Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:00:39 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Who gets Jinnai?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Who gets Jinnai?  (Read 12145 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2003, 06:35:58 pm »

Have you talked to Xel lately? :p

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
theravenisdead
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2003, 12:55:10 am »

You broke my GAH!-o-meter  ^^;
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2003, 07:15:19 pm »

Then there's... uh...

... ... ...

... ... ...

... ... ...

Grrrrrrrr... WELL?! What the hell are you guys waiting for? DISCUSS, DAMN IT!

...........  >:(

Given the paucity of women in El-Hazard worthy of our Lord God Master Conqueror's consideration... and given my two favorite animes... allow me to suggest a cross-over romance.

How's your ping-pong game, Jinnai?

Just think-- Jinnai and Mara could help each other with their cunning plans of pure evil genius.  And after the plans inevitably fail, they could, um, help each other, uh, lick their wounds, and stuff.

And I thought to myself, "I might want to check out the subtitles just to make sure no one tries to be a smart-ass referencing the original audio."

Well... it sounds like he says "yoku yatta no" in the Japanese track.  "You did well" is a pretty close translation of that.  Literally, something like "a thing that was done well."

I say "JUMP" and she says, "How high?"

Ifurita: How high!

I say "RUN!" and she says, "How far?"

Ifurita: How far!

I say, "KILL!" and she says, "How many?"

Ifurita: zzzzzzzzz...

No wonder poor li'l TV-Ifurita falls asleep so often.  She must be exhausted from all that pointless jumping and running.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2003, 10:22:03 pm »

Inevitably, it all comes down to a rivalry between TV Iffy and Diva. Diva harbors a desire to produce more offspring for the Bugrom race. A purpose to which Jinnai is both suited (apparently, as far as Diva is concerned) and obligated as an important miliary figure in the Bugrom conquest of El Hazard.

But TV Iffy is the only person who will follow Jinnai to hell and back. She's obviously the only person who could ever actually love Jinnai the way he is. Although, how far will it go? Ifurita has the emotional maturity of a 9 year old girl, and Jinnai is too busy playing war to be interested in girls. But what happens on the day when they both "discover" each other? ^^;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2003, 10:45:00 pm »

You're assuming it's even possible, Saucer.  :P
All hentai events aside, I kind of like leaving them as father/daughter.  It's such an interesting dynamic.  Of course, if you're into incest, you get the best of both worlds, don'cha?  No, I didn't say anything.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2003, 08:22:51 am »

You're assuming it's even possible, Saucer.  :P
All hentai events aside, I kind of like leaving them as father/daughter.  It's such an interesting dynamic.  Of course, if you're into incest, you get the best of both worlds, don'cha?  No, I didn't say anything.

Sounds like pretty much the ultimate Jinnai H-Doujin. Three parts, starting off with a little father-daughter bonding with Jinnai and TV Iffy, followed by some sibling lovin' with Jinnai and Nanami, and topped off with a bit of Jinnai/Makoto action for the laydies.

How come Jinnai gets all the WEIRD pairings in Doujin? -_- Even if you just stick with good ol' Jinnai/Diva, it doesn't change the fact that she's still a giant bug. (Albeit a damn fine lookin' giant bug...)

The 1337 poster
rowan_a._seven
Demon God(ess)

Demon Gods - as dangerous as they are cute.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2003, 03:25:36 pm »

No offense, but I think you're letting logic and realism get in the way of considering several other possible Jinnai match-ups.   ;D  Now, lacking any seriousness whatsoever, let me reveal some other possiblities.

For example, there's the black-haired lady with the red eyes who may or may not be Myuun from a radio drama hovering over TV Ifurita present in this picture here.
http://www.el-hazardonline.net/cgi-bin/register/eholmemberfile.cgi?getfile=anthology/page002.jpg;type=jpeg

Doesn't she just scream "evil love slave" to you?  Plus she's standing with the two Ifuritas, both of whom either are or used to be under Jinnai's control which might just imply something.

Then there's Kalia.  Sure, she's a homicidal maniac stuck in the body of a pre-teen and dead now anyway, but she and Jinnai had _such_ great chemistry together.  She even had a cute petname for him (LGJ)!  Jinnai also probably still has her staff lying around somewhere, and if one stretches plausibility to just about the breaking point it's possible that Kalia's key staff doubles as a nanite self-repair unit that will, if placed back in Kalia's tomb, rebuild her and give her and Jinnai a chance to make up their differences!

Don't rule out the possibility of Jinnai and Ifurita2 either.  Picture this:  Jinnai repeatedly returns to the Hidden Home of the Trigger of Destruction to scavenge for spare parts, Ifurita2 continues to stop him, but Jinnai slowly but surely sweet-talks his way into her heart and wins her over.

Then there are the priestesses.  Sure, Miz is already taken, Afura doesn't seem interested in romance at all, and Shayla and Jinnai are only likely to hook up if they faced imminent death and were seriously drunk (Yes, I've read Fault.), but that still leaves Qawool!  Think about it!  Jinnai could help her get over her bug phobia, and in return she'd be so grateful that she falls in love with him and joins the Bugrom Empire!  

Even if that doesn't work, there is one more priestess to consider - Ishiel Soel.  True, she only appears in the game, and the only evidence I've found in the OAV series that just maybe implies that there is or once was a fourth priestess would be the fact that there are four symbols and room for one more priestess in the Eye of God unsealing ritual, but let's not let canon get in the way of a potentially great relationship.  Betrayed by Galus and distrusted by the Human Alliance, who else does she have to turn to but Jinnai and the Bugrom Empire?  

Finally, since Jinnai seems to get along with Diva so well, why not OAV Rune?  Diva and Rune are both powerful monarchs whose positions appear to isolate them, and with Jinnai's tactical genius would it really be impossible for him to win Rune Venus over?

« Last Edit: September 15, 2003, 03:29:48 pm by rowan_a._seven » Logged
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2003, 05:00:21 pm »

Myuun?

...I don't think so.  She rejected his body because it "wouldn't serve her the purpose".

(Fun fact: Myuun's VA is the same as Ishiel's)

Actually, it would be hilarious if Jinnai can get OAV Rune, though I think he would be annoyed about her constant depression.

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2003, 10:15:13 pm »

Myuun?

...I don't think so.  She rejected his body because it "wouldn't serve her the purpose".

(Fun fact: Myuun's VA is the same as Ishiel's)

Actually, it would be hilarious if Jinnai can get OAV Rune, though I think he would be annoyed about her constant depression.

Nanami: *Claps hands together* How cute! A marriage between the Bugrom and the royal house!

Jinnai: Dammit, Rune, do you think you could pull yourself away from that balcony long enough to get married?

OAV Rune: *Staring into the sky* Entropy... How it plagues our world... Is there nothing we can do to stop it from destroying us all?

Makoto: Um, sorry Princess, but I don't think there is...

Londs: Your highness, I advise you to make haste! Fujisawa-sensei has already broken past the first three battalions guarding the open bar, and I don't know how much longer we can hold out!

OAV Rune: *Deep sigh*

The 1337 poster
rowan_a._seven
Demon God(ess)

Demon Gods - as dangerous as they are cute.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2003, 03:51:30 pm »

Now now, don't be silly.  They'd have the wedding _on_ the balcony, obviously.   ;D  Heck, Jinnai could probably have a Bugrom workcrew carry the balcony around for the honeymoon even, and if that's not true love than what is?

Well, I supose you could say Ifurita and Makoto...

DNAngel Daisuke
Bugrom Forces

.: Health is Wealth :. I thank you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2003, 03:55:19 am »

I rather go for Ifurita and Makoto than anyone else...

Do you think of me?
Do you dream of me?
I always dream about you.

Do you think of me?
Do you dream of me?
I always dream about you.

All that lies in me,
All that dies in me.
How can I live without you?
Afura
Londs' Screen Time

~ Holy Priestess of Wind ~

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2004, 01:19:20 am »

DIVA!

Shayla/ Jinnai... hehehe that could be funny, for a while.

..."I´m surprised you´re not boring us with another one of your speeches, Shayla"...
JockoMegane
Londs' Screen Time

A former roadie.

ICQ Messenger - 70106202 AOL Instant Messenger - SonOfJocko Yahoo Instant Messenger - jocko_megane
View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2004, 12:46:18 am »

For my inaugural post here...I'd like to also vote for Diva.  

It's the hair, I think.   And hey, imagine their kids...bugrom, human, or some combination thereof.  Hell, they may even be able to fly.  ;)

"Put it on a plate son, you'll enjoy it more."

"Couldn't enjoy it anymore, Mom.  Mmm-mmm-mmm.  This is swell."

- "Repo Man" (1984).
jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2004, 12:17:49 am »

^^ Just re-iterating my point. I promise I'll make it short!
I'm still liking the idea of Iffy/Jinnai, only because the MOST affectionate I've ever seen Jinnai is around her. I like the father/daughter dynamic too, but taking it to the next level might be fun... But I guess it all depends on what kind of couples you like.

Then there are the priestesses.  Sure, Miz is already taken, Afura doesn't seem interested in romance at all, and Shayla and Jinnai are only likely to hook up if they faced imminent death and were seriously drunk (Yes, I've read Fault.), but that still leaves Qawool!  Think about it!  Jinnai could help her get over her bug phobia, and in return she'd be so grateful that she falls in love with him and joins the Bugrom Empire!  

I'm not trying to put you down in any way by saying this, but I think that's the worst pairing so far! Quawool says she likes "nice, kind" men, and has a phobia of bugs. It seems as though she is Jinnai's direct opposite. Then again, she may be naieve enough to believe Jinnai's views on "good and evil". But personally, I kind of dislike Quawool's character, and if one more man (or woman) gets an obsessive crush on her, I'll puke...
jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2004, 12:30:35 am »

Well... it sounds like he says "yoku yatta no" in the Japanese track.  "You did well" is a pretty close translation of that.  Literally, something like "a thing that was done well."

Just to clarify, I was just being a smart-ass about that "you did a good job" comment. El-Hazard actually does a pretty decent dub, sticking more-or-less to the original, cultural references excluded. In fact, I actually prefer the dub, the reason being Bob Marx. But I'm getting off topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines