Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:03:06 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Test: Are You A Hottie or Notty?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Print
Author Topic: Test: Are You A Hottie or Notty?  (Read 20424 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2003, 09:33:15 am »

BTW Bob... that's a freaky picture of Fatora O_O;

Just my admiration of newly found fanart.  :P  Technically it's a fully length standing position.

Mostly I like to use them once in a while for shock value.  Moogle Cavern is just so funny that way.  Example clipping from a thread:

HEDGESMFG: Har har...I laugh at you all with my 1.5/380 DSL connections...Awhahahahahahaha...Well, OK, not really...but still.   Seriously, this is the little miracle that hasn't stopped giving.

Diabloid: like JinnaiGuy's ava-*shot*
« Last Edit: October 15, 2003, 09:41:33 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2003, 12:51:19 pm »

Robert DeNiro??!!

Why?  ^_^V

*please dont mind me*

I missed this one.  Heh, well, at least three Yugoslavia immigrants where I work.  (There might be more, a few guys are "origin indeterminate")  The name "Robert" is a hoot for them since there's at least two Roberts they all seem to know... Robert DeNiro and Roberto ... "Bodgy" or something, supposed to be a great soccer player.  Well, they call me the former a lot more than the latter, but I've gotten either.  It's just kinda funny I get called as "DeNiro" at work more often than by my real name.  ;)  So I sort of accept it as a respectful pet name.

EDIT: Today I learned that the 30-ish Yugoslavian Ismail's son, who he's brought in after closing a few times, actually thinks that I am Robert DeNiro. :)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2003, 07:18:00 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2003, 01:17:11 pm »

THANKS! Yes.. Im gonna win!!

Well...I'd say you're in with a pretty good chance. But it's still pretty close competition.  ;D

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Aya Mikage
Demon God(ess)

Does she look like Ifurita? She's a mage...

ICQ Messenger - 245860247 AOL Instant Messenger - ifurita214 Yahoo Instant Messenger - tenyo_aya_mikage
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2003, 04:59:23 am »

can we have polls here, ROB DeNiro?

"In the future, you will fall under the control of the star of darkness."

"I see blood, anger, and sadness -- the destruction of the equilibrium of everything in this world."

"On the day when the 16th star an
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2003, 07:59:46 am »

YaBB doesn't have a built-in poll system, but you're free to start one and just keep track of it manually.

Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2003, 03:48:14 pm »

Mostly I like to use them once in a while for shock value.

'Fraid it doesn't QUITE have the same impact as Kiddo's "Do Me" Miz avatar... =,]

But I LOVE the caption. ;D

The 1337 poster
executor82
« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2003, 07:21:38 pm »

'Fraid it doesn't QUITE have the same impact as Kiddo's "Do Me" Miz avatar... =,]

If you already LOVE this caption, you should DIE for THIS one!

<------------ (if you can't see it, modify your profile  ;) )

Ok, it is a NON-El Hazard pic, but in my oppinion it is darn sexy!  ;D

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2003, 09:03:15 pm »

Well, I meant more for Moogle Cavern than here; Kiddo really had the master avatar.  But thank you for the caption respect, I like it too.  ;D

But -- I see Executor for the first time since Kiddo has finally applied my wonderful adult avatar hack.   ^_^V
« Last Edit: October 16, 2003, 09:47:08 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2003, 11:10:08 pm »

But -- I see Executor for the first time since Kiddo has finally applied my wonderful adult avatar hack.   ^_^V

You know I would have, Rob... it's just that no one seems to want to draw the things that I want to see... >D

Oh, Katsuoooo... |D

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Aya Mikage
Demon God(ess)

Does she look like Ifurita? She's a mage...

ICQ Messenger - 245860247 AOL Instant Messenger - ifurita214 Yahoo Instant Messenger - tenyo_aya_mikage
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2003, 12:38:34 am »

Is this for real guys?!!

I mean.. If you guys really want to know who's the hottest guy/gal on the community i'll set-up a poll..

Not just by counting them manually. It maybe unfair to some candidates..

uhm... Tsuzuki wants me to post my pic... Who cares bout my pic anyway?? :|

Rob! Post your pic!

"In the future, you will fall under the control of the star of darkness."

"I see blood, anger, and sadness -- the destruction of the equilibrium of everything in this world."

"On the day when the 16th star an
Tsuzuki Asato
Bugrom Forces

&quot; Ragnarok Hunter Level 67 &quot;

View Profile Email
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2003, 02:41:11 am »

I WILL NEVER POST MY PIC HERE UNLESS SOMEBODY'S GONNA DO IT FOR ME, CLEAR?!!    

Ask Tsuzuki for my pic, will ya?

WHO WANTS TO SEE aYA'S PIC?

I tried to lose myself today
And hope this pain will go away
A thousand days I tried to waste
I feel the same but you're still okay

Don't take away your eyes
Coz I know you're beside me but I just can't
El The Istari
Demon God(ess)

I am the pic theif. You are next. Yes, you.

View Profile Email
« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2003, 06:33:43 am »

I would just like to go off on a rant here, please insert earplugs now.

I mean.. If you guys really want to know who's the hottest guy/gal on the community i'll set-up a poll..

I don't get it. Why is appearance so valued in socity today? I mean, what is it? What is the defination of "beautiful"? Bleach blonde hair, ribs sticking out and tits like basketballs? Why are those considered beautiful? And in the end, what is beauty? Is it being so thin you can't bend over without the danger of snapping? Why can't people learn to look past the appearance. My apparance has put me through a lot of pain - will being "pretty" solve that? No. People are just too damned prejudgised. It not freakin' fair. The world seems to focus on what you look like. Why are models idolised? Most have done nothing but look pleasing to the eye. People are no longer appreciated for what they actually do, and are instead loved for their looks - too much of which is false. And people who are against cloning and "playing God", isn't plastic surgery to change your appearance "playing God"? I understand somepeople have had diseases, or have been in accidents who have corrective surgery - but people should learn to see past "defects". I admit, it is an inborn thing - we are mostly raised with the impulse to judge people on what they look like, but surely, humans have come such a long way, can't they fix their personality? Without much effort, you can actually be nice to people, imagine that.

WHO WANTS TO SEE aYA'S PIC?

And you! Stop rounding on Aya to show her picture. Have you ever thought she might not want you to see? Maybe she has low self esteem, and you are doing nothing to relieve the pressure of that! Maybe she feels ugly, or like people will stop liking her for what she looks like. It takes a lot of self believe, or even none at all, to post your picture to people who have come to know you for not what you look like, but who you are! Stop trying to make her give you an open window into her life! Can't you just like her for who she is? Or is appearance everything for you?

Okay, I'm done...

Of course I'm out of my mind, it's dark and scary in there!
Forget the dogs of war. The wolves of war are what you should be worrying about.
Excuse me, I seem to have found a Heero in my shoe.
FOR SALE: 1 set of morals, never used
executor82
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2003, 08:10:42 am »

*flicks his earplug with the finger several times* That darn thing seems to be brocken!  >:(

Erm......anyway! You have spoken well El and I agree you in that! *applauds*

Todays society is totaly messed up and blinded by false idols. All that counts is appearence, money and potency! NOT character! Imagine you are loved and adored because you are a beauty and suddenly something happens that may change your appearence for the rest of your life! Will that person still be loved by the people for who he/she is? It is much easier to change/ruin someones appearence than his CHARACTER!

And that are the values we should look at! CHARACTER!  XO
« Last Edit: October 17, 2003, 08:14:02 am by executor82 » Logged
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2003, 08:28:20 am »

I would just like to go off on a rant here, please insert earplugs now.

I don't get it. Why is appearance so valued in socity today? I mean, what is it? What is the defination of "beautiful"? Bleach blonde hair, ribs sticking out and tits like basketballs? Why are those considered beautiful? And in the end, what is beauty? Is it being so thin you can't bend over without the danger of snapping? Why can't people learn to look past the appearance. My apparance has put me through a lot of pain - will being "pretty" solve that? No. People are just too damned prejudgised. It not freakin' fair. The world seems to focus on what you look like.

I think that I can safely say that this topic has never been intended as a serious thing. (Who would use the word "hottie" in a serious context? ;D) But since you bring up some serious points, I'll try to address them in a serious manner.

What is considered "beautiful" veries from culture to culture, and changes greatly over time (and will continue to change). If you look at many depictions of women from the European Renaissance, you'll notice that they tend to be quite... er... well-rounded. By modern, Western standards of beauty, they would be considered fairly chubby. Perhaps not ugly, but not pinnacles of beauty, either. In some African cultures, having a long, slender neck is considered beautiful (hence you have women wearing those neck rings to support and lengthen their necks). In Japan, classical beauties had very pale skin (historically, many Japanese noblewomen would actually powder their skin), while it's considered sexy for the modern ko-gal to look deeply tanned.

Right now, stick-thin women with huge breasts is in vogue. It's just the way that it is. And, it will likely change, eventually.

But that doesn't completely address your question. WHY must people (especially women, it seems) conform to these bodily distortions and contortions? Well, at it's most basic and "animal" core, many species of animal have one gender that finds mates by looking "beautiful" for the other. It probably has something to do with that. Traditionally, for humans, beauty has been the standard men look for in selecting mates, and strength and ability to provide and protect has been what women look for in men.

Additionally, personal appearance has a certain importance because it's THE first thing you learn about a person, most of the time. The first thing that you do when you meet a person is SEE them. From that, you develop certain impressions. These are impressions that may change in time, but they're still there at first, and there's really nothing you can do about it.

Yes, it's sexist. Yes, it's not fair. It's just the way that it is, and the way that it has been for just about all of recorded history. Tradition like that is hard to change.

But that does not mean that you should give up hope. There are a LOT of people out there who are more than able to set aside such trivialities as personal appearance. They may be attracted to beautiful people (and, frankly, I doubt there's anyone alive who doesn't have some kind of physical ideal that they'd like their mate to possess), but would never consider anything serious with them if they didn't possess other good traits as well, such as intelligence, strong will, a kind personality, and so on and so forth.

If someone passes you up, El, because you don't look like a supermodel, that's THEIR loss, and you're more than better off without them. Just wait. Someone will come along who's willing to look deeper.

Why are models idolised? Most have done nothing but look pleasing to the eye. People are no longer appreciated for what they actually do, and are instead loved for their looks - too much of which is false.

Personally, I've never idolized anyone famous, no matter WHY they're famous. The only one I've ever looked up to is me. Well, and my parents, just 'cause they're so awesome. ;D

And people who are against cloning and "playing God", isn't plastic surgery to change your appearance "playing God"?

By that logic, combing your hair in the morning is "playing God". -_- "If people were meant to have neat hair, they would have been born with a comb sticking out of their wrist!" Or how about taking asprin to get rid of a headache? "God put that pain there for a REASON! How dare you defy Him?" The use of technology to increase personal comfort should not be taken as "playing God". At least, not unless you're willing to return to a VERY primitive sort of lifestyle. And, for some people, using plastic surgery to more closely conform to modern standards of beauty increases their personal comfort. More power to them, I say. But it's not for me. And it's not something that I would look for in a mate.

(And on a side note, I disagree with pretty much any argument that is founded on the idea of forbidding something because it's "playing God". This is partly because I'm not personally convinced that there IS such a being, but mostly because I believe that ANY technology has both the potential for misuse and the potential for great gain. As such, safety measures should be taken, and moral stands need to be made, but technological research should not be halted simply because it has potentially dangerous consequences.)

I understand somepeople have had diseases, or have been in accidents who have corrective surgery - but people should learn to see past "defects". I admit, it is an inborn thing - we are mostly raised with the impulse to judge people on what they look like, but surely, humans have come such a long way, can't they fix their personality? Without much effort, you can actually be nice to people, imagine that.

And, while I don't know your own personal experiences, there ARE people who are actually nice to each other. I've met them. I AM one, even if I'm a fairly reserved individual. If you've never met one, then I feel sorry for you - but I'd advise you to think about it before saying so. Can you honestly say that you've never met someone who's nice to you in spite of how you look? What about Lar, or your other friends (there were quite a few people in some of the pictures youguys have posted). People who look more than skin deep are more common than you might think. Don't become cynical and world-weary because of the jerks in your life, even if there seem to be an awful lot of them.

And you! Stop rounding on Aya to show her picture. Have you ever thought she might not want you to see? Maybe she has low self esteem, and you are doing nothing to relieve the pressure of that! Maybe she feels ugly, or like people will stop liking her for what she looks like. It takes a lot of self believe, or even none at all, to post your picture to people who have come to know you for not what you look like, but who you are! Stop trying to make her give you an open window into her life! Can't you just like her for who she is? Or is appearance everything for you?

Please, El. Even if Aya was the ugliest dog on the planet, do you honestly think that would make the slightest lick of difference to anyone here? Do you think we'd suddenly shun her if she turned out to look bad? Everything in this thread is just friendly ribbing. The whole thing is, more or less, just a joke. The "hounding" is just teasing. No one is going to be seriously offended if Aya never posts a pic. Heck, even for the people who've posted pictures, there's no certain way to know whether or not the pictures are actually them.

Okay, I'm done...

And so am I! ^_^V

The 1337 poster
theravenisdead
« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2003, 08:32:53 am »

I have a large hairy mole on my right elbow. Its purty  ::)

Seriously though, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What one drools over, another hurls over. Its a fact of life. So dun fret about people hating yer looks, there are always those who adore you for who you are, inside AND out.

Eye of the Beholder = 4 words to live by.  ^_^V

*reads and faints at Spanner's loooooong post*
« Last Edit: October 17, 2003, 08:34:35 am by theravenisdead » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines