Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:06:49 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Who gets Jinnai?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Who gets Jinnai?  (Read 12152 times)
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2003, 01:40:21 am »

Okay, now that we've discussed the whor... er, I mean, women who are the main contenders for the affections of that wimpy little doofus Makoto, let us talk about the numerous love interests of the great and wonderful Lord God Grand Chancellor Emperor of All Who Live, Katsuhiko Jinnai.

First off, there's Diva. A lot of people set Jinnai up with her for some reason. Then there's... uh...

... ... ...

... ... ...

... ... ...

Grrrrrrrr... WELL?! What the hell are you guys waiting for? DISCUSS, DAMN IT!

...........  >:(

I Care Deep
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2003, 08:06:20 am »

Clearly, the two shrine maidens of the Shrine of Fire in the Wanderers have the hots for Jinnai. I mean, how could they not, after seeing the sheer brilliance and ruthless ease by which he swindled fairly won the Shrine of Fire from their no-good drunken reprobate of an employer Shayla-Shayla?

Yeah, if Jinnai would lower himself to having any kind of interest in that kinda thing, they'd be all over him, doing all kinds of unspeakably naughty things to him and to each other solely for his gratification and pleasure. *Nods* Awww jjjjyeeaaahh... 8)

But really, is there ANY female in El-Hazard who could possibly resist Jinnai's infinite charisma and charm? Probably the only reason the guy doesn't have to beat them off with a stick is because most of them drown trying to cross the Great Holy River of God, drawn like lemmings to their deaths just for the barest hope of a peek at his magnificence. Damn, the guy needs to make himself more accessable!

Sure, Shayla beat the crap out of him in Alt. World. It's all just denial, though. You KNOW she wants him, too.

The 1337 poster
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2003, 08:15:01 am »

Ever since "Fault", I've loved the idea of a Jinnai/Shayla pair.  However this has more superficial reasons than good ones.  Somehow I see the rage-y Jinnai and the rage-y Shayla getting along.  And red and black (hair) seem to go together so nicely.  Now, of course, for this to really work, it'd require Shayla to have given up on her priesthood or something because I doubt it'd sit well that a high priestess was dating the most evil dictator of the world.  That would probably also seperate her from her friends and everything else... so a proper setup would kind of require her life as she knows it to be over first.   ^^;

But in all seriousness it's the only woman I really see working out with Jinnai.  A lot of people like Diva as the pairee, but I dunno... her interests are still very insectoid ("I'm the queen, and if I need something for the hive, I get it.")  It rarely seems like she really has an affectionate interest in Jinnai.  Only militaristic maybe.  Although Jinnai does seem to ward a certain amount of control over her eventually, but that's probably just due to his generally good track record right off the bat.

Actually it really is kind of like that.  Anyone that we know of who'd pair with Jinnai except Diva would kind of be screwing up their base life by joining with "the bad guy".  We need some more humans on Bugrom side.  :P  (Didn't someone suggest that once?  Human spies for the Bugrom hiding along the river's edge or something?  Was that the RPG book?)  That probably makes for some very interesting story material, but I digress.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2003, 08:31:31 am »

I can only second the motion for the Jinnai/Shayla pairing! After all, I think Jinnai's egotistical nature might not work well with Diva, after all they're both power-hungry evil dictators (one more so than the other) and I feel that thier relationship would only end in some very serious relationship counseling...

Meanwhile, anyone who's ever read "Fault" wil clearly recognize the potential that Jinnai and Shayla have for each other, even if it is a kind of "love-hate" relationship. The only thing that I can add to that is that they would both have to do some mutual growth in order to learn to tolerate each other's presence for too long. But I can't say it wouldn't be BUTTKICKINGLY COOL to have a story where Jinnai gives up his entire bugrom empire based on his feelings for a woman...  ;D
... Or maybe not, don't kill me Jinnai-sama!  ^^;

Also an idea I've had is Jinnai and Ifurita getting together. After all, he does seem to like bossing her around and has a sort of detached fondness for her (end of Wanderers, *_* Cutest scene EVER) So maybe with a little modification on Ifurita's part tey could make a couple... someday... ok, maybe not..  :P It;s just a suggestion anyways. All those EHOL-lings who wish to, please feel free to maim me now!  8)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2003, 08:44:34 am »

But I can't say it wouldn't be BUTTKICKINGLY COOL to have a story where Jinnai gives up his entire bugrom empire based on his feelings for a woman...  ;D

Heh.  I never thought of taking it that direction.  But I guess if you get rid of Jinnai, the Bugrom are as disorganized as they were before he got there.  That would kind of ruin the badguy element.  But it would be a potentially very touching story.

Also an idea I've had is Jinnai and Ifurita getting together. After all, he does seem to like bossing her around and has a sort of detached fondness for her (end of Wanderers, *_* Cutest scene EVER) So maybe with a little modification on Ifurita's part tey could make a couple... someday... ok, maybe not..  :P It;s just a suggestion anyways.

Personally I always saw the Ifurita/Jinnai dynamics of Wanderers more like Father-Daughter.  After all, end of Wanderers, what does he say when his face turns all non-insaney?  "You did a good job."

jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2003, 08:47:22 am »

Personally I always saw the Ifurita/Jinnai dynamics of Wanderers more like Father-Daughter.  After all, end of Wanderers, what does he say when his face turns all non-insaney?  "You did a good job."

Actually, I'm quite convinced that was the dubbers fault. I'm sure what he really said was "I'd like to suck your ****"

8)

*is beaten by the entire congregation of EHOLies
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2003, 08:59:35 am »

And I thought to myself, "I might want to check out the subtitles just to make sure no one tries to be a smart-ass referencing the original audio."

CLOSE ENOUGH.  :p

jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2003, 09:02:48 am »

^^; Well, yeah, but he could be inferring something... *laughs out loud at her own stupidity*
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2003, 09:10:38 am »

"You did a good job" could be more easily misconstrued. :P

Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2003, 11:36:00 am »

Ugh, I'm getting sick. You people are setting me up with Shayla?! That violent she-hag is sooo below my league that she'd be trampled underfoot every morning. That red-headed pyrofreak can't even hold a candle towards me! That butch harpy is like Bugrom feces compared to me! That annoying stinking... woman is so... not... DAMN! I ran out of descriptive adjectives!

You're both wrong! Our relationship is neither father/daughter, nor boyfriend/girlfriend. We have a much more special and sacred relationship, one that is rare and memorable among the bonds shared between men and women.

The relationship I speak of is of course that of Master and his loyal, eager-to-please Slave! Bwah hahahahaha! Yes! It is truly a beautiful and excuisite kinship my Demon Doll and I share.

I say "JUMP" and she says, "How high?"

Ifurita: How high!

I say "RUN!" and she says, "How far?"

Ifurita: How far!

I say, "KILL!" and she says, "How many?"

Ifurita: zzzzzzzzz...

BWAH HAH HAHAHAHAHA! Who needs a woman when you have a dooms-day weapon of unlimited power? I say let that pervert Makoto have these pitiful females. I know what's important.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2003, 11:37:21 am by lord_god_jinnai » Logged

I Care Deep
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2003, 05:33:40 pm »

We need some more humans on Bugrom side.  :P  (Didn't someone suggest that once?  Human spies for the Bugrom hiding along the river's edge or something?  Was that the RPG book?)  That probably makes for some very interesting story material, but I digress.

Funny you should mention that.  This idea plays a significant role in our work, "Rough Justice."

http://www.mts.net/~kenwolfe/my_fanfic/Rough.txt

Shameless plug I know, but I believe the membership here will find the story satisfying.  And, insofar as the above passage is concerned, our story is pertinent to the topic at hand.

Ken's solo work in the El Hazard universe is also highly worthwhile material.  And readers of good fiction will find his Moonie-verse stuff appealing, I think.

http://www.mts.net/~kenwolfe/fanfic.html

--me

Mark Engels
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2003, 06:30:11 pm »

I would now invite you all to direct your eyes leftward.

Or over here. *feebly raises hand* =,]

No, really. I strongly urge you to check out the little ranking thingie I did over in the "Who Gets Makoto?" thread. Granted, that's looking at it from the other direction, but it's a pretty good breakdown of the various factors, I'd reckon. ^^;

Dammit, Iffy/Jinnai is so terribly adorable to me. I like Diva/Jinnai to a certain extent, yet at the same time I agree with the rest of you that their relationship would be, above all, very-- ahem-- utilitarian in nature. But I still like it. I'm a sick little gnome.

I can see Jinnai/Shayla, but it just doesn't appeal to me for whatever reason. While implausible (though isn't any Jinnai pairing, really?), I think I'd somehow like to see him with Afura. All loyalties aside and provided she could tolerate him, they'd look really nice together, physically and personality-wise.

But I wholeheartedly agree with you, LGJ! Forget the wenches! Girls be free! We know what's important. >D

I strongly doubt Jinnai would abandon his empire for a woman anybody... if he did, it'd be for his own personal, selfish reasons. ^_^ And of course, I wouldn't have it any other way. I admire his conviction! For I have long since abandoned the pursuit of a good, moral life in favor of my Supreme Sexgo--Ruler.  -_- ... Er, the depravity is all my own, though. :D

*sigh* I could have been such a SAINTLY person...
:-/

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2003, 03:53:25 pm »

Even though I don't know that much about El Hazard, I still think the Jinnai/Ifurita one tops all. What? Evil meets pathetic. What more could you want? *shot*

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Aya Mikage
Demon God(ess)

Does she look like Ifurita? She's a mage...

ICQ Messenger - 245860247 AOL Instant Messenger - ifurita214 Yahoo Instant Messenger - tenyo_aya_mikage
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2003, 09:06:40 am »

JInnai Gets QUEEN DIVA!!

hehehe...She is the only one who is with Jinnai for a very long time! We don’t know what happened between them after the bugroom victory celebration in the 1st OAV..

Diva gave Jinnai a drink then… hehehe....

eheeem... anyways, they are both stupid evil villains --> they will rule the empire of the eeky bugroms and conquer Roshtaria with its allies and kill Makoto!

Diva + Jinnai!

"In the future, you will fall under the control of the star of darkness."

"I see blood, anger, and sadness -- the destruction of the equilibrium of everything in this world."

"On the day when the 16th star an
Aya Mikage
Demon God(ess)

Does she look like Ifurita? She's a mage...

ICQ Messenger - 245860247 AOL Instant Messenger - ifurita214 Yahoo Instant Messenger - tenyo_aya_mikage
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2003, 09:11:44 am »

Or maybe....

[size=12]Jinnai Gets Makoto!![/size]

Oh my God! Yaoi Hentai!

"In the future, you will fall under the control of the star of darkness."

"I see blood, anger, and sadness -- the destruction of the equilibrium of everything in this world."

"On the day when the 16th star an
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines