Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:18:50 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  List Your Birthdays Here NOW - urgent!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print
Author Topic: List Your Birthdays Here NOW - urgent!!  (Read 17694 times)
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2003, 08:03:43 pm »

No, if you aren't watching sixth-generation copies of fansubs (or, better yet, sixth-generation copies of RAW anime) you just ain't watching it RIGHT! XO

Uh, that's kinda sorta how I got started, DLing Xth-generation Kodocha digi-subs  ^^;

Is this just a fad you're going through, or do you think you'll still be watching cartoons when you're thirty? ;D

I'm about as big a Doctor Who fan at 34YO as I was at 14YO  ^_^V  The local PBS station began running Doctor Who in early 1983.  Just think, I was literally a Doctor Who fan before Rob was born.

Anime, Music, Computers.
The three pillars of my life, till death do I part.
And you can quote me on that  8)

Works for me too  ;D
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2003, 08:55:59 pm »

But I must admit, of all fandoms I've ever filtered through, this one has cost me the most money.

LOL! Yes, indeed there is no way to phrase it more accurately. Although, if you had been warned in advance, would you have still gotten into it? I'm not much of a merchandise collector, so pretty much all of my anime money goes into DVDs (and VHS tapes back when that was "the thing") and the occasional manga graphic novel. It's still alot of money, but I manage to control myself somehow.  

So basically... I BETTER KEEP LIKING IT.   ;)

The good news is, there's a whole wide world of anime out there just waiting to grab you by the wallet and occupy your every thought, every waking moment! But seriously, there are alot of ways to satiate your hunger for anime and manga without spending too much money. Renting and borrowing is always a good way to go. Check your smaller local video stores for any anime gems hidden away in the back corner. Inquire at local libraries and see what they got. Results vary by region, but alot of libraries in my area (including the branch I work at) carry manga graphic novels and even the occasional anime video. You may plan to frequent viewings by anime clubs at local universities. Many of them are open to membership from non-students. And of course, there's always IRC and Bit Torrent! Not much of an IRC person myself, but I comb through a couple BT trackers on a daily basis and often turn up some great things.

Anime, Music, Computers.
The three pillars of my life, till death do I part.
And you can quote me on that  8)

Yeah..... yeah, I'll have to agree with that as well! Well, maybe not the computer part so much. I love my computers, but I mainly only think of them as tools for downloading pr0n........ I mean, .. anime. Yes anime! That's what I meant to say. *WHEW*

BTW Raven, that's a hilarious Sakura avatar. She's my favorite!  ;D

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
theravenisdead
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2003, 03:44:14 pm »

Yeah..... yeah, I'll have to agree with that as well! Well, maybe not the computer part so much. I love my computers, but I mainly only think of them as tools for downloading pr0n........ I mean, .. anime. Yes anime! That's what I meant to say. *WHEW*

I built both mah desktops myself from parts, an AMD K6-2 500mhz and an AMD Duron 1.2ghz (soon to be Athlon 1800XP)
And my laptop has been repaired by me more times than I can count. *tried to hide the BIG crack on the case near the lower-left corner of the screen, a result of some tough love to fix the screen wiring*

BTW Raven, that's a hilarious Sakura avatar. She's my favorite!  

My fave from SW as well. I also like Sumire (If only for her snotty attitude ;D ) That shot of Sakura I screengrabbed from my copy of Sakura Wars TV Volume 1 DVD, from episode 4 (when she and Iris are walking down the street and being followed by a huge crowd of fans  ::) Much to their annoyance  ^^; )
« Last Edit: October 22, 2003, 03:46:44 pm by theravenisdead » Logged
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2003, 05:57:39 pm »

*tried to hide the BIG crack on the case near the lower-left corner of the screen, a result of some tough love to fix the screen wiring*

Reminds me of when I had trouble fitting a Zip drive into the chassis of an older computer, and ended up using a hammer and chisel  ^^;
theravenisdead
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2003, 06:27:06 pm »

Reminds me of when I had trouble fitting a Zip drive into the chassis of an older computer, and ended up using a hammer and chisel  ^^;  

Ahh!, You've been where I have been and have felt my pain ^_^V

"When logic and patience fail, pull out the heavy artillery and get midevil"
« Last Edit: October 22, 2003, 06:28:07 pm by theravenisdead » Logged
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2003, 09:28:18 pm »

*tried to hide the BIG crack on the case near the lower-left corner of the screen, a result of some tough love to fix the screen wiring*

The second time I got my G3 back from being repaired, it developed an interesting problem where the desktop came up on the screen all squeezed together in the middle. Me thinks CrapUSA forgot to plug a wire or two back in properly when they replaced my video analog power board. A simple rap or two on the side usually fixed the problem.

My fave from SW as well. I also like Sumire (If only for her snotty attitude ;D ) That shot of Sakura I screengrabbed from my copy of Sakura Wars TV Volume 1 DVD, from episode 4 (when she and Iris are walking down the street and being followed by a huge crowd of fans  ::) Much to their annoyance  ^^; )

Heh heh, yeah I like Sumire alot as well. She's got major attitude, but she also has the skills to back it up. Cactus woman!

Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2003, 01:35:04 am »

Heh heh, yeah I like Sumire alot as well. She's got major attitude, but she also has the skills to back it up. Cactus woman!

Feh. For me, it's Maria all the way.

She has a GUN.

I Care Deep
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2003, 10:12:36 pm »

Well, my all time fave is Sakura. I have a thing for girls and swords. I just like Sumire because she has that sexy/bitchy air about her, j00 kn0w? Maria is great, too. She always going -.- Oh yeah, and Orihime is rad too. She's such a nutter.

Ragnarok Addict
Bugrom Forces

Ragnarok Addict is now Knight Level 71. WOW!

Yahoo Instant Messenger - silver_rave4plue@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2003, 05:06:04 am »

About SAKURA WARS?!

Oh men that Anime sucks. I had enough out of it... It is always aired on AXN-ASIA... At first, I like it but since it was aired almost everyday, it spoiled me.. yuck.. the OPENING SONG SUCK with that trumpet thingy...

Here in the Philippines, TV Stations Air many animes from Sunday to Saturday.

Maybe Aya and Tsuzuki watch Sakura Wars too..

HERE ARE AXN-ASIA'S ANIME LINE UP:

GALAXY ANGELS
AYASHI NO CERES --> Aya loves this
RANMA 1/2 (FOR AN HOUR)

I only give axn for now!

Share an adventure with thousands of Filipino players in real-time.

Choose your role: Swordsman, Thief, Mage, Merchant, Acolyte or Archer.

Play cooperatively by forming adventure parties to complete a quest and play competitively by
theravenisdead
« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2003, 05:31:17 am »

Excert from 'The Otaku's Creed':

"If you don't have anything good to say about a particular anime in public, don't say anything at all."

So noted.
DNAngel Daisuke
Bugrom Forces

.: Health is Wealth :. I thank you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2003, 07:14:33 pm »

"If you don't have anything good to say about a particular anime in public, don't say anything at all."

So noted.

^^; Although that may be a creed but my vro doesn't want to uphold it. HEHEHE
Ragnarok-unichan has  very dark bad blood for SAKURA WARS.  He hates it - a lot!

Ragnarok_addict posted
Here in the Philippines, TV Stations Air many animes from Sunday to Saturday.

Yup, yup ,yup! AXN-ASIA is definitely a good source for Animes.

These are the animes AXN is airing or have aired:

Gensoumaden Saiyuki
Flame of Recca
Shinhakkenden
Samurai X
El Hazard the Mysterious World, Alternative World, magnificent world 1 and 2.
Fushigi Yuugi Series and OAVs
Vandread and Vandread the Second Stage
Sol Bianca
Metropolis
Yami no Matsuei (yaoi) - Tsuzuki's Anime maybe..
Ayashi no Ceres
Ranma 1/2
Boys Be...
Dragon Ball / Z Series
Eden's Bowy
Shadow Skill
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Galaxy Angels
Dual!
Sakura Wars
... more!!  ^^;

AXN-ASIA is great!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2003, 07:17:13 pm by iria-sama » Logged

Do you think of me?
Do you dream of me?
I always dream about you.

Do you think of me?
Do you dream of me?
I always dream about you.

All that lies in me,
All that dies in me.
How can I live without you?
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2003, 07:22:52 pm »

So noted.

Here here! Words of wisdom indeed.

Sounds like the Phillipines is similar to almost every other country in the world, except the USA! And by that I mean, everybody else gets a great selection of quality anime programming. My friend in Honduras says they have Saint Seiya, Silent Mobius, Burn Up eXcess, Eat Man and many other great anime on Honduran TV. Here in the states we get DBZ...........and umm, DBZ. Most people - outside of the anime circles - in the States still seem to think that anime is some pop culture trending that's bound to die out sooner or later.  ^^;

Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2003, 11:17:26 pm »

Here in the states we get DBZ...........and umm, DBZ. Most people - outside of the anime circles - in the States still seem to think that anime is some pop culture trending that's bound to die out sooner or later.  ^^;

I dunno if that's giving Cartoon Network fair credit. After all, they have anime up the wazoo, including Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Saint Seiya (as Knights of the Zodiac), YuGiOh, YuYu Hakusho, and Zoids, and that's just the heavily edited, prime time stuff. On Adult Swim throw in Inu-Yasha (currently on haitus, I'll grant), Cowboy Bebop, Blue Gender, FLCL (of all things), and one other that I forget, plus, in the past, have shown Lupin the 3rd, Gundam of every incarnation just about, they practically championed the third and fourth seasons of Sailor Moon, and have helped pay the bill for the second season of the Big O.

If you don't want to include Cartoon Network because it's a cable station, that's fine. YuGiOh, Pokemon, Vision of Escaflowne, Shaman King, Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Cardcaptor Sakura, Mega Man Battle Network, and others have all shown on regular channels at one point or another (most of them heavily edited).

And there's probably a bunch of title's I'm missing. So, I wouldn't precisely say we're hurtin' for anime. I wouldn't even say we're hurtin' for GOOD anime, since Cartoon Network shows some quality stuff if you look for it. I think this may just be a case of the grass lookin' greener on the other side of the fence, Saucer. ;D

The 1337 poster
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2003, 01:08:03 am »

Heh, speaking of Philippino tv, my brother was just recently there and he told me a most peculiar story. He said that most of the anime are either dubbed into tagalog (the majority language of the country) or just the American dubbed ones. The weirdest thing is, some of the shows are actually dubbed by Filippino companies using Filippino actors, yet they speak their lines in English! He told me that it was a very psychedelic experience watching such shows.

Are the licenses to airing the American episodes that expensive?

I Care Deep
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2003, 08:09:37 am »

If you don't want to include Cartoon Network because it's a cable station, that's fine. YuGiOh, Pokemon, Vision of Escaflowne, Shaman King, Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Cardcaptor Sakura, Mega Man Battle Network, and others have all shown on regular channels at one point or another (most of them heavily edited).

:: sniffs ::

** ahem **

WHAT THEY DID TO "ROCKMAN EXE" --- AKA "MEGAMAN NT WARRIOR" --- IS UNFORGIVABLE!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS ONE OF THE WORST DUBS I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG ASS TIME!

THE VOICES WERE INAPPROPRIATE FOR THEIR AGES. AND THE VOICE ACTORS SUCKED IN GENERAL. WHY DO THEY INSIST ON INSERTING LAME WORD PLAY PUNS INTO THE DIALOGUE?!!!! FOR ONCE I'D _LOVE_ TO SEE THE US DO A SHOW WHERE ROCKMAN DOES _NOT_ USE THE ADJECTIVE "MEGA" IN HALF OF HIS SENTENCES!!!!

THE NEW, "IMPROVED," INTRO SUCKED ASS THE ORIGINAL THEME WAS ABOUT 60 BILLION TIMES BETTER!

THEY CHANGED ALL THE MUSIC SO THAT IT WAS ALL DARK AND ANGSTY WHEN THE SHOW WAS ORIGINALLY FAIRLY FUNNY AND THE MUSIC WAS APPROPRIATE FOR THE INTENDED MOOD!

AND THE ORIGINAL SHOW WAS ALL ABOUT THE FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN ROCKMAN AND NETTO! THEY COMPLETELY MISSED THE POINT OF THE SERIES! IT'S NOT ABOUT KICKING ASS! IT'S ABOUT FRIENDSHIP AND TEAMWORK, THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN HUMANS AND MACHINES AND THE DESIRE TO FIGHT FOR WHAT IS RIGHT! NOT A BUNCH OF PUNK ASS, MIDDLE SCHOOL KIDS WHO ARE TRYING TO BE BAD ASSES!

IT WAS BULLSHIT!!!! BULLSHIT I TELL YOU!!!!

Ok I'm over it... well not really but I'm done typing about it.

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines