Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:11:21 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  the magnificent love-triangle world
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: the magnificent love-triangle world  (Read 9806 times)
dronealien
Londs' Screen Time

"Dark Hero"

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2003, 12:14:19 am »

Ya know, if they make an OAV3 (technically ALTERNATIVE WORLD is not a continuation of OAV, just an alternate future to the OAV on TV, so to speak) I wonder if Makoto will still love Ifurita. Even if he gets her back maybe something will happen to change his mind about her. Possibly he will 'REALIZE' he doesn't really love her but just feels compassion for her, or maybe more of her emotions will emerge and she will give him up because she doesn't feel as though she deserves him. If something does cause him to give her up, can you all imagine the chaos of fans wondering the big question that will remain........So then, Shayla or Nanami? Personally I'd love to see him with Shayla, but the more enjoyable part will be seeing Shayla and Nanami rip each other to ribbons to 'obtain' him. This is all speculation of course. I mean, come on, look how long we have all had to wait for Tenchi Muyo OAV 3 to get made? It just started getting in the process about...what...a year ago? If they haven't started on El-Hazard Magnificent World OAV 3 yet....then when and if they do, think 'bout how long it'll take? I can wait, but I hope not TOO long. Of course, I'll still buy it if I'm 70 years old. ::)
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2003, 12:49:15 am »

Ya know, if they make an OAV3 (technically ALTERNATIVE WORLD is not a continuation of OAV, just an alternate future to the OAV on TV, so to speak)

Well, technically, OAV2 is not an "official" continuation either, since the guy who directed the first one didn't lend his talents to the follow-ups. Alt. World is just as official as that is.

Of course, there are a lot of El-Hazard fans who WISH both OAV2 and Alt. World never happened. ;D

I wonder if Makoto will still love Ifurita. Even if he gets her back maybe something will happen to change his mind about her. Possibly he will 'REALIZE' he doesn't really love her but just feels compassion for her, or maybe more of her emotions will emerge and she will give him up because she doesn't feel as though she deserves him. If something does cause him to give her up, can you all imagine the chaos of fans wondering the big question that will remain........

Actually, this topic came up fairly recently in the "Who Gets Makoto?" thread, on about page four. It's possible that Makoto and Ifurita were never in love in the first place (as much as I like to think that they are).

So then, Shayla or Nanami? Personally I'd love to see him with Shayla, but the more enjoyable part will be seeing Shayla and Nanami rip each other to ribbons to 'obtain' him.

^^;

Well, personally, I'd say that Nanami has a big lead on Shayla, considering that Makoto seemed to be to excited about the love letter at the beginning of OAV1.

Though if Shayla and Nanami really DO keep going at it tooth-and-nail, he'll probably get disgusted with both of them and marry Afura. :P

This is all speculation of course. I mean, come on, look how long we have all had to wait for Tenchi Muyo OAV 3 to get made? It just started getting in the process about...what...a year ago? If they haven't started on El-Hazard Magnificent World OAV 3 yet....then when and if they do, think 'bout how long it'll take? I can wait, but I hope not TOO long. Of course, I'll still buy it if I'm 70 years old. ::)

I'd say that the possibility of a third El-Hazard OAV might well be boosted if the third Tenchi OAV does well. But I'm really not going to hold my breath. ;)

The 1337 poster
theravenisdead
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2003, 11:08:51 am »

I like both OAVs. Alternative world, well... As a side story, sure. But Im not a huge fan of it as a continuity.

As for a third OAV, Here's hoping eh? If the third Tenchi OAV does well, they may decide to continue El Hazard as well. If they do, the story better be top notch :D

Makoto n Shayla could work, but I aint rooting for it. If not Ifurita, then he should be with Nanami. Besides, Shayla's mine  ^^; -_- j/k
« Last Edit: September 21, 2003, 11:09:55 am by theravenisdead » Logged
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2003, 04:44:49 pm »

(technically ALTERNATIVE WORLD is not a continuation of OAV, just an alternate future to the OAV on TV, so to speak)

Heh.  Actually, plotwise, I think AW is supposed to come after OAV2, if that's what you're getting at.  Timeline-wise even all the characters are officially aged +1 year as the AW Memories book has them noted.

But yeah, you'll want to see the "Who gets Makoto?" thread since that already went over just about everything romance-ily related to the guy.  (Did it cover Xel's Special?)

And again as Raven noted anything after the original OAV (Wanderers, OAV2, AW, the manga) are all NOT produced under the direction of the original creator/director Hiroki Hayashi.  Hayashi pretty much put it down as "I did it, it's done.  At the end of the OAV it was over for me."

I guess that's good and bad.  That probably best fits the phrase "Quit while you're ahead."  Personally, though, I think if I made something so popular it demanded sequels I'd jump right up and say "Well, all right, let's take this up a notch, baby!"  I think Hayashi's decision to not do anything and let it fall into other hands makes it obvious why the following "sequels" seem more like animated fan fiction.  

Note that the Back to the Future crew, while not originally planning to have to make sequels, immediately got themselves geared up after realizing they had produced something that was incredibly successful.  And they called up all the original actors and everything to produce an appropriate sequel (some of them even asked to make sure that Gale and Zemeckis were still heading it.)  Now THAT's personally what I would've wished Hayashi would've done.  If for nothing else to make sure things advance more in the original style from which they were created! ... But, what happened, happened.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
dronealien
Londs' Screen Time

"Dark Hero"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2003, 05:26:01 pm »

Well, I still say OAV 2 is pretty good. Not as good as the first, but still, good. ALT. WORLD just plain sucks, lets face it....it may have had mildly good stuff and a darker atmosphere as a mood change but it still deserves no less than an ALTERNATIVE to life. :|

Hmmm......what if Makoto became a vampire?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2003, 05:27:14 pm by dronealien » Logged
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2003, 05:56:28 pm »

Then I think you'd better start a new topic or something... although that is very random if I may say so...

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2003, 10:20:41 pm »

Well, since Ifurita is virtually immortal, it may not be such a bad thing to happen?

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2003, 12:31:17 am »

(technically ALTERNATIVE WORLD is not a continuation of OAV, just an alternate future to the OAV on TV, so to speak)

If you look at the bottom of this page, there are extra credits after the Alternative World.  My theory / opinion / feeling is, Alt World is less canonical than OVA2, or even the Wanderers, because AIC apparently farmed at least some of it out.

If they haven't started on El-Hazard Magnificent World OAV 3 yet....then when and if they do, think 'bout how long it'll take?

Nope.  It ain't gonna happen.  El-Hazard is done.  Of course, I would love to be proven wrong.

And I may be shot for saying this, but an El-Hazard continuation is actually second on my wish-list.  The world needs a proper Oh My Goddess! TV series first.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2003, 01:04:56 am by mrwhat » Logged
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2003, 08:19:10 am »

If you look at the bottom of this page, there are extra credits after the Alternative World.  My theory / opinion / feeling is, Alt World is less canonical than OVA2, or even the Wanderers, because AIC apparently farmed at least some of it out.

Heh.  That page has been "Coming Soon" for about a year at least.

Anyway.  The extra credits may or may not have to do with the plot lines.  Although that might explain something.  It could also be they were just resource teams and had nothing to do with the preproduction.  But actually, either way, it WOULD explain the odd art styles if they did the animation or the not-so-El-Hazard-ish plot if they worked on that.

And I may be shot for saying this, but an El-Hazard continuation is actually second on my wish-list.  The world needs a proper Oh My Goddess! TV series first.

It's okay.  Personally I'm afraid what will happen if they try going any farther.  :P
« Last Edit: September 22, 2003, 08:21:55 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

DNAngel Daisuke
Bugrom Forces

.: Health is Wealth :. I thank you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2003, 08:53:49 am »

eheem...

The end of Magnificent World or the first OAV simply answers our questions...

After Makoto discovered the secrets of the Eye of God and returns to Shinonome high and meets Ifurita, the other personalities came over too..

Therefore, its is not only Makoto who returned to the EARTH but also the priestesses, royal ones, nanami, jinnai, fugisawa and even DIVA!!

My point is we already saw the ending of the OAV.

Yuba and his Ifurita on the OAV 2 is like Makoto and his Ifurita.. Makoto will age; Ifurita doesn't...

Ifurita will be on his side till he dies...

Ifuritas always end up alone....

GETS?? ;D

P.S. : I dont like Qwawool being paired with Makoto. She should be with Emperor Dal.

Do you think of me?
Do you dream of me?
I always dream about you.

Do you think of me?
Do you dream of me?

All that lies in me,
All that dies in me.
How can I live without you?
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2003, 09:09:17 am »

A lot of the "top names" have stated they believe that the watercolors at the end of the OAV are merely "fanart" type things, not really to be taken as canon.  I mean, it'd be totally irresponsible for the high priestesses to leave their posts in El-Hazard on a whim.  Alielle certainly wouldn't be there without Fatora, which almost guarentees the only she could be there is if Fatora came along, which would steal a princess away from the royal palace.  Again, something that couldn't be done lightly.

Anyway, I THINK what is supposed to be hinted about the Earth crew who arrived to El-Hazard is that they "belong" there.  Their lives on Earth were full of nothing but disaster... but when they come to El-Hazard, they're full potential is realized and they are heroes.  So, in the end, the manga, which is unofficial too, of course, but bear with me, the author had Makoto come for Ifurita ... and then take her home -- to "their" home -- El-Hazard.  To be honest, I'm not sure WHAT the watercolors were all about.  But I really doubt they are actually saying that EVERYONE goes back to Earth.

Also, even though almost every girl who is an Ifurita fan will strongly protest any threat of Makoto+Ifurita... well, read "Who Gets Makoto?" for everything on that one.  :P  Basically, I think it's still up in the air (and indefinite no matter what) whether Makoto is actually "in love" with Ifurita or just deeply worries and cares for her out of sympathy.  The OAV actually never addressed this in either direction so we're free to debate it forever.  ;)  It also gives us a chance to pair Makoto with whoever we think he should be paired with... all in good fun, of course.  (Hi, Xel.)

Also, what is this from?

DNAngel Daisuke
Bugrom Forces

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2003, 09:58:10 am »

*thinks a lot*

Why wont we contact Hidetomo Tsubura and ask him what is the real conclusion bout this? ;D

hehheee.

That pic is one of my el hazard Japanese Color scan collection.... Its not a fanart. Want to see the full size version?

See it here --> http://www.geocities.com/knights_of_queen_aya/coav.jpg
« Last Edit: September 22, 2003, 10:10:31 am by iria-sama » Logged

Do you think of me?
Do you dream of me?

Do you think of me?
Do you dream of me?

All that lies in me,
All that dies in me.
How can I live without you?
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2003, 02:39:51 pm »

I don't believe I've heard of this one.  I see "CD-ROM" written there... what is it, a picture CD collection or something?

DNAngel Daisuke
Bugrom Forces

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2003, 09:48:27 pm »

Its a preview of the OAV....
And thats the whole ending...

Check this out

http://www.geocities.com/knights_of_queen_aya/84.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/knights_of_queen_aya/85.jpg

Do you think of me?