Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:23:23 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  new thing for the site to consider
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: new thing for the site to consider  (Read 4023 times)
dronealien
Londs' Screen Time

"Dark Hero"

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2003, 04:03:03 pm »

I know we have a forums, but I was wondering ::).....................what if we had a chat section. Just a thought. ::)

I didn't know whether to put this is the El-Haz. or non-topic so I put it here for safety's sake. ^^;
« Last Edit: October 02, 2003, 05:23:39 pm by dronealien » Logged
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 08:01:41 pm »

what if we had a chat section.

I don't know if it's my place to answer this, but-- Rob set up an official IRC channel, a few months ago, I think.  It wasn't used very much, and it was abandoned after a few weeks.

You might just try chatting with individual members.  Many of them have posted AIM nicks.  I'm afraid that I rarely use IM myself, due to a lack of free time, and not being a chatty kind of guy in general  ^^;
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2003, 08:34:44 am »

Yeah... as opposed to many internet communities that are based on hyperactive teenage kids with all the free time in the world... I've noticed a particular age level we get around here is often in the higher double digits.  ;)  Heck, even I'm 20, a few months shy of US drinking age.  (Quiet, those with lower ones.)  But I'm talking late 20's early 30's.  Anyway, so these guys work and stuff, so anything beyond an "anytime" forum is pretty hard for them to get connected to.  Heck, I probably even couldn't be in my own chat most of the time with my current schedule.

Now, all of this is moot if you're trying to say you just wanted a personal post random "smalltalk" stuff about your life kind of forum.  That's what this one more or less is.  (It was originally sort of a fluff forum, but the concept of fluffing kind of dried up acceptance even in a small breakoff world.)

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines