Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:16:45 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  1000!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: 1000!!!!  (Read 14319 times)
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2003, 08:59:12 am »

Since I have been deprived of my CDs... (stupid military taking forever to deliver my stuff) I have been listening to all my Megaman MP3s which include the old NES/SNES versions as well as various remixes (of which I am VERY picky). I have more videogame MP3s than anything else on my computer.

I don't actually own any soundtracks as o1d 5k00l as NES era games, but I definitely agree that they had a lot of great tunes. Hmmm... Blaster Master... *Drifts off into pleasant reminiscence.*

*Snaps back to reality* Erm, anyway, I can still remember and hum almost anything from Mega Man 2, as well as several other NES games. I haven't really looked into many video game remixes, though. I DID buy the Majestic Mix CDs (a collection mostly consisting of remixes of Final Fantasy tunes), and my brother has a collection of old NES tunes performed by grunge guitar and precussion (there's an EXCELLENT remix of the title theme for Metroid there, and some other good stuff as well), but I forget the name of the artist.

and I feel another bishi robot utopia rant coming on... must not lust after nonexistant humanoid robots...

Considering the number of Ifurita enthusiasts here, I seriously doubt there are many here with the right to call you on that. ^^;

The 1337 poster
theravenisdead
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2003, 05:09:27 pm »

Ahh, a music debate in full swing  8) Guess I'll list my 5 fave bands of the moment:

1. Taproot
2. Matthew Good Band
3. Our Lady Peace
4. Linkin Park
5. Disturbed

As for my 10 fave songs of the moment...

1. Taproot - 'Poem'
2. Matthew Good Band - 'Advertising On Police Cars'
3. Linkin Park - 'Don't Stay'
4. Our Lady Peace - 'Supermans Dead'
5. Matthew Good Band - 'Everything is Automatic'
6. A Perfect Circle - 'Weak And Powerless'
7. Green Day - 'Desensitized'
8. Our Lady Peace - 'All For You'
9. Trik Turner - 'Sacrifice'
10. Matchbox Twenty - 'Long Day'

And also, the great instrumental track from the EH AW soundtrack 'Ikijen no Sekai El Hazard' (sp?). That can be considered number 11 I guess.

Some of those songs will probably never leave the top 10 for a looooong time.

And here's a 'short'  ^^; list of my favourite albums.

Matthew Good Band - 'Underdogs' (1997)
Our Lady Peace - 'Clumsy' (1997)
Linkin Park - 'Hybrid Theory' (2000)
Marilyn Manson - 'Antichrist Superstar' (1996)
Nirvana - 'Nevermind' (1991)
Disturbed - 'The Sickness' (2000)
Disturbed - 'Believe' (2002)
Our Lady Peace - 'Naveed' (1994)
Our Lady Peace - 'Spiritual Machines' (2000)
Matthew Good Band - 'Beautiful Midnight' (1999)
Matthew Good Band - 'The Audio Of Being' (2001)
Matthew Good Band - 'Avalanche' (2003)
Nine Inch Nails - 'The Downward Spiral' (1994)
Nine Inch Nails - 'The Perfect Drug: Versions' <EP> (1997)
Linkin Park - 'Meteora' (2003)
Taproot - 'Welcome' (2002)
Taproot - 'Gift' (2000)

That'll be enough fer now. I'll wait ta hear other posts  ^_^V
« Last Edit: October 27, 2003, 07:54:34 pm by theravenisdead » Logged
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2003, 07:19:31 pm »

All right! We got a full blown music discussion going here, which is just the way I like it.

While we're at it... I haven't actually been to that many live concerts, and given my current situation, it's going to be awhile before I go to any more.  But, anyway, here's another obsessive-compulsive list:
http://echoalpha.com/etc/concerts.html

I'd also like to mention/brag that I am the proud owner of, not one, but two tickets autographed by John Flansburgh of They Might Be Giants  8)

Considering the number of Ifurita enthusiasts here, I seriously doubt there are many here with the right to call you on that  ^^;

^^;  ^^;  ^^;

*ahem*  So, Saucer... nice weather we're having, huh?
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars &amp; Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2003, 12:20:51 am »

*ahem*  So, Saucer... nice weather we're having, huh?

Heh heh, actually it's funny how people always assume I'd simple be happier with Ifurita and someone just like her. I suppose it must seem like I'm obssesed. And, I suppose I am to a certain degree. Yes, I love Ifurita. But no more than anyone else loves their favorite chara from their favorite book, film, anime or whatever. Not in the way I could ever love a real woman. None the less, it's only normal for a man to eyeball and get excited over other women, real, animated or otherwise.  ^^;

Oh yeah, ummm....... remixes. In no particular order:

Alex Kidd in Miracle World - Sugar High
Altered Beast - The Fallen's Grave
Doom - Doomed E1L8 Boss
Golden Axe - Death Adder Trance
Moon Patrol - Road To Tyco Station
Outrun - Instant
Panzer Dragoon Orta - More Than A Weapon
Quartet - Summer Trance
Shenmue - Ryo's Renshuu
Super Street Fighter 2 - Cammy by Night

I could do a whole 'nother top ten souly dedicated to Street Fighter II remixes.  ^^;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2003, 09:19:29 am »

I'd also like to mention/brag that I am the proud owner of, not one, but two tickets autographed by John Flansburgh of They Might Be Giants  8)

That's pretty excellent!

Heh my friend David likes to brag that he was almost killed by John Flansburgh. ^_^;

He went to a TMBG concert a few years back and he was kinda standing around...next thing he knew John Flansburgh comes running by, nearly knocking him over being chased by about 5 fan girls. ^_^; So David comes back from the concert and says, "GUESS WHAT?! I WAS ALMOST KILLED BY JOHN FLANSBURGH!!!!" It was pretty funny.

I love TMBG. They are so odd ^_^ I personally find "The Statue Got Me High" high highly amusing.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2003, 09:20:56 am by ifurita » Logged

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars &amp; Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2003, 10:10:18 pm »

I like "Cage and Aquarium."  ;D

And that other song, something about; "He toured the world with a heavy metal band..."

TMBG used to have this thing where you call up a phone number and they had a diferent short song (like 1 minute long) every day. I don't think they do that any more though.  ^^;
« Last Edit: October 28, 2003, 10:11:28 pm by saucer » Logged

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2003, 11:40:45 pm »

Man, I've logged in at least three times today.  Gotta cool my heels, here  ^^;

And that other song, something about; "He toured the world with a heavy metal band..."

But they ran out of gas-- the plane can never land  ;)  That's "Shoehorn With Teeth."  It's a scream when TMBG play it live.  They bring out a "solid gold nickel-plated" glockenspiel, and the drummer comes up front to play the one-note glockenspiel solo, always to loud applause.

TMBG used to have this thing where you call up a phone number and they had a diferent short song (like 1 minute long) every day. I don't think they do that any more though.  ^^;

http://www.dialasong.com/  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines