Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:37:07 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  jobs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: jobs  (Read 13455 times)
washuchan
Demon God(ess)

charity, not love

View Profile Email
« on: September 04, 2003, 08:10:50 pm »

ok, we got all kinds of "revealing" topic, so I hope we can do another one.

So...

how'd you earn your living? how'd u earn your pay?

(u marines/rangers should be familiar with the "questions")

Me:
engineer, currently working mostly on field engineering.
Future plan?
maybe I'll join OCS one day...

« Last Edit: September 05, 2003, 12:43:11 pm by washuchan » Logged
theravenisdead
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2003, 08:16:19 pm »

I'm a professional slacker ::) ^^;-_- Heh..

But seriously, nah I'm unemployed.
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2003, 10:10:40 pm »

I work for them.

But I actually work here.

I do this.  (These screencaps are incomplete and obsolete, but you get the idea.)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2003, 10:50:34 pm »

Currently I put forth all my inborn talent and great mind to hauling garbage, washing dishes, and running a cash register at a downtown Pittsburgh Sbarro's for the awesome salary of $6.50/hr.

-_-

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2003, 10:58:49 pm »

I work as a software engineer for a military contractor known as United Defense.

I build WEAPONS OF DEATH!!!

Actually, I just build TRAINING SIMULATORS FOR WEAPONS OF DEATH!!!

But that just doesn't have the same ring to it...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2003, 11:52:03 pm by spanner » Logged

The 1337 poster
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2003, 11:34:42 pm »

Hmm... my holy logs state that you're using Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows 95).  While glowing effects and the like are Microsoft specific (you probably won't ever see them in any other browser) it's possible that for some reason they aren't rendering on IE 5.5 either because of Windows 95 or a screen resolution.  Unless all of that information is completely defunt due to your software only reporting it is as such.  ;)

Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2003, 11:51:28 pm »

Hmm... my holy logs state that you're using Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows 95).  While glowing effects and the like are Microsoft specific (you probably won't ever see them in any other browser) it's possible that for some reason they aren't rendering on IE 5.5 either because of Windows 95 or a screen resolution.  Unless all of that information is completely defunt due to your software only reporting it is as such.  ;)

Ah, that would explain it, then. I am using IE v5.5, but because my main computer is currently down, I'm using my old Windows 95 machine. Din't realize that some of the font options were dependent on the operating system.

I'm gonna go remove the testing message from my post, now, 'cause it kinda spoils the effect of the main message. ;D

The 1337 poster
Fujisawa4654
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2003, 11:52:30 pm »

I'm 14 and I've got a workers permit, and I work at the pool, gatekeeper, working minimum wage for $6.75 an hour
Dont' hurt me rob, please!

*ahem*

My job is incredibly boring, I jsut sit aroudn at the gate, drink sodas, water, and uhh, I remember someone pranking me by putting pool water mixed with uhh... urine...

I didn't drink it because I could sense it's foul odor, plus some of the other people say I stole the job from his friend, the truth is, I dont' give a damn, first come first serve...

Anyway, that's my job :)

theravenisdead
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2003, 12:00:36 am »

Ah, that would explain it, then. I am using IE v5.5, but because my main computer is currently down, I'm using my old Windows 95 machine. Din't realize that some of the font options were dependent on the operating system.

I have a p100 laptop too, and it runs Win98 just fine. I use my laptop fer browsing, writing, occasional game, and as a linux box as well. There is no performance difference between 95 and 98 on my machine (and since 98 has more features and support then 95 it was a no brainer)

Hmm... my holy logs state that you're using Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows 95).  While glowing effects and the like are Microsoft specific (you probably won't ever see them in any other browser) it's possible that for some reason they aren't rendering on IE 5.5 either because of Windows 95 or a screen resolution.  Unless all of that information is completely defunt due to your software only reporting it is as such.  

I use Opera, Mozilla and Konqueror alot, and it supports it all. Most browsers, if not all major ones, support all these features just fine.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2003, 12:04:16 am by theravenisdead » Logged
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2003, 07:52:21 am »

Ah.  Then perhaps the tides are changing.  Glowing text, marquees, and some other funky graphical effects were often labeled by people to be "the scourge of MSHTML" (that is, tags that Microsoft made up and no one else supports).  I always figured no one would ever bother to actually code them in to their respective browsers.  :P

washuchan
Demon God(ess)

charity, not love

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2003, 12:42:38 pm »

with this

I just build TRAINING SIMULATORS FOR WEAPONS OF DEATH!!!

and this

and periodically throughout the day when I'm supposed to be working   (between 7:30 am and 4:30 pm - yeah, shame on me ).

I shouldn't try to rationalize it, but I'd probably go nuts if I didn't have something to distract myself with from time to time while working... But it's still a bad habit. I'm doing it right now.

and the dual I's website,
I wouldn't be surprised if one day I encounter a training simulator that's either called Ifurita or has Ifurita logo, or has a VR guide by the name/looks of Ifurita

hmm, that's not a bad thing at all....I'm actually looking forward to it I guess

Don't worry Rob,we all started somewhere
I started from washing dishes at an army cadet chow hall with a min wage of $5.50!!!...'n if you ever work in one, you know how annoying it is when people takes more than they can eat in a buffet style meal.
yep, that and all the trash hauling, floor scrubbing....somehow I was omitted from toilet service though....
Rob, have you ever though of joining the armed forces?
They could send you to public tech schools via loans etc & in the service at all there're all sort of expertise to benefit from, I believe some of them are deeply computer related. Also, if you join the reserve ,it's very unlikely u'll be dropped in a war zone.

Fujisawa4654,
hmm, boring job eh? I've been around quite a bit (10 jobs so far)....your job reminds me of being a gym attendant, yep, just sitting around and be an assistance to the patrons. We couldn't even work out.
and um, pool, um, u sure you have nothing "unique" to say about the job? Something that mostly likely exists in gyms as well

ps. and oh, Spanner, would u mind telling me in the caption thread the program u use to caption all the pics in dual Ifurita website
« Last Edit: September 05, 2003, 07:08:52 pm by washuchan » Logged
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2003, 04:18:55 pm »

Woah. Everyone here seems to have such cool jobs. I go to school five days a week, don't get paid for it. But then I occasionally do the washing at home. :P I get paid £5 a week, not including what I get from my gran. :P

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2003, 04:43:12 pm »

I have no job...!

Basically, I'm a college student.

In detail, I have a NOCTI certification to do Medical Assisting (those people you see before the doctor), but I decided to try out MLT (Medical Lab Technition{<-sp?}) first, which requires two years of  training.

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2003, 07:21:39 pm »

Rob, have you ever though of joining the armed forces?
They could send you to public tech schools via loans etc & in the service at all there're all sort of expertise to benefit from, I believe some of them are deeply computer related. Also, if you join the reserve ,it's very unlikely u'll be dropped in a war zone.

The only time I've actually thought of it was at the height of my desperation for work earlier this summer.  Personally none of the president's current things are things I'm truly feeling its worth dying for so I'd prefer to remain uninvolved.  (It's more I can't understand most of his goals and his basis for action more than just disagreeing it.)  Anyway, not to get into a political arguement or anything, we'll just leave it that I'm not all that interested.  Though I will admit most technologies are developed through the military and that's certainly interesting.

Fujisawa4654
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2003, 07:26:31 pm »

Bleh, people with either suprising jobs or none at all.. Let me recount who do and don't have jobs.. I'll just go by numbers hmm.. lets see...

That.. That... Not that... That.. Th... CRAP forgot where I was.. Oh well I'll just count again

That.. THat... THAT.... Oh to hell with it!

I say 6/8!... I might be wrong...

Maybe it's 5/7....

Maybe even smaller... Like 41/4 or something...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines