only chara I could pull off from that series) And the costume looked terrible. One of my friends was even mean enough to say "It actually looks quite good, for something made in one day..." That's what being a procrastinator does to you. But Scott commented that he really liked it, so I got to rub that in mean ol' Maya's face!  ;D Erm, getting back to the point, I really love that costume. It's cool when you can make a costume that not only looks like it's supposed to, but flatters you like that.  ;D

I think for the next con I would either like to go as wanderers Ifurita, or Fatora (all I have to do is dye my hair brown and wear something trashy, how diffucult is that?) Besides, out of all the charas on EH, I definatley look the most like Fatora (besides, I could have fun with that role...  ;) )
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2003, 01:04:14 am »

... I love that costume...  ;D

Thank you ^_^

He seems to really like pretty ladies with big boobs, so I'm sure he'd be happy to hit on you too!  ;D

LOL! Thanks for the compliment...but umm don't let the outfit fool you... my boobs aren't that big O_O That outfit was just tight as hell! (I had to actually let it out about half an inch cos at first it was so tight it was uncomfortable... that half an inch made a world of difference!)

I doubt he'd hit on me given my track record with men... However, I'll admit...when I wore this outfit to the first anime club meeting last term, about 3 guys asked me to stop and let them see my outfit in my dorm lobby O_O It was quite scary actually... as they were all drooling and whistling and carrying on... Then I went outside and some freak beeped at me too! Well I let him have it! I yelled, "Yeah you like that idiot! I got it you don't!" Men can be such pigs... if I had been in my regular clothes...NONE of them would have given me the time of day...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2003, 01:08:54 am by ifurita » Logged

Netto:
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2003, 01:36:02 am »

Well, what have we learned from this?  Obviously, all of the guys of the world can now be yours for the price of dressing up like Ifurita.

rogewolf
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2003, 01:53:59 am »

Rob, you're an evil genious, and we all knew that was true already, this is just the missing proof
jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2003, 02:42:16 am »

Men can be such pigs...

You are so right, Men are pigs! If it wasn't for that whole stupid "preservation of the speecies" thing, I bet we could all get along better without em!  ;) Well, but then, who would carry our bags when we go shopping??  ;D

Once, while I was walking down the street, I got shaving cremed! I hate to admit it, but I think he thought I was a hooker or something... Actually, I was running away from home, but that just made my day all that much brighter!  >:(

An even greated example would be the seemingly innocent "Let's go up to your room on the 2nd day of dating so we can "listen to music" " I can't believe I was ever nieve enough to fall for that. Major Qawool moment here.

I know what that means too, I look like a hooker, so guys assume I AM. Oh, why can't we reproduce through mitosis??

*pauses and realizes she's ranting about men again*

Dammit. Please excuse me, it's one o' clock down here and I'm too tired to read. Night people.

*Immediatley decides to drown her sorrows in Paxil and Cherry Coke*

... Why am I actually posting all this??
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2003, 03:15:16 am »

I have no idea.  But quite frankly, women cause ME frustration, because I can only account for about 3 who I ever even can talk to not counting relatives -- site member Master Fedora via AIM, a 35 year old married woman, and this girl who would be a wonderful potential dateable who lives nearby and all that, if only she didn't have a boyfriend.  And I only have ever really talked to her vaguely about the local neighborhood and school, and that was once.

So it's not like ALL men are pigs.  Some of us are just as annoyed and disadvantaged as you too.  I haven't gotten a chance to be a pig.  ;p

Now, enough of that, you're falling off-topic.

El The Istari
Demon God(ess)

I am the pic theif. You are next. Yes, you.

View Profile Email
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2003, 03:45:39 pm »

Name: Clare (Irish spelling, get it right!) Taylor.

Age: As old as the tide, as young as the first snowdrop of Spring.

Sex: Female.

Personality: Uh.... Ask Lar... Ok, maybe not, she's just describe me as Evil Incarnate....

Hobbies and interestes: Stuff.

Favorite non-anime movie: Lord of the Rings (both movies)

Animes I've seen/heard about:
El Hazard (Duh!)
Flame of Recca,
Tenchi Muyo,
Blue Seed,
Sailor Moon,
Pokemon,
GTO,
Realbout Highschool,
Cardcaptors,
Megotoyko,
Neon Genisis Evangelion,
Record of Lodoss war
Cowboy Beebop,
Trigun,
Revolutionary Girl Utena,
Inu yasha,
Dragon Ball Z,
Princess Monoke,
Metropolis,
Princess Nine,
Gundamn Wing,
Kiki Deliviry Service,
Oh! My Godess.
Outlaw Star,
Hamtaro,
Mashimaro,
Ghost in the Shell,
Bubblegum Crisis,
Fist of The North Star,
Galaxy Fraulein Yuna,
I me my Strawberry Eggs,
Azumanga Daioh,
FLCL,
His and Her circumstances,
MeiKing,
Tekkaman Blade,
Ninja Scroll,
X,
Bast*** (It is an anime!)
Zone of the Enders,
Excel Saga,
Ghostsweeper Mikami,
The Irresponsible Captain Tyler,
Golden Boy,
The Soultaker,
Project A-ko,
Hellsing,
Those Who Hunt Elves,
Sherlock Hound,
Vampire Hunter D,
Zoids,
Plastic Little,
Astro Boy,
Dirty Pair Flash (It is an anime!... Honest!)
Twilight of The Dark Master,
Blud the Last Vampire,
Maison Ikkoku,
Moldiver,
Monster Rancher,
Nadia, Secret of Blue Water,
Flint, Time Detective,
Ranma 1/2,
RG Veda,
Robotech,
Tenchi Universe,
Tenchi In Toyko,
Magical Girl Pretty Sasami,
Devil City Shinjuku,
Love Hina,
Hand Maid May.

Religion: Wwha?

And some other stuff...

« Last Edit: March 01, 2003, 04:08:48 pm by elyrka_redsmith » Logged

Of course I'm out of my mind, it's dark and scary in there!
Forget the dogs of war. The wolves of war are what you should be worrying about.
Excuse me, I seem to have found a Heero in my shoe.
FOR SALE: 1 set of morals, never used
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2003, 04:45:50 pm »

Okay, I'm gonna do some quoting about what Clare/Elyrka said!!!! *smile!!!* ;D ;D ;D

*Name: Clare (Irish spelling, get it right!) Taylor.* Soooo not important.

*Age: As old as the tide, as young as the first snowdrop of Spring. * Erm....shut up!

*Sex: Female.* Look on your profile dumbass!

*Location: Page 29 of The Void.* Okay, now i'm like sooooooooo confused!

*Personality: Uh.... Ask Lar... Ok, maybe not, she's just describe me as Evil Incarnate.... * Erm....yes, very true. And she is evil incarnate.

*Hobbies and interestes: Stuff.* Drawing, telling me if i don't stop bugging her or whining she'll take away all my Orlando posters...  

*Favorite non-anime movie: Lord of the Rings (both movies)* Yeah Honey!!!!!

*Animes I've seen/heard about:
El Hazard (Duh!) Yep.
Flame of Recca, yes.
Tenchi Muyo, great
Blue Seed, erm...yes
Sailor Moon, okay
Pokemon,  coolish
GTO, what?
Realbout Highschool, sort of
Cardcaptors, wahoooo!
Megotoyko, huh?
Neon Genisis Evangelion, yey!
Record of Lodoss war, what the?
Cowboy Beebop, Erm...i think
Trigun, you what? Oh wait, I have heard of that.
Revolutionary Girl Utena, yip
Inu yasha, ni?
Dragon Ball Z, duh!
Princess Monoke, one of the best
Metropolis, uh huh
Princess Nine, heh?
Gundamn Wing, MY FAVE!!!!
Kiki Deliviry Service,  Kool!
Oh! My Godess. Yipee!
Outlaw Star, uh huh
Hamtaro, saw hamtaro in argos today!
Mashimaro, cute or deadly?
Ghost in the Shell, weird!
Bubblegum Crisis, cool!
Fist of The North Star, yeh, that tpp/
Galaxy Fraulein Yuna, nope, never heard of it.
I me my Strawberry Eggs, what the?
Azumanga Daioh, nope, doesn't ring a bell.
FLCL, same here
His and Her circumstances, and again
MeiKing, guess what?
Tekkaman Blade, rings small bell
Ninja Scroll, this too
X, sort of
Bast*** (It is an anime!) heard of, worried already
Zone of the Enders, nope
Excel Saga, nope again
Ghostsweeper Mikami, nope again again
The Irresponsible Captain Tyler, yes finally
Golden Boy, damn it!
The Soultaker, not again!
Project A-ko, ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Hellsing, noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Those Who Hunt Elves, yey!!!!!!!!1
Sherlock Hound, nooooooooo!!!
Vampire Hunter D, wayhey!
Zoids, yey!
Plastic Little, nooooooo!
Astro Boy, yey!!!!!!!!!!!
Dirty Pair Flash (It is an anime!... Honest!)  Sadly enough i have a pic in my PC of this.
Twilight of The Dark Master, nope
Blud the Last Vampire, damn it
Maison Ikkoku, not again
Moldiver, yip, not heard of it again
Monster Rancher, yey! Finally!
Nadia, Secret of Blue Water, yes!!!!!!!!!
Flint, Time Detective, wayhey!
Ranma 1/2, go me!
RG Veda, nooooooooooo!!
Robotech, nooooooooooo!!
Tenchi Universe, yey!!!!!!
Tenchi In Toyko, yey!!!!!
Magical Girl Pretty Sasami, yey!!!!!!!!
Devil City Shinjuku, noooo!
Love Hina, yey!!!!!!
Hand Maid May. yey!!!!!!!!*

*Religion: Wwha?* Very true.

*And sone other stuff...* Yip that too.

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
El The Istari
Demon God(ess)

I am the pic theif. You are next. Yes, you.

View Profile Email
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2003, 04:52:14 pm »

God, you really do have too much time on your hands!

So long... And thanks for all the fish!  :-*  :P  ;)  ;D  :P

Of course I'm out of my mind, it's dark and scary in there!
Forget the dogs of war. The wolves of war are what you should be worrying about.
Excuse me, I seem to have found a Heero in my shoe.
FOR SALE: 1 set of morals, never used
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines