Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:22:53 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  1000!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: 1000!!!!  (Read 14302 times)
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2003, 10:28:34 pm »

Uh, I think I've got a couple of LPD/Ka-Spel CDs around here somewhere.  Haven't played them for years.  Sorry, we're pushing the limits of my l33t band sk1lz  ^^;

It's all good. What else do you like to listen to MrWhat?

I've been amused by conspiracy theories that, after Syd Barrett was kicked out of Pink Floyd, he migrated to the continent and changed his name to Edward Ka-Spel.  Their singing voices are eerily similar, at times.

Heh heh, except that Syd really went down hill after Pink Floyd. He did a handful of decent solo albums. But, by the time he wandered into the studio during the "Wish You Were Here" sessions, the band didn't even recognize him. He was all fat and bald. I forget the exact year he died, but it was not long after that. Poor Syd.

But Tear Garden is, like, the ideal combination of the best aspects of Skinny Puppy and LPD, for me.  I have been tempted to pick up Cevin Key's solo albums.  Do you know what they're like, generally speaking?

Heh heh, are you familiar with Download? That's all the Skinny Puppy people that are also in Tear Garden. I can't actually remember if I've heard any of Cevin Key's solo stuff. I'm sure you could find some on Direct Connect though.  ^^;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
theravenisdead
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2003, 04:15:30 am »

I wish I could say that I have heard of any of these bands, But alas I have not.  ^^;
*goes back to his mix CD*

This song is a Poem to myself
It helps me to live...

*wanders off*
« Last Edit: October 24, 2003, 04:23:43 am by theravenisdead » Logged
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2003, 07:40:35 am »

Never got into Pink Floyd... though I think I have a picture of them with The Move ^_^

Speaking of The Move I miss my CDs... the military had better have my stuff! I'm calling them on Monday... I think they are past their self imposed deadline for delivery of my stuff...

If they lost my stuff... there will be hell to pay... much hell... I don't think I can replace those Move CDs anymore they were German imports :bawl

I miss my wall scrolls too... and my kick ass Japanese Metropolis poster... and my Megaman poster that has all the robots from 1-5 on it... If they lost THAT THEY WILL DIE!!!!!!

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2003, 11:21:41 am »

Yeah, it's getting to be almost November already (hard to believe)! Didn't you say they called you up once and said they had like half of your stuff?

Sarah, if you like the Move, you'll probably like the first two Pink Floyd albums with Syd Barret (well, the second is half Syd and half David Gilmore); Piper at the Gates of Dawn and Saucerful of Secrets. And maybe their, third album; Meddle. Personally though, I prefer the Darkside of the Moon/Wish You Were Here/Animals era stuff. ^_^

MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2003, 03:55:29 pm »

It's all good. What else do you like to listen to MrWhat?

Well, let's see... I guess my top four favorites would be Pink Floyd, the Cure, the Moody Blues, and...  They Might Be Giants.  "One Of These Things Is Not Like The Others"  :P

More favorites, off the top of my head, in alpha order:
America (best-of album, a guilty pleasure)
Barenaked Ladies (in small doses)
Bauhaus (some) / Peter Murphy (some) / Daniel Ash / Tones On Tail / Love & Rockets
Bjork (her first two or three solo albums)
Danielle Brisebois (only found one album by her, "Arrive All Over You")
Kate Bush (first three or four albums, mostly)
Danielle Dax (only found a couple albums by her)
dIRE sTRAITS (their whole catalog, it's all good)
the Brian Eno/John Cale album "Wrong Way Up"
fIREHOSE
Garbage (first two albums)
Heart (ST album and "Bad Animals" are guilty pleasures)
Penelope Houston (albums "Cut You" and "Tongue")
Cyndi Lauper (first two albums, mostly)
Lush (My Bloody Valentine lite)
Lycia (mostly just "Cold," the only album in the same league as the Cure's "Disintegration")
My Bloody Valentine
Pet Shop Boys (first three or four albums)
Porcupine Tree (their whole catalog, tho I think I'm one or two albums behind)
Portishead
Primus, and Les Claypool's 6,000 side-projects
Shakespear's Sister / Marcella Detroit
Siouxsie & The Banshees (later albums)
Suzanne Vega (first three albums, mostly)
Tear Garden
Yello (first five or six albums, before "Oh Yeah" hit big)
Frank Zappa (1960s/1970s albums, mostly)

And, of course, "Weird Al" Yankovic.  I also used to listen to "Dr. Demento" at college, until the corporate fascists effectively forced him off the air.  More recently, I listened to Dr. D over broadband Internet, until the corporate fascists effectively shut down most Internet radio broadcasting.

I used to be a huge XTC fan... but, except for "Drums And Wires" and "Nonsuch", I seriously went off them a few years ago.  Maybe I'll like them again after I've "rested" their other albums for awhile longer.

And I also like twangy surfin' guitar rock.  Dick Dale, Duane Eddy, stuff like that.  When I lived in Bloomington IL, a local radio station played an hour of it every Saturday at midnight.  They called it "The Hillbilly Surf Hour"  8)
El The Istari
Demon God(ess)

I am the pic theif. You are next. Yes, you.

View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2003, 04:52:44 am »

Raven - It cost me £16.99, not cheap at all. It was way worth it though.  ;D

My favourites (In no order):

Nirvana
Rammstein
Blind Guardian
The White Stripes
Evanescance
Linkin Park
"Weird Al" Yancovic
Queens Of The Stoneage (In very, very, small doses. I can only take so much.)

That's about it, really. Sad. *Shakes head*

Of course I'm out of my mind, it's dark and scary in there!
Forget the dogs of war. The wolves of war are what you should be worrying about.
Excuse me, I seem to have found a Heero in my shoe.
FOR SALE: 1 set of morals, never used
theravenisdead
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2003, 06:09:48 am »

I dun think I could manage a list of fave artists. Too many, and they change so often. I'd think it'd be more appropriate if I just posted my WinAmp playlist.

Anyone want it, ask.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2003, 06:11:30 am by theravenisdead » Logged
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2003, 05:24:34 pm »

Oooh, listmaking. <3

I'm such a j-rock dork. XD Me = ridiculously out of touch with western music.

In no particular order...

Catatonia
Fiona Apple
Alanis Morrissette (angry women <3)
Luscious Jackson
Bjork
Bif Naked
Massive Attack
Moby (haven't listened to a lot though, admittedly.)
Portishead
Concord Dawn
Sneaker Pimps
in case you haven't guessed by now, I'm all about the trip hop. :B
Gackt (it begins... *slobber*)
L'Arc~en~Ciel
Malice Mizer (primarily the Tetsu era, actually, AKA the vocalist that everyone hates XP)
Dir en grey (their last album wasn't great, but they seem to be reverting back to their old style nowadays, so w00t.)
Shiina Ringo
The Pillows (yes, I got turned onto them because of FLCL. I'm so not indie. *weep*)

That's... gnarg. All I can think of at the moment.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2003, 05:28:53 pm by xel » Logged

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars &amp; Loud Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2003, 07:01:44 pm »

All right! We got a full blown music discussion going here, which is just the way I like it. You others who haven't particpated yet, I know you all listen to music! Please deposit your two cents.

These are some of the greatest albums ever recorded. Or my favorites, at least. How very rare it is to have an album you can listen to and enjoy all the way through?

The Cure - Disintegration
Depeche Mode - Violator
The Smiths - The Smiths, Louder Then Bombs
Talking Heads - Remain in Light, Speak in Tounges
Skinny Puppy - Too Dark Park
Clan of Xymox - Creatures
VNV Nation - Praise the Fallen, Empires, FuturePerfect
Covenant - Europa

...and many others. These are the ones that come to mind immediately. An interesting website I recently discovered http://mp3.carcasse.com which has tons of free MP3s. Mostly Brazilian Gothic, Industrial and Black Metal, interestingly enough. Not much of a metal person myself (although I used to really be into that stuff years ago), but good music is good music after all!

Speaking of good music, I'll listen to anything that sounds good to my ears if the mood carries me. Not a huge country person, but I do like a few things. Mostly Johnny Cash, the man in black! He always had a voice I liked and some great songs. Even when he did covers, like in his American Recordings series, he always picked good songs. I also like Hip Hop, mostly old school 80s stuff. And 70s and 80s funk and R & B.

And of course, I simply love J-Pop and anime music! Anything that sounds good, works for me. I was really into the music of Heat Guy J, Noir and Onegai Teacher long before I'd actually seen the anime. Judy & Mary and L'arc en Ciel are my favorite J-Pop bands. I also really like X-Japan, TWO-MIX and TM Revolution. Oh yeah, and Puffy is great too.  ;D

Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2003, 09:42:54 pm »

Oh yeah, and Puffy is great too.  ;D

I saw Puffy live two summers ago. <3 They were awesome. The fact that they came all the way to midwestern America to perform makes them even more awesome. They said they got up early to go to MOA and Camp Snoopy that day. That was so cute. ^^ I still have the ticket. *dreamy*

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2003, 10:35:47 pm »

The only Japanese band I've seen live (besides sundry experimental electronic artists) is Angel in Heavy Syrup. They played like only 2 shows on the west coast, during Gong's comeback tour in '96. They were great. The guitarist had so many different effects pedals she was practically running back and forth across the stage to hit them all.

Oh wait, I saw the Boredoms also.......mostly. My friend made me leave early, the damn wuss.  -_- I almost saw Melt Banana, when they were playing at the Gilman. I heard that if you were standing outside the club when they were playing, it sounded like someone was trying to land an airliner inside.  ^^;

Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2003, 01:21:24 am »

All right! We got a full blown music discussion going here, which is just the way I like it. You others who haven't particpated yet, I know you all listen to music! Please deposit your two cents.

Hmm... Well, to be truthful, I have... odd tastes in music. Almost without exception, the only way that I'll like music is if I associate it with something I've seen or done. I like video game soundtracks, because of the pleasant associations of playing video games. I enjoy oldies like the Eagles and the Beatles, because those are the soundtracks that my parents would play all the time when we vacationed in my youth. I frequently like movie soundtracks (well, assuming that I enjoyed the movie, which is pretty rare ^^; ).

Basically, I can enjoy pretty much ANY kind of music, supposing that I've got some kind of memory to associate it with. Rap, heavy metal, classical, country - it doesn't really matter. I can even MAKE myself eventually enjoy a song, by purpously listening to it over and over again over a long period of time. But I rarely make such an effort.

Specific artists, though? That's difficult to say, since I may enjoy one song by an artist because I've associated it with something, but dislike all the rest because I have not. There ARE a few artists that I actually like in spite of lack of associations, but I generally don't own any of their albums. I like just about everything Alanis Morissette sings, for instance, and I like Smash Mouth for some reason.

Oh, and the exception to all of the above is Weird Al Yankovic. I love the guy, and have collected just about everything he's ever sung. ^_^V

The 1337 poster
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2003, 03:28:22 am »

I like video game soundtracks, because of the pleasant associations of playing video games.

HELL YEAH! I AM SOO WITH YOU ON THIS ONE!

^_^ There is something comforting about the 5 channel (4 analog 1 digital) FM synth of the NES...

Since I have been deprived of my CDs... (stupid military taking forever to deliver my stuff) I have been listening to all my Megaman MP3s which include the old NES/SNES versions as well as various remixes (of which I am VERY picky). I have more videogame MP3s than anything else on my computer.

When I play them, I'm almost as happy as I am when I'm whupping some dumb shit Wily robot or Maverick's ass! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Almost...

Note to self: When household goods arrive, make Split Mushroom dance, and make Astroman cry.

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2003, 05:08:09 am »

Videogame remixes are the best. And I am very picky as well. Remix, cover, whatever as long as it sounds just right! I think it's time we all listed our top ten favorite Overclocked remixes?

Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2003, 07:12:08 am »

Videogame remixes are the best. And I am very picky as well. Remix, cover, whatever as long as it sounds just right! I think it's time we all listed our top ten favorite Overclocked remixes?

Hee hee

*ahem* in no particular order

1. Megaman X1 Airbased -- Storm Eagle had by far the most kick ass song in X1 I always liked him but I'm partial to birds.

2. Megaman 1 Cutman Sonata -- Cutman has grown on me... yes he's a pansy ass... but I'm a closet Cutman fan

3. Megaman 1 Circuit Breaker -- I love Elecman ^_^

4. Megaman 2 Dr. Wily Haunts Flashman -- this one just kicks ass

5. Megaman 2 The Tallest Building -- The Megaman 2 theme is THE Megaman theme for me.

6. Megaman 3 It's Boss Time -- the MM3 Wily boss song ruled... wish someone would do a good remix of the 2nd boss song I kinda liked that one too... sudden urge to play 3... ... not now is 10pm... must go to bed... MUST...

7. Megaman 3 Wily Metal --- one of my fav Megaman songs ever was the Wily 3-4 stage song in MM3

8. Megaman 3 Blue Reflection -- This one is just interesting... though the lyrics have nothing to do with Megaman ... or they make your head hurt if you try to make em fit... ... I try not to think about em... but it's an interesting remix.

9. Zelda Rabbit Joint Cover -- this one cracks my shit up God I love Zelda... Link is so great ^_^

10. Chrono Trigger TheIncredibleSingingRobot -- this sooo reminds me of Jeff Lynne's song "Video" it's soooo awesome ^_^ In fact they mention the "Electric Dreams" soundtrack in the write up on it ^_^ So, this one I have a special soft spot for...  Ahh Jeff Lynne, before he became completely jaded, bitter and disgruntled...

Umm yeah that's it.

I wish someone would do a kick ass remix of Magnetman's theme he was always my favorite. I like Tenguman's theme too... and Shadowman and... I need to shut up and go to bed cos we know I'm gonna list about 10 other Wily robots here...

and I feel another bishi robot utopia rant coming on... must not lust after nonexistant humanoid robots...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2003, 07:16:58 am by ifurita » Logged

Netto:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines