Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:02:15 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Will there be OAV3?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Will there be OAV3?  (Read 4036 times)
fesodes
« on: August 21, 2003, 02:29:42 pm »

Just wondering if someone is working on a new series for EL-Hazard.  I personally would love to see makoto and Ifurita together on Earth or Makoto discovering a way to get Ifurita out of the Eye of God (is Ifurita trapped in the Eye of God or is she waiting for Makoto on Earth?).

Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2003, 08:49:45 pm »

She is at earth

Who can say if a new one will happan might do on it's 10th year like they are doign with Tenchi OVA 3

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2003, 10:10:48 pm »

Tenchi, of course, being much more popular than El-Hazard with more incarnations than you can shake a stick at.

From what I've heard from various board members, OAV3 was a plan that lost funding early on I believe.  Of course, noting that things kind of had a downward trend of creativity IMO with OAV2 and then just outright bad writing mistakes in AW (the plotholes in particular), I fear what would happen if they carry it any further.  Although, on the plotholes point, perhaps OAV3 was meant to answer many of them and wrap it all up in a neat package, so perhaps I speak too soon.  :P

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2003, 02:49:13 pm »

Just wondering if someone is working on a new series for EL-Hazard.  I personally would love to see makoto and Ifurita together on Earth or Makoto discovering a way to get Ifurita out of the Eye of God (is Ifurita trapped in the Eye of God or is she waiting for Makoto on Earth?).

While not animation, there have been several fan fiction authors who have accepted the challenge of continuing the story Makoto and Ifurita began in OVA1.  One of my favorites depicts many interesting facets of their story, including the unimaginable frustrations Makoto experienced trying to be reunited with Ifurita and their joy at being reunited tempered with Ifurita's need to atone for her crimes against humanity.

The story arcs present additional challenges for Makoto and Ifurita in Makoto's own Japan and develop several of the background characters to their full potential.  Miz, Allielle and Qawool all have significant roles to play.  And we have an opportunity to see how Nanami's and Shayla's jealousy towards Ifurita for capturing Makoto's heart finally reaches resolution.

Look up the "Earth" series and the "Reunited" side story by Ken Wolfe.  It's considered "fanon" by many, and may well be one of the best fanfict series I've read.  (Ken's "Secrets" is one of my faves from the Moonie-verse.)  You can find it at Ken's web site at:

http://www.mts.net/~kenwolfe/fanfic.html

And if you like what you see, I'm sure Ken would appreciate hearing from you via email.

kenwolfe@mts.net

Dooky's "The Shape of Things to Come" is also an enjoyable read, I thought.  Makoto and Ifurita's relationship takes a smaller role in this series, though the character development with Rune, Alielle and Fatora makes it worth the price of admission.  Dooky gets points from me for being one of the few fictwriters I've read who has really answered the question "What to do with Parnasse?"

I've also enjoyed everything Eric Adcock (Mr. What) has ever written.  Then again, he writes for both EH and Oh My Goddes, probably two of my all time favorites.  

Both Adcock and Dooky's works can be found on the fanfiction.net site:

http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1030976

http://www.fanfiction.net/profile.php?userid=208881

Alan Harnum's "Mortal Engines" is also a noteable work in that it gives some Fatora some endearing and redeeming qualities.  The one flaw I found in the work is that it's unfinished; Harnum bailed to focus on Utena fiction years ago.  And he had just hit his stride, too. >:(

--me

Mark Engels

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2003, 05:41:22 pm »

As soon as KnB forum comes back online, and I'm able to contact Lord of Nightmares, I'll ask her to give me the full scoop again. She was the one who told me about it originally. There most defintely was a third OVA in the planning stages. But the budget never came through. I'll post a brief synopsis and any other details I can get from her.

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines