Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:33:08 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Gamespot suXx0r
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gamespot suXx0r  (Read 3645 times)
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« on: August 14, 2003, 12:33:51 am »

Once upon a time, Gamespot used to offer all kinds of movies and screenshots for free. Then, they started demanding money from users. Occasionally throwing a few free things are way. Now, they make you register just to get the free stuff. OK, fine I can live with that. Except for when I got the follwoing error message upon trying to download a vid:

"We are sorry. This protected delivery is only available through Kontiki's secure delivery software running on a Windows PC (Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98, or NT4).

Please try to access this content through a computer running Microsoft Windows."

Ha ha, that's great. Fuck you, too.

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 03:40:04 am »

I feel you, man. I've looooong given up on that site. And NOW, it's not just that you have to register to get stuff. Nope. If you're not registered, you get close to nothing. If you ARE, you get a little bit of news and MAYBE a trailer once it's been a month and a half since it was released to the general public. Want anything more? SORRY! GIVE US MONEY FIRST KTHX!!!1

Yargh. Gamespot is clearly a touchy subject for me.  -_-

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2003, 07:54:11 am »

"We are sorry. This protected delivery is only available through Kontiki's secure delivery software running on a Windows PC (Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98, or NT4).

Please try to access this content through a computer running Microsoft Windows."

That is just the definition of wrong.  Reminds me how some people used to practice this the other way -- if you had Internet Explorer, you weren't allowed into their site (which is easily accomplished via a script because that's part of the info sent with all URL requests)

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2003, 05:54:52 pm »

Yeah, I remember website that would block either Netscape or IE users. A terribly rude and pointless gesture.

While I'm on the subject, a little bit of light Windows bashing in good fun, please no one take offense. ^^; This is from my network's Tech Support Listserve; "As you know, the Blaster worm is rampant. EVERYONE NEEDS TO DOWNLOAD THE PATCH FROM MICROSOFT  (except those of you using Macs, or Linux, or UNIX - you can just laugh right now....)" ^^;;; And something else, spotted in NY. This is the big Macy's sign on the corner of 34th and 7th in Manhattan. http://www.cs.usm.maine.edu/~mccann/macys/macy1.jpg

IGN sucks too. At least they let you DL a few things before they say you've used up your alotted free multimedia for the day. And their website loads SO SLOW. Banners and pop-ups re one thing. But what's the point of forcefeeding someone on a dial-up with a slow computer huge flash ads that they won't be able to see because it crashes their computer? Bad marketing, IMHO.

Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2003, 07:01:25 pm »

http://www.el-hazardonline.net/El-Hazard/temp/rob/2002-08-14.030.encouraging-sign-BSOD-on-flight-screen.jpeg
« Last Edit: August 17, 2003, 07:01:41 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2003, 07:09:19 pm »

http://www.el-hazardonline.net/El-Hazard/temp/rob/2002-08-14.030.encouraging-sign-BSOD-on-flight-screen.jpeg

LOL!!! That reminds me, of when we first started getting PCs running XP at my work and we were getting the XP blue screen of death. Quite baffling. Then, I went to a seminar on the Patriot Act and what to do when the FBI comes into your work demanding this and that. And as I walked in, right there on the screen was projected a giant XP Blue screen of death. I told our IT person and she got a kick out of it. We've done presentation in our own branch before, and I've looked up on the wall and seen a gigantic Illegal Operation error box. ^^;

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines