Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:26:51 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  jobs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: jobs  (Read 13501 times)
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2003, 09:30:54 pm »

xel,
I think Saucer is making lovehina-based jokes
U'll sure get it if u follow the series

oh jobs...jobs

Brief OT-ness: And here I drew the parallel with Maison Ikkoku. I am 0LD SK00L. 8)

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2003, 11:39:52 pm »

Your night job being CONQUERING THE WORLD, yes?

Bah! Planetary conquest is my FULL TIME job.

*sighs*

But unfortunately, such a grandios ambition does not pay too well. Therego, in order to pay the rent on the Hive, my loyal minions and I have to take these stupid part time jobs. Oh the humanity...

PART TIME JOBS PART TIME JOBS PART TIME JOBS PART TIME JOBS

Groucho ~ Telemarketer

Guy: Hello?

Groucho: !$#!%!@#$#@!%

Guy: What?

Groucho: !$#!%!@#$#@!%

Guy: Who the hell is this?

Groucho: #$@@!%%#...

Guy: Ghaaaa! It's you, isn't it Kumi Kumi! Will you never stop haunting me?? NOOOOO!!!

Ifurita ~ Exotic Dancer

Ifurita: Umm... you want me to dance around this pole?

Sleeze merchant: Yep. That's right, toots.

Ifurita: Umm... okay. *smiles sweetly*

**TWO MINUTES LATER...**

Sleeze Merchant: Nooo! What did you do to my club? There's nothin left but fire and brimstone!

Ifurita: Sorry, boss! But I kinda confused what I had to do on stage with what I usually do in my other job. Heh... do you think those guys will still tip me even though I blew them up?

Sleeze Merchant: *cries like a baby*  :bawl

Xel ~ Toilet Cleaner

Gas Station Attendant: Okay, kid, here it is... the men's room. Now I warned that boss of yours that we usually have commercial-grade robots do this sort of thing, cuz it's like highly toxic and dangerous in there, but well, that guy made us a great deal on you! We saved a bunch load of money hiring you instead of those robots. So, uh... have fun in there. And be careful. We had a bunch of truckers come in half an hour ago, and well... it ain't pretty in there. Good luck! *nervously unlocks the men's room door, then runs off*

Xel: .........

*door slowly opens.... revealing HORRORS BEYOND WHICH WORDS CAN TELL*

I Care Deep
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2003, 11:23:20 am »

*stares blankly*  ^^;

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
theravenisdead
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2003, 01:38:09 pm »

De horror.... de horror... -_-
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2003, 05:38:48 pm »

Brief OT-ness: And here I drew the parallel with Maison Ikkoku. I am 0LD SK00L. 8)

Probably the best manga Takahashi ever did.  I've got them all and love the series.  And that was the first thing that came to mind when I read Saucer's references to a "ronin", although Usagi Yojimbo was a close second.

--me

Mark Engels
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2003, 10:13:27 pm »

Xel ~ Toilet Cleaner

Gas Station Attendant: Okay, kid, here it is... the men's room. Now I warned that boss of yours that we usually have commercial-grade robots do this sort of thing, cuz it's like highly toxic and dangerous in there, but well, that guy made us a great deal on you! We saved a bunch load of money hiring you instead of those robots. So, uh... have fun in there. And be careful. We had a bunch of truckers come in half an hour ago, and well... it ain't pretty in there. Good luck! *nervously unlocks the men's room door, then runs off*

Xel: .........

*door slowly opens.... revealing HORRORS BEYOND WHICH WORDS CAN TELL*

*sobs*

... How'd that get on film? >_>

......... There are people out there who'd pay good money to see that. -_-

Though I'm considering a far more lucrative job than toilet cleaning, honestly. Not that I disapprove of your choice for me, sir! ...

It's just... well, we must all follow our passions! I'm thinking of joining a doujinshi circle. |D

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2003, 10:53:36 pm »

xel,
I think Saucer is making lovehina-based jokes
U'll sure get it if u follow the series

oh jobs...jobs

::high fives Xel:: 0LD 5CH00L R0XX0R!! ^^; You guys are so silly. Wasn't making any references to any particular series. But hey, Maison Ikkoku is great. However, Kimagure Orange Road 0WnZ 4LL!!!

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2003, 07:54:36 am »

I graduated last December from Edinboro University with a certification and BS in Art Education.

Finding no job in Pennsylvania I took a job on a US military base in Guam teaching middle school art O_O;

I now make $31,990 a year plus a cost of living allowance for moving from PA to Guam.

Just so you know, $32,000 is about the MAX you can get as a first year teacher... and the Cost of Living Allowance pushes my salary closer to $40,000 a year (because Guam is expensive as hell).

They have a killer pension and health plan. They also ship all your crap here for you... (they shipped my car too).

AND they are sending me to Tokyo to attend an art teacher conference in 2 weeks... and the trip will be on THEIR bill!

WORKING FOR THE GOVERNMENT R0xX0r5!!!!!!

Umm cept for the whole leaving my family and friends and moving half way around the world thing...

Here's to hoping I get a position in Japan after my 2 year contract is up!

Now... if only I didn't have to work 60 hours a week planning lessons... >_<

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2003, 08:21:01 am »

I graduated last December from Edinboro University with a certification and BS in Art Education.

Finding no job in Pennsylvania I took a job on a US military base in Guam teaching middle school art O_O;

I now make $31,990 a year plus a cost of living allowance for moving from PA to Guam.

Just so you know, $32,000 is about the MAX you can get as a first year teacher... and the Cost of Living Allowance pushes my salary closer to $40,000 a year (because Guam is expensive as hell).

They have a killer pension and health plan. They also ship all your crap here for you... (they shipped my car too).

AND they are sending me to Tokyo to attend an art teacher conference in 2 weeks... and the trip will be on THEIR bill!

WORKING FOR THE GOVERNMENT R0xX0r5!!!!!!

Umm cept for the whole leaving my family and friends and moving half way around the world thing...

Here's to hoping I get a position in Japan after my 2 year contract is up!

Now... if only I didn't have to work 60 hours a week planning lessons... >_<

Teacher?

Government employee!

INCOME!!!

XD

The 1337 poster
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2003, 08:48:40 am »

Teacher?

Government employee!

INCOME!!!

XD

It's simply not complete without the in-your-face face.

... hmm, but Sarah's a girl.  Alrighty then.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2003, 05:19:43 pm »

It's simply not complete without the in-your-face face.

LOL ^_^ Is true I am all of the above! Cept, that face of Miz is how MY face looks right now...  ^_^V

The Fujisawa face is more appropriate I guess ^_^

But then again, EVERYONE here is a government employee... and you certainly don't see any of the guys pulling a Miz (or Fujisawa) on me 9_9

In fact, they pretty much leave me alone... just like back home... but that couldn't be due to the fact that I work 60 hours a week and don't go anywhere... now could it?

O_O though there is this really old guy who I bump into by chance more often than I'd like and I think he digs me... why do I always get hit on by 50-year-old men?  :bawl

why doesn't anyone my age like me? I'm cool! I like anime and video games!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2003, 05:21:47 pm by ifurita » Logged

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2003, 05:25:46 pm »

Rob and Eric...

ROTFLMAO.  Thanks fellas.  That made my month.

Glad to see you back with us, Kat.

And here I thought I had cut the fat hog in the ass having a company van to drive around to my trouble calls on the railroad signal system.  Of course, they also expect me to drive da buggy into the swamps at night to find out why the dispatchers are seeing track lights lit on their panels...

Rob's been in touch with a railroad friend of mine who happens to be Pittsburgh's newest anime buff.  Maybe the Showalter family could enlighten Homer and I whether there any regular anime showings or cons out your way?

--me

Mark Engels
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2003, 09:34:25 pm »

Maybe the Showalter family could enlighten Homer and I whether there any regular anime showings or cons out your way?

There was only one ever not too long ago.  And it sucked.  :P  But it DID have a pretty high attendance, so maybe it'll get some thoughts that there ought to be more.  Possibly since it was a first time trial might help indicate why it wasn't stellar.

Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2003, 04:45:10 pm »

There was only one ever not too long ago.  And it sucked.  :P  But it DID have a pretty high attendance, so maybe it'll get some thoughts that there ought to be more.  Possibly since it was a first time trial might help indicate why it wasn't stellar.

Umm Tekkoshocon had it's FIRST year in Pittsburgh. And yeah it wasn't GREAT but, really Bob, that wasn't the WORST either... "sucked" isn't the word I would have used ^_^; But then, about 10 of my college buddies drove down from Edinboro to go to it... soooo having a large group of friends there helped ME enjoy it more... ^_^; Sometimes that makes all the difference in the world... MY only complaint was that they didn't have thier times straight and their cosplays  SUCKED... and they SCREWED my friends over during THEIR cosplay (sound wasn't working right). So no one could hear the music and that ruined the WHOLE effect. Oh and the guy who was supposed to be entertaining us while the judges made their decisions SUCKED. I wanted ... to kill him... if you want to see a err...  "creative" negative review of the event you should read the review on my message board:

http://www.el-hazardonline.net/cgi-bin/sarahsensei/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1049048209

For a first year con, they did pretty well and if I were at home and not in GUAM I would totally go again.

I'm hearing some bad things from people who went to Otakon (seems it's getting much bigger and they just aren't making proper arrangements to accomodate its growth).

Tekkoshocon needs to work on some things... but if they take the time to figure out what went wrong and try to correct it, I expect this year will be better...

At least "Joy's Japanimation" had a booth  ^_^V That store kicks ass! (I just wish it were in Pittsburgh and not an hour away in Greensburg  -_-  )

Netto:
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2003, 05:07:56 pm »

(I just wish it were in Pittsburgh and not an hour away in Greensburg  -_-  )

That's kind of moot to note for you now, isn't it?  :P

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines