Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:49:06 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  the magnificent love-triangle world
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: the magnificent love-triangle world  (Read 9729 times)
DNAngel Daisuke
Bugrom Forces

.: Health is Wealth :. I thank you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2003, 05:53:44 am »

I guess the links are broken sorry...

ROB, it is not a VCD cover or somthin... Its a preview of the OVA.. A Summary...

ONLY on JAPAN

Do you want it? I'll give it to ya...

Do you think of me?
Do you dream of me?
I always dream about you.

Do you think of me?
Do you dream of me?

All that lies in me,
All that dies in me.
How can I live without you?
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2003, 07:54:18 am »

No, the links aren't broken.  (Although being Geocities they must be copy+pasted into a blank browser window lest they trigger Geocities anti-offsite linking policy.)

I've circled what's throwing me off:

"CD-ROM".  That's all.

But okay.  So it's not a disk.  Just a booklet or something then?

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Makoto Mizuhara
Dimension Traveler

Mak-Daddy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2003, 09:44:36 pm »

I'm a little confused...  ^^;

The image in question, I'm pretty sure was an advertisement  for an El-Hazard CD-Rom.  I have a couple different ones (Adverts, not CD's).  I know that there was a "Visual File CD-ROM" for Win '95(Basically a giant promo Cd with Art, story stuff, etc.), but whether this particular ad is for that CD, I'm unsure.  It seems unlikely as the ads I have have conflicting release dates.

See it here --> http://www.geocities.com/knights_of_queen_aya/coav.jpg

As for this particular ad, It wouldn't surprise me in the least that this was for an Official AIC release of El-Hazard on CD-Rom (A.K.A. Computer VCD's) considering what a technophile haven Japan is and how many formats that consumers support there.  Semi-decent Quality CD-Roms may just be the alternative for consumers who either didn't have LD or DVD or, more importantly, couldn't AFFORD DVD and LD (Considering that 30 minute tapes and discs cost the equlivilent of an average of 40-60 US dollars.)  

Check this out

http://www.geocities.com/knights_of_queen_aya/84.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/knights_of_queen_aya/85.jpg

This is throwing me off, because this isn't part of any Cd's.  They're art book pages.  Unless I missed part of the conversation.  ???

Anyway, Robbie, nice job over the last few months.  You've really stuck with it with the the Site.  Makes me want to get off my lazy backside and finish up and revamp my own stuff.  *Thinks to self* Really must apologize to Aaron for vanishing for 2 months...again...

Anyway, kudos.

El-Hazard Information, collected with TLC because of OCD...

(http://www.geocities.com/MakotosMWO/) http://www.el-hazardonline.net
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2003, 04:49:11 am »

Grrrr... curse you, Makoto!

How dare you say "kudos" in my presence!

I Care Deep
Aya Mikage
Demon God(ess)

Does she look like Ifurita? She's a mage...

ICQ Messenger - 245860247 AOL Instant Messenger - ifurita214 Yahoo Instant Messenger - tenyo_aya_mikage
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2003, 09:04:38 pm »

Iria please update your links... We can't access it..

That, probably is a preview of the OAV..

"In the future, you will fall under the control of the star of darkness."

"I see blood, anger, and sadness -- the destruction of the equilibrium of everything in this world."

"On the day when the 16th star an
DNAngel Daisuke
Bugrom Forces

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2003, 09:15:47 pm »

That "CD-ROM" thing there is only a part of the advertisement but the whole image itself is from a preview of the OAV.. It's in a comic form...

SEE? Ifurita and Makoto...

Then, the others come along with them...

And those water-colored images on the end of the OAV, I protest that it is only a fanart...

Try this link
http://www.geocities.com/knights_of_queen_aya/ehem.htm

[Rob edit: corrected URL]

ITS IS NOT AN ARTBOOK, ok?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2003, 10:01:43 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Do you think of me?
Do you dream of me?

Do you think of me?
Do you dream of me?

All that lies in me,
All that dies in me.
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2003, 10:09:53 pm »

And those water-colored images on the end of the OAV, I protest that it is only a fanart...

I assume you mean that you're protesting someone could callously write it off as mere fanart.

Well, for starters I'd like to remind you one thing I've learned in business such as this -- a variety of people have their own opinions/fantasies about how they think things should be.  

Even take me for example; sure, under first initial viewing, the whole Makoto/Ifurita thing was beautiful and probably would bring tears to anyone's eyes.  Initially.

But you watch it a few times.  You learn to "feel" for all the characters in the show.  And then you start looking at the passionate yet somehow tragic figures who pour their hearts into an unreceiver (Makoto).  I think a lot of us want to see all of them get a chance to at least feel love.  Maybe it'll turn out they aren't really in to Makoto the way they thought and that'll be the end of it.  Who knows?  To be honest, I'd like to see Nanami get somebody -- I think a lover could twist off some of that strict money-maker silliness.  I dunno.  This is way off topic... let's not continue this discussion here any further.  If you wish to argue it to death, continue in "Who gets Makoto?"  But I'd advise you just learn to promote your own feelings but not try to subdue others'.  :P

Okay.  It's a preview for the OAV.  I was just thrown off by the "CD-ROM" thing.  We're fine.  :P

Makoto Mizuhara
Dimension Traveler

Mak-Daddy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2003, 10:47:33 pm »

That "CD-ROM" thing there is only a part of the advertisement but the whole image itself is from a preview of the OAV.. It's in a comic form...  

Actually, I did find some info on the CD-Rom release of the First OVA.  Unfortunately, the page is in Japanese, but it does show the cover and the interface.

http://www.clubhobi.jp/products/kus/kus_ee/

The only reason I point it out is that it doesn't seem so far-fetched that the comic-ad in question was advertising this particular release.

Try this link  
http://www.geocities.com/knights_of_queen_aya/ehem.htm  

[Rob edit: corrected URL]

ITS IS NOT AN ARTBOOK, ok?

Um...  -_-  

Actually, yes it is. It's page 44 of the "Etranger" Artbook, and the other image(From a previous post) is page 45.  I'm pretty sure Rob has it here.

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2003, 10:52:07 pm »

Um...  -_-  

Actually, yes it is. It's page 44 of the "Etranger" Artbook, and the other image(From a previous post) is page 45.  I'm pretty sure Rob has it here.

Ha.  Good point there "Mak Daddy".  :P

Page 44
Page 45

And that CD per your link seems at least mildly interesting.  Maybe I'll look into it more some time.

Makoto Mizuhara
Dimension Traveler

Mak-Daddy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2003, 11:19:43 pm »

Ha.  Good point there "Mak Daddy".  

Page 44
Page 45

And that CD per your link seems at least mildly interesting.  Maybe I'll look into it more some time.

Um... right back at ya "Robby-kins"  ^^;

As for the CD-Rom itself, I'm not gonna say that the Ad-comic in question is an Ad for that particular CD,  but it seems pretty feasible, or at least it may be an ad for some form of El-Hazard on CD-Rom.

Considering that the release date on the Ad in question is March of '97, it seems unlikely that it's a "Preview" of the series (it came out in '95 as we both know).  It could be a preview of OVA 2 (Which did come out in '97) but it seems odd to not see the number "2" anywhere in the Ad or anything from OVA 2 in general.  :|

It just looks to me, in my opinion, like an ad hyping up the re-release of El-Hazard on a new format.

Of course, this is all speculation seeing as I don't read Japanese.  

Probably the best way to clear up any confusion would to write AIC and ask 2 questions:

"Did you ever Release El-Hazard on Japanese CD-Rom?"
"If so did you advertise it?"

Hey... wait a sec...  :-*  Why doesn't someone do just that?

DNAngel Daisuke
Bugrom Forces

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2003, 04:48:45 am »

So then, I guess we no longer have a problem here...  ;)

Do you think of me?
Do you dream of me?

Do you think of me?
Do you dream of me?

All that lies in me,
All that dies in me.
Aya Mikage
Demon God(ess)

Does she look like Ifurita? She's a mage...

ICQ Messenger - 245860247 AOL Instant Messenger - ifurita214 Yahoo Instant Messenger - tenyo_aya_mikage
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2003, 05:49:56 am »

^^; Fine, fine, fine! Let's go back to the topic, ok?  ^^;

Ya know, if they make an OAV3 (technically ALTERNATIVE WORLD is not a continuation of OAV, just an alternate future to the OAV on TV, so to speak) I wonder if Makoto will still love Ifurita. Even if he gets her back maybe something will happen to change his mind about her. Possibly he will 'REALIZE' he doesn't really love her but just feels compassion for her, or maybe more of her emotions will emerge and she will give him up because she doesn't feel as though she deserves him. If something does cause him to give her up, can you all imagine the chaos of fans wondering the big question that will remain........So then, Shayla or Nanami? Personally I'd love to see him with Shayla, but the more enjoyable part will be seeing Shayla and Nanami rip each other to ribbons to 'obtain' him. This is all speculation of course. I mean, come on, look how long we have all had to wait for Tenchi Muyo OAV 3 to get made? It just started getting in the process about...what...a year ago? If they haven't started on El-Hazard Magnificent World OAV 3 yet....then when and if they do, think 'bout how long it'll take? I can wait, but I hope not TOO long. Of course, I'll still buy it if I'm 70 years old. ::)

If Makoto+Ifurita won't work because Ifurita is a very advanced lifeform on El Hazard (android), i love to see Nanami and Makoto instead. If the people of the world will still be stubborn of the Ifurita+Makoto pairing, well... ;D I'll have no choice! Ifurita+Makoto, they really look so good together...

People, do you ever remember during Ifurita fell to the center of the Kami no Meia? Makoto and Ifurita exchanged some memories, right? Did you ever saw that memory Makoto shared to Ifurita? That they walked down on Shinonome together and Fugisawa caught them dating?

GOSH!

Watashiwa no Opinion only... No offfense

"In the future, you will fall under the control of the star of darkness."

"I see blood, anger, and sadness -- the destruction of the equilibrium of everything in this world."

"On the day when the 16th star an
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2003, 07:34:51 am »

Makoto was lending her memories.  I.E. I suspect he was placing her in situations he had already been in with another friend, possibly Nanami in many cases.  :P

MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2003, 07:54:38 pm »

Actually, I did find some info on the CD-Rom release of the First OVA.  Unfortunately, the page is in Japanese, but it does show the cover and the interface.

http://www.clubhobi.jp/products/kus/kus_ee/

The title at the top of that page is

OVA "El-Hazard" bijutsu CD-ROM shuu
El-Hazard OVA art CD-ROM collection.

I only skimmed this topic-- if a further translation of that page would be helpful, let me know.
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2003, 07:54:57 pm »

People, do you ever remember during Ifurita fell to the center of the Kami no Meia?

*giggles* Okay, it's "Kami no Me", but I thought that was so cute because-- correct me if I'm wrong-- it sounds like you could have derived that from Makoto saying "Kami no me ya!" as per his adorable Osaka dialect. ^__^

Makoto's accent is the cutest thing ever. <3

[/OT]

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines