Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:43:33 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  List Your Birthdays Here NOW - urgent!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: List Your Birthdays Here NOW - urgent!!  (Read 17682 times)
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2003, 11:36:28 am »

I dunno if that's giving Cartoon Network fair credit.

Well, looks like another attempt at humor wasted.

The weirdest thing is, some of the shows are actually dubbed by Filippino companies using Filippino actors, yet they speak their lines in English!

That's where the name "Samurai X" comes from. Rurouni Kenshin was originally aired on TV in The Phillipines as an english language dub with that title. It kind of makes me wonder LGJ, is english fairly common in The Phillipines?

AND THE ORIGINAL SHOW WAS ALL ABOUT THE FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN ROCKMAN AND NETTO! THEY COMPLETELY MISSED THE POINT OF THE SERIES! IT'S NOT ABOUT KICKING ASS! IT'S ABOUT FRIENDSHIP AND TEAMWORK, THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN HUMANS AND MACHINES AND THE DESIRE TO FIGHT FOR WHAT IS RIGHT! NOT A BUNCH OF PUNK ASS, MIDDLE SCHOOL KIDS WHO ARE TRYING TO BE BAD ASSES!

American TV always seems to pander to the lowest common denominator, and assume that children aren't intelligent enough to grasp such concepts. It's a miracle that things like Space Battleship Yamato (Star Blazers) ever made it to American television. And only then, because Star Wars took off in popularity and people wanted more SF stuff. As is was, Macross got pretty well butchered when it was included in the Robotech saga. Including, weeding out the pacisfist message of the series. Idol singer saves the universe? No way, let's see some explosions!

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2003, 04:12:08 pm »

Also, if you're one of the few lucky enough to have IC, you get Fushigi Yuugi, raw DBGT, Lost Universe (which was after they got through their Slayers run), ...something I can't remember the name of, and our very own El-Hazard. They even played Earthian late at night once. <3

Apparently TechTV has Serial Experiments Lain. I don't have it, but that's good enough to make me want it. *.*

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
theravenisdead
« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2003, 12:03:34 am »

Except for maybe YTV, what with its handful of childrens anime, Canada has a rather bad drought for anime on television. suxx0rz.
Aya Mikage
Demon God(ess)

Does she look like Ifurita? She's a mage...

ICQ Messenger - 245860247 AOL Instant Messenger - ifurita214 Yahoo Instant Messenger - tenyo_aya_mikage
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2003, 03:09:54 am »

These are the animes AXN is airing or have aired:

Gensoumaden Saiyuki
Flame of Recca
Shinhakkenden
Samurai X
El Hazard the Mysterious World, Alternative World, magnificent world 1 and 2.
Fushigi Yuugi Series and OAVs
Vandread and Vandread the Second Stage
Sol Bianca
Metropolis
Yami no Matsuei (yaoi) - Tsuzuki's Anime maybe..
Ayashi no Ceres
Ranma 1/2
Boys Be...
Dragon Ball / Z Series
Eden's Bowy
Shadow Skill
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Galaxy Angels
Dual!
Sakura Wars
... more!!  ^^;

AXN-ASIA is great!

You forgot SLAMDUNK and OJI the Section Chief/Chef (heheehe)

Have you seen OJI, Daisuke? It was kinda weird cuz I saw a scence in the series that was OJI was on the beach having a picture with the EL HAZARD LADIES!

It kinda lasted for only about two seconds. But im really sure that I saw Nanami, Shayla-shayla, Mizu, Afura, Ifurita, Rune, Fatora and Alele in bathing suits.

How I wish i could see it again on AXN...

Lord God Jinnai
Heh, speaking of Philippino tv, my brother was just recently there and he told me a most peculiar story. He said that most of the anime are either dubbed into tagalog (the majority language of the country) or just the American dubbed ones. The weirdest thing is, some of the shows are actually dubbed by Filippino companies using Filippino actors, yet they speak their lines in English! He told me that it was a very psychedelic experience watching such shows.

The animes here being on Local TV Stations like ABS-CBN and GMA are mostly being dubbed due to some very young audiences patronizing it. Some of them can't understand English yet so in order for the young viewers to understand whats going on in the anime, they just dubbed it into Tagalog so that they could understand.

And besides, Filipino voice actors are very superb! They dub better than the english voice actors!
;D

"In the future, you will fall under the control of the star of darkness."

"I see blood, anger, and sadness -- the destruction of the equilibrium of everything in this world."

"On the day when the 16th star an
Aya Mikage
Demon God(ess)

ICQ Messenger - 245860247 AOL Instant Messenger - ifurita214 Yahoo Instant Messenger - tenyo_aya_mikage
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2003, 03:37:15 am »

ABS-CBN aired the following animes:

Nadia : Secret of Blue Water
Robotech
Cedie
Princess Sarah
Cinderella
Cardcaptor Sakura
Digimon
Crush Gear Turbo
El Hazard the Mysterious World
Magic Knight Rayearth / OAV
Samurai X | Ruruoni Kenshin
Beyblade
... maybe there are more I couldn't just remember cuz there are lots of 'em..

GMA Network
Flame of Recca
Ghost Fighter
Fushigi Yuugi
Trigun
Doraemon
Gundam Series
Vision of Escaflowne
Shamanic Princess
Baki the Grappler
Shaman King
Pokemon
Magic Knight Rayearth
Lupin the 3rd
Animatrix
Ghost in the Shell
Weiss Kreuz (Night HUnters?!)
Hunter X HUnter

.... etc..

Phew! These are just half of them! Gosh i realized that anime here in the Philippines is very popular!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2003, 03:44:03 am by ifurita-sama » Logged

"I see blood, anger, and sadness -- the destruction of the equilibrium of everything in this world."

Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2003, 03:41:39 am »

And besides, Filipino voice actors are very superb! They dub better than the english voice actors!
;D

Um... no.

I Care Deep
Aya Mikage
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #111 on: October 26, 2003, 03:46:20 am »

Um... no.

Oh Yes.. I understand you cuz you can't understand them at all!

^^;

Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2003, 01:17:34 pm »

Well, it's not fair for YOU to make that judgement, Aya.  ;)  But it's nice you like your local VAs.  We had a member here from Germany (who sadly doesn't come around much anymore) and she was very disastifed with her local dubbers.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars &amp; Loud Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: October 26, 2003, 06:21:52 pm »

They even played Earthian late at night once. <3

Oh, I bet you liked that one!  ;D Just teasing.  ^^;

Speaking of, anybody here the latest on ADV's 24-hour anime channel?

You forgot SLAMDUNK and OJI the Section Chief/Chef (heheehe)

Have you seen OJI, Daisuke? It was kinda weird cuz I saw a scence in the series that was OJI was on the beach having a picture with the EL HAZARD LADIES!

It kinda lasted for only about two seconds. But im really sure that I saw Nanami, Shayla-shayla, Mizu, Afura, Ifurita, Rune, Fatora and Alele in bathing suits.

How I wish i could see it again on AXN...

"OJI the Section Chief" as in Kacho Ouji, AKA Black Heaven? I've only seen the first 7 epsiodes, but I don't remember that, so it must have been in a later episode? That's one series I'll have to finish one of these days, another great one from AIC! I could be mistaken, but I'm somehow remembering that either Kajishima or Hayashi worked on that series? BTW, interesting note: Kacho Ouji means both Section Chief Ouji and Black Heaven in Japanese. I think..... MrWhat?

Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2003, 12:25:38 am »

Oh Yes.. I understand you cuz you can't understand them at all!

^^;

Actually, I speak English and Tagalog fluently. I understand them both perfectly.

I only disagree with your blanket statement, that "All Filippino voice actors are better than All English voice actors." I happen to like many Filippino dubbed animes (Ranma 1/2 was excellent), as I like many American and Canadian dubs. But this is merely a matter of preference. No one languaged dub is better than another; you may think so, but this is only because of your personal preference.

I get into a lot of these types of arguments with the "ANIME IS ONLY TO BE LISTENED TO IN JAPANESE" purists. They keep yappin that I'm stupid and intellectually devoid because I prefer listening to the English version instead of the subtitled version, and I keep stabbing them in the belly with a pencil to shut them the hell up. Like I said, personal preference.

I Care Deep
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2003, 03:17:53 am »

and I keep stabbing them in the belly with a pencil to shut them the hell up.

That is a great mental image! XD

You made my day LGJ!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2003, 03:18:23 am by ifurita » Logged

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Aya Mikage
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2003, 03:20:45 am »

Actually, I speak English and Tagalog fluently. I understand them both perfectly.

I only disagree with your blanket statement, that "All Filippino voice actors are better than All English voice actors." I happen to like many Filippino dubbed animes (Ranma 1/2 was excellent), as I like many American and Canadian dubs. But this is merely a matter of preference. No one languaged dub is better than another; you may think so, but this is only because of your personal preference.

You understand our wikang Tagalog?! :o Are you an alien or a Filipino?

---------

Sowwie bout that everyone. But as for Lord God Jinnai since you understand the wikang Tagalog, you should have appreciated the VA talents of Filipinos.. I guess you're a foreigner and you didn't have much time listening how the VA's elaborate their characters.... And it's not only Ranma 1/2 but there are more! All animes being aired on GMA and ABS-CBN are being dubbed in Tagalog..(Refer to the anime lists)  I guess you didn't watch and listen to them..

;)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2003, 03:23:48 am by ifurita-sama » Logged

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars &amp; Loud Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2003, 05:02:38 am »

OK, I know I'm just as guilty as everyone else in this thread........... But when things slowly begin building into a flame war it's time to lock things up.

BTW, LGJ was born in the Phillipines. And has quite a few stories he can tell you. So why don't you two just continue fighting it out via PM eh?  ^^;

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines