Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:34:19 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  jobs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: jobs  (Read 13444 times)
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2003, 07:55:32 pm »

That's kind of moot to note for you now, isn't it?  :P

eh heh  ^^; I suppose so. Though I DO plan on buying a ticket home for a month and a half in the summer... if I can find someone who will be willing to watch my house and mow my lawn >_> or the base lawn Nazis will cite me and kick me out of my house  :bawl (and they require you to get someone to come check on your house now and then >_< Maybe Diane will check on my house for me... she lives on the other side of base... )

Err anyhow... those are minor details... and I can deal with that when the time comes... err closer...

Heh maybe what I mean to say was, "I WISH JOY'S JAPANIMATION WAS RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO ME!!!"

Umm but if it were, I'd have no money... (not that I'll have any money after this Tokyo trip  :o )
« Last Edit: October 04, 2003, 07:56:37 pm by ifurita » Logged

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
xxdemongodifuritaxx
Demon God(ess)

I will do anything to make my Master happy

AOL Instant Messenger - KowaiNoNeko Yahoo Instant Messenger - xxdemongodxx
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2004, 01:40:07 am »

I work in customer service for a grocery store. I get to handle people that are already upset about something and try my best to make them happy again but there are some people you just can't please no matter what you do. I usually just let it go in one ear and out the other. if not, then I'll just go in back and kick around some cardboard boxes. just to make some tension release. sometimes though I don't think I make enough to deal with some of the people I have dealt with before. one such horror story goes as this:

I had this one guy come in all the time and when he came up to the service desk counter this is our conversation:

me: yes, sir, how can I help you?
guy: when do you get off today?
me: not til much later, sir, so what can I do for you?
guy: you can come over to my house and clean
me: I'm sorry?
guy: "name of company" pays you to help the customer, so you should come to my house and clean
me: *narrows eyes* sir, I don't get paid to clean customer's houses
guy: yes you do
me: no, sir, I don't. now is there anything else I can do to help you?
guy: you just be ready later, when you get off, I'm coming to pick you up to take you home so you can get started
me: yeah, okay, have a nice day

that irritated me really badly because it seemed to me that he disrespected women so badly so he felt it his need to come harrass me daily on that kinda thing. and that's not the worst guy I get either.

Punish me Master! I've been a bad demon god. ^^
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2004, 08:21:21 am »

I work in customer service for a grocery store. I get to handle people that are already upset about something and try my best to make them happy again but there are some people you just can't please no matter what you do. I usually just let it go in one ear and out the other. if not, then I'll just go in back and kick around some cardboard boxes. just to make some tension release. sometimes though I don't think I make enough to deal with some of the people I have dealt with before. one such horror story goes as this:

I had this one guy come in all the time and when he came up to the service desk counter this is our conversation:

me: yes, sir, how can I help you?
guy: when do you get off today?
me: not til much later, sir, so what can I do for you?
guy: you can come over to my house and clean
me: I'm sorry?
guy: "name of company" pays you to help the customer, so you should come to my house and clean
me: *narrows eyes* sir, I don't get paid to clean customer's houses
guy: yes you do
me: no, sir, I don't. now is there anything else I can do to help you?
guy: you just be ready later, when you get off, I'm coming to pick you up to take you home so you can get started
me: yeah, okay, have a nice day

that irritated me really badly because it seemed to me that he disrespected women so badly so he felt it his need to come harrass me daily on that kinda thing. and that's not the worst guy I get either.

Meh. I've known other people in customer service jobs, and it simply boggles my mind that anyone would choose such a profession. Even the ones who are outgoing, and love meeting new people quickly become broken down and embittered by the endless string of morons who are too stupid to use the product and/or service properly.

At times like the one you mentioned above, I'll bet you wish you really DID have a Power Key Staff at your disposal:

Customer: Wuhman, come clean mah house!

Ifurita: Yessir! Happy to be of service!

Ifurita: *Arrives at customer's house*

Customer: I don't want to see even a speck of dust left when yer done. Ya hear?

Ifurita: *Concerned* Are you sure, sir?

Customer: That's right!

Ifurita: Well... Okay! *Brandishes staff* Ifurita Super Sanitization Blast! *Annihalates Customer's house in a tremendous explosion. Nothing is left but a crater.*

Customer: M-my house!

Ifurita: *Beaming* There, not even a tiny piece of dust left! *Bows* Thank you for using [Name of Company]'s customer service department!

Ifurita: *Floats off, leaving a weeping customer behind*
« Last Edit: October 14, 2004, 09:30:34 am by spanner » Logged

The 1337 poster
xxdemongodifuritaxx
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2004, 09:20:10 am »

LMAO, oh if only I actually did have a keystaff. hehe. then I could also take care of the old pedofile perverts and the I want something for nothing creeps all in one shot. hehe, yeah, it is a stressful job and sometimes there are instances where I think "why am I doing this again?" but all in all, I think it will give me a good resume and I don't get many complaints. and its fun to have an over-ride key that over-rides the computers on the front end. mwahaha, behold the power of the key!

*wields the grand power of the over-ride key in hand waving it around in its splendor* lol. I guess its kinda like a key staff. not as powerful though

smkviper
Demon God(ess)

Couldn't find a EH avatar, but likes Mai-HiME alot

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2004, 01:23:45 pm »

Wondering if I should mention my job... ah what the heck: Video game programmer.

For this company ;D

Millenia: Aw. You're a sweetheart, aren't ya. This should be fun.

Ryudo: If your idea of fun is wading through rivers of blood, gobbets of flesh, and gut fresh upon your lips, then yes, it will be fun.

Millenia: Then what a
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars &amp; Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2004, 11:12:02 pm »

The stupidity of most people is quite astounding. It's a miracle that the species has survived this long. What bothers me most though is not stupid people, but stupid people who think they're smarter then me. I find it insulting when some moron comes to my counter and tries to pull a fast one so transparent that it brings tears to my eyes.

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
xxdemongodifuritaxx
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2004, 04:56:25 pm »

these people make me so angry, here's the latest scam some guys are pulling on us. they come in and get a box of diapers. like one of those 72 pak boxes. then they empty out the diapers and hide them somewhere. well then the walk around and fill them up with all other types of merchandise. they have been reported to be filling them up with about 76 dvd's.they steal tape from the school supply aisle and tape up the box.  this doesn't stop here. they go to the check out and they hand the clerk a cardboard piece with a credit card number written down on it, the kind of cardboard thing that looks to be one of those pre-registered credit cards. *shrugs* anyways, so they get away with alot more merchandise than what they used the fake credit card for. this so infuriates me and I'm waiting for them to come to my store and try to pull that on me. I've been on the lookout at the registers for boxes of any kind. I told the cashiers to kinda casually shake the boxes of diapers that come through to be on the safe side and also remind them that a piece of cardboard is not a credit card. *sighs* it just angers me to no end what these jerks try to pull. clever though. I admit, it is a clever ploy but its annoying. must put a stop to them. *wields her uber henshin keystaff of doom at these creeps* don't make me punish you! and it won't be in a way that you would find enjoyable!! grrrr!!!
okies, Ifurita done ranting now....

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars &amp; Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2004, 07:06:47 pm »

Wow, that's a great idea! Combining two scams at once! *SARCASM* It's ironic how most people who want to pull scams aren't intelligent enough to even do it right. I think most of the time, they just get lucky... until they get caught. When I worked at Tower Records, I used to get people pulling sale tags off other CDs and sticking them over the regular price tag on the CD they wanted. It's like "Ummm..... nice one. I can see that you didn't even bother looking at any of our other sale items to see how and where we put sale tags. Better luck next time!"
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 07:08:42 pm by saucer » Logged

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
xxdemongodifuritaxx
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2004, 09:56:52 pm »

yeah, we had someone do that once but it was so amusing because they took off a tag from some chicken wings and put it on a pack of t-bone steaks and tried to come through my checkstand. I picked it up and saw that. I looked at her and said, "yeah, these are kinda funny looking chicken wings, I don't think you should get these." and I stuck them in my register cubby hole and stared at them point blank. they just smiled and left without another word. *shakes head* I'm not that stupid. ^^

Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2004, 10:31:46 pm »

I looked at her and said, "yeah, these are kinda funny looking chicken wings, I don't think you should get these." and I stuck them in my register cubby hole and stared at them point blank. they just smiled and left without another word. *shakes head* I'm not that stupid. ^^

Baahaha.   XD

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
xxdemongodifuritaxx
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2004, 08:30:17 am »

Baahaha.    

oh, that's not the best, we had someone else do that before and when I told them that I couldn't ring it up for that, she was all, "but the guy in the market was doing that to all of them just now" and I knew for a fact that no one was in market since like hours ago so I was just staring at her blankly before going, "Um...that'd be pretty hard since he hasn't been at work for a couple hours now. when exactly was this? *sighs and gets out the giant red stamp of doom reaching out and stamping the woman square in the forehead with the word "Dumbass"*

I would feel better if I could actually do that, but eventually, every customer would be wearing one. ~_~

smkviper
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2004, 10:56:05 am »

Ahhh, working in retail. That brings back some fond memories.

Or not... (well, except for making fun of stupid customers) ;D

Customer: (pointing at computer monitor) "So this is the computer, and this" (pointing at computer) " is the modem?"

Me: *bangs head on nearby wall*

Ryudo: If your idea of fun is wading through rivers of blood, gobbets of flesh, and gut fresh upon your lips, then yes, it will be fun.

MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2004, 09:09:25 pm »

(EDIT:  Deleted an angry rant regarding my job.  It felt good to vent, but I don't like to leave things written in anger.  Thanks to all for the words of encouragement.)

Bob, if you're looking for a job in computer science?  My advice to you is... Run away.  Run far and run fast.  Run as if you had just accidentally glomped a nekkid Great Priestess of Fire.  I was a music major for my first two years of college, and I might have been better off as a starving composer.  Heck, I'm 35YO, and if I had become another Mozart, I'd already be dead by now.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2004, 09:21:15 pm by mrwhat » Logged
xxdemongodifuritaxx
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2004, 10:23:04 am »

geez....I could never work in a job like that. I have no knowledge really of computer lingo and stuff so I'd be lost in three seconds. I just have good people skills and can make the impression that I am doing good and am in a good mood when I'm really not and I want to throw half the customers into the ocean. heh. but its gotten me lots of jobs and has some previous ones wanting me back so I guess I'm doing something right. either that or I've noticed that good reliable people that come in on time and come in when they are supposed to are hard to find. we had two girls quit this week and its not like its going to be that harmful to us except we will be short of help. they weren't that good. one I think really didn't care about the job since she's still in school, the other is just too slow. she took so much time getting through one transaction that I had to call for a surge checker and I really hate doing that because the surge checkers kinda ignore me since I somewhat resemble an innocent looking nobody so they think they can walk all over me but in fact if they do, I'll just call management. *shrugs* ah well, what can you do honestly? sometimes you just have to throw those lemons back at life ya know? ^^  

smkviper
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2004, 11:33:48 am »

Hmm... well I didn't really consider this a "bitch about your job" thread since I don't have any real problems with my current job ^^;

SmkViper runs away from an enraged forum population

*huff* *huff* too... out of shape... for this. Ok think I lost them.

Anyway, I just thought of this as a tell funny stupid customer stories. But since I don't have any customers, I have to tell stories from when I was working in retail.

And MrWhat, I feel your pain (yup, it's cliche, sorry), at least a little bit. I know what it feels like to at least have 1 and 1/2 years work thrown out because not enough people wanted it, instead of just dealing with stupid people (though there are more then enough of those that work at publishers, I can tell you that). Hope things look up for you soon! (hmm... no thumbs up smily...)

"Come back here you happy person with a good job!"

Dang it, they caught up with me again, later!

SmkViper zooms off again

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines