Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:14:50 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Population of El Hazard
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Population of El Hazard  (Read 4370 times)
theravenisdead
« on: September 01, 2003, 03:27:23 am »

Anyone  wonder what the population of El Hazard is? Ive debated over different estimates myself.

Considering Roshtaria is the largest nation, and Floristica is the largest city, what do you guys think the population of it is?

For Floristica, given its physical size in pictures, and the way people are housed in the city, I estimated it could have somewhere between 50,000 and 100,000 people.

Any other estimates? I could use em  8)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2003, 04:53:22 am by theravenisdead » Logged
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2003, 07:51:47 pm »

Do you mean the total sentient population of the whole planet, including Bugrom, Phantom Tribe, desert tribes and who knows who else? That's a tough one, since we haven't even seen the whole world.

As far as Floristica goes, I imagine it has well over 100,000 people. Probably closer to half a million, being the capital and all. Rostaria probably has at least, if not more than a million people total.

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
theravenisdead
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2003, 11:36:21 pm »

I hafta agree with myou on that, after I rechecked some pics of the city. So yeah I would think therels somewhere between 200,000 and 400,000 people in Floristica. As for Roshtaria, not totally sure. But at least another million or more.

I wouldnt try to speculate he population of the whole planet given the fact we've only seen one area of it.
Aya Mikage
Demon God(ess)

Does she look like Ifurita? She's a mage...

ICQ Messenger - 245860247 AOL Instant Messenger - ifurita214 Yahoo Instant Messenger - tenyo_aya_mikage
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2003, 01:37:00 am »

Uhmmm..

I think when the Population of the Entire El Hazard is concerned, I think it would reach billions too because El Hazard is an alternate world of the Earth, am I right? ;D

"In the future, you will fall under the control of the star of darkness."

"I see blood, anger, and sadness -- the destruction of the equilibrium of everything in this world."

"On the day when the 16th star an
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2003, 07:55:40 am »

Uhmmm..

I think when the Population of the Entire El Hazard is concerned, I think it would reach billions too because El Hazard is an alternate world of the Earth, am I right? ;D

Not necessarily. El-Hazard exists in an alternate dimension, but other than the fact that it's inhabitable and humans live there, it doesn't seem to have any particular connection to Earth. It's just another world. (Heck, even the plants and animals are very dissimilar to Earth's plants and animals.)

And even if it WAS an alternate version of the Earth, remember that this El-Hazard has a very different history. Some time in the past, there were horrific wars that wiped out entire cities at a time. From what we see of El-Hazard now, it doesn't seem NEARLY as heavily populated as the Earth is, even if it was at one time.

As for the population of Floristica... I'm notoriously bad at estimating the populations of cities. Given the atmosphere of the show, I'd imagine the population of Floristica is meant to be about as big as that of similar cities from ancient Arabia (not that I have any idea how populous those cities were). Perhaps a little larger, since Floristica is meant to be a particularly grandiose and awe-inspiring Arab-like city.

The 1337 poster
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2003, 09:59:21 pm »

I'd first-guess Floristica at between 100,000 and 150,000.  From the aerial views of the city, it looks somewhat smaller than my home town, Springfield Illinois USA (population 112,000), but it's probably more crowded than Springfield.

The palace complex takes up a lot of space in the middle of Floristica.  But there aren't many people living in most of it, I think.  There are lots of guards and servants running around when there's a diplomatic crisis, or a wedding, but the halls and the grounds seem to be almost completely empty for much of the time.

It would also depend on how many people live at the edge of the forests, or just within the forests, and whether those people are counted as living in Floristica.  But I think it's a walled city?, so they might not count.

Roshtaria is more of a wild guess, I think.  But it may not even have a million people.  Even if it's the largest Alliance kingdom, that's not saying much.  From memory, some of the other Alliance kingdoms aren't much more than city-states.

And there may not be many other people in the rest of El-Hazard.  There would be very few humans living in the entire Bugrom continent.  And the rest of El-Hazard could even be all oceanic.  Maybe as little as a few hundred million people in all?

Even if the Holy Wars were thousands of years ago, they might still affect the current population.  Depending on what other weapons were used during the war, El-Hazard humanity may have poisoned itself, and permanently reduced its fertility/birth rates.

Besides that, I like to think of El-Hazard as a place to get away from it all.  It makes a nice change from this miserably overcrowded little planet of six-billion-plus and rising.  The writers may have felt the same way-- Japan has millions upon millions of people crowded onto a relatively small chain of islands.
Tsuzuki Asato
Bugrom Forces

" Ragnarok Hunter Level 67 "

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2003, 04:58:50 am »

What a question was that Shaylas Raven!

Of course, El Hazard, as a very huge planet and has a variety of races, the population should range for about a hundreds!

The population of El Hazard on the prewar would be higher not until the Holy war where many people died or disappeared.

In Floristica - it should be more or less 900,000
Others would be 500,000

8)

I tried to lose myself today
And hope this pain will go away
A thousand days I tried to waste
I feel the same but you're still okay

Don't take away your eyes
Coz I know you're beside me but I just can't
Aya Mikage
Demon God(ess)

ICQ Messenger - 245860247 AOL Instant Messenger - ifurita214 Yahoo Instant Messenger - tenyo_aya_mikage
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2003, 05:38:20 am »

You're so rude tsuzuki!! :(

"I see blood, anger, and sadness -- the destruction of the equilibrium of everything in this world."

Fujisawa4654
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2003, 11:37:22 pm »

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2003, 08:38:31 pm »

What a question was that Shaylas Raven!

Of course, El Hazard, as a very huge planet and has a variety of races, the population should range for about a hundreds!

The population of El Hazard on the prewar would be higher not until the Holy war where many people died or disappeared.

In Floristica - it should be more or less 900,000
Others would be 500,000

8)

First of all, if you're going to insult people, at least use proper grammar.  -_-

You've already used up two of your three strikes with the Mods and Admins.

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2003, 10:27:30 pm »

First of all, if you're going to insult people, at least use proper grammar.  -_-

In fairness, I THINK Ifurita and Tsuzuki aren't native English speakers.  :P  Or at least Ifurita isn't.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Andrusi
Bugrom Forces

Powerlink!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2003, 09:13:04 pm »

::fires the On-Topic Cannon::

Obviously, there are exactly 57 people in El-Hazard.  The reason it looks like there's more is that they keep running into rooms, changing clothes and putting on wigs, and then coming out talking in different voices to look like more.  Miz isn't really obsessed with Fujisawa, she's just trying to fulfill her patriotic duty of producing some kids so they can get the population up.

ANDRUSI

Sanity not included.
Aya Mikage
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2003, 02:19:35 am »

Ok.. I guess im wrong... Hehehe..
I forgot that El Hazard went through a lot of wars..

Yeah.. I think Spanner is right...

hehheeeehhe... ::)

To: Tsuzuki Asato

Please stop insulting others.. or else... >:(

Tsuzuki Asato
Bugrom Forces

" Ragnarok Hunter Level 67 "

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2003, 03:07:07 am »

:P

ALRIGHT! Fine!

I'll never insult people on this forum Again!!

Sorry Shayla!

:|

I tried to lose myself today
And hope this pain will go away
A thousand days I tried to waste
I feel the same but you're still okay

Don't take away your eyes
Coz I know you're beside me but I just can't
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines