Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:07:16 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Alternative World Episode 13 Rant
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Alternative World Episode 13 Rant  (Read 10147 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2003, 10:24:48 pm »

Lar, it'll be one of the most interesting topics of your life that you'll never learn enough about until someone tells you or you figure it out yourself.  And even the things people tell you might not be substantial enough on their own.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
bakasama
Dimension Traveler

Yu get ta barnin'... kimi na shiku...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2003, 10:40:09 pm »

Makoto: He gets a nosebleed.

Let me add to this. Nosebleeds in Anime usually signify that the character is thinking mischaevous thoughts. In effect, the brain sends a message to the heart to pump faster, and ultimately blood rushes to the head... in males, which head?  :-[ Hoooo boy, that was difficult to explain while trying to keep a PG rating.

Gaaah, Got a Clip o that scene, Jinnai? ;D

Wooooooo..........
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2003, 10:43:34 pm »

I can make one in a few seconds, just tell me what "scene" you want; the whole thing, or just the nose?

bakasama
Dimension Traveler

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2003, 11:14:26 pm »

it would be nice if we had the whole scene in slow-mo, gif format... ;D

but if that's too much to ask, you could just have the naked Qawoor pic, and the nosebleeding can be seen as a reflection on the monitor...

Wooooooo..........
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2003, 01:25:34 am »

Uhm... :P
Nosebleed and Qawool are two different scenes...

But here's a couple [crappy] MPEG2 files

(Warning: This is the most extreme for El-Hazard fan service)

Shayla, Nanami, and Afura (7.3MB)
Qawool (slightly chopped up, 9.9MB)

If you want a GIF from this stuff, you'd have to be specific (and reasonable ;p)

Something I only recently noted.  It seems Nanami, Shayla, and Afura are all simulataneously molested... BUT only Fatora and Alielle are out to do this stuff.  More proof that this episode and all its goodies exist merely as someone who wanted to do on-the-edge-of-hentai fan service really bad without making it an actual plot event.  

Ironically I probably would recant most of my defense for this episode.  :P  But all I can say is... you either like it or you don't, don't try to think about it too hard.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2003, 01:26:48 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

bakasama
Dimension Traveler

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2003, 07:38:43 am »

Uh,  :-[

*thinks of an excuse of not knowing el-hazard scene cronology properly*

Ummmm.....

*bangs head for a memory so vague, to a time when anime shown over cable was still in english...*

Uhhhh....

*Realizes no excuse would do but say...*

Gomen! Spare me for having only home copies of OAV1 & 2!

Oh yeah, Thanks, Jinnai! You the Man!

Wooooooo..........
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2003, 02:41:05 pm »

but if that's too much to ask, you could just have the naked Qawoor pic, and the nosebleeding can be seen as a reflection on the monitor...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!! Good one!

BTW Bakasama, that's a great Miyuki animated gif!

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2003, 03:26:14 pm »

If your gonna talk dirty you can rate it 12 or 15. don't worry. You might scare El though. She's about to do 'reproduction' in science.

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2003, 05:13:20 pm »

If your gonna talk dirty you can rate it 12 or 15. don't worry. You might scare El though. She's about to do 'reproduction' in science.

At my work (a Library) the other day I happened accross a large-ish coffee table type book called "From Conception to Birth." Of course, the chapter on "Conception" was only a single page blurry photo of something that vaguely resembled a bed. But I think we all know where babies come from anyway, so......... ^^;

MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2003, 10:07:49 pm »

My AW ep 13 complaint list is still pretty much the same as the last time I replied to this topic, on another forum-- low production values, Afura's IQ dropping about 100 points, and Fatora and Alielle more-or-less raping Kauru.  Ick.  It's my least favorite EH anime.

So her little act in OAV2 where she directly grabs Nanami and is trying to force her there and immediately into sex wasn't? ;p

Well, in one case, you have a fully-clothed Fatora feeling up a fully-clothed Nanami, and Nanami is aware enough of what's going on to push Fatora away.  In the other case, you have a half-naked Fatora and Alielle, kneeling over a naked and wet Kauru (ugh, I'm getting too old for things like this), and Kauru is scared enough to scream.

Another thing that ick'ed me is-- why was I put off when Fatora and Alielle overpower Kauru, and Kauru screams, but it didn't automatically bother me when Deva has the bugs overpower Jinnai, and Jinnai screams?  I mean, non-consentual is non-consentual.  I shouldn't be entertained by either case.
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2003, 01:39:21 pm »

I really don't know what to think of it.  I used to defend AW and all content as much as I'd defend the original OAV.  Then I took the stick out of my backside and acknowledged it's probably one of the worst jobs done for El-Hazard.  It really shows none of the original creative effort put into any of the other versions I've ever seen in my lifetime, and that includes all of the spinoffs: OAV2, Wanderers, the Manga, and the Sega Saturn.  

Every one of these had something about them that felt like El-Hazard.

Alternative World was like mid-grade fanfiction... it was written by someone who almost cares about El-Hazard, but has just enough of things they they personally want to see (customized Makoto relationship, molestation, etc) that they break continuity and established ground just to insert themselves.

Granted I could possibly be held responsible for things that I do, but I mean, if you're going to try your own ideas, they have to be logically connected, not randomly inserted.  The fact that AW13 wasn't even done well (how can you molest 3 girls when there's only 2 molesters?) just shows what the real goal was.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2003, 01:40:36 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

d.t.
Bugrom Forces

Kishin No Sekai

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2003, 06:07:14 pm »

Another thing that ick'ed me is-- why was I put off when Fatora and Alielle overpower Kauru, and Kauru screams, but it didn't automatically bother me when Deva has the bugs overpower Jinnai, and Jinnai screams?  I mean, non-consentual is non-consentual.  I shouldn't be entertained by either case.

This one's easy to explain I'm afraid.  Jinnai is not an innocent.  Jinnai is a villain, and he was getting his come-uppance.  Furthermore, it wasn't exactly out of character (like Alielle's actions) and it wasn't drawn out as long.  There was also a matter-of-factness to it.  Diva needed a viable mate, Jinnai was there, that was all there was too it.  She didn't seem to be getting any perverse pleasure from it like Fatara and Alielle.  

But come on, it was the only direct to video episode of a series that should have entirely been direct to video.  What more needs to be said?

"You're going to dump me, your childhood friend, for a little chippie with a precocious set of melons?!" -Nanami
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2003, 09:51:56 pm »

Furthermore, it wasn't exactly out of character (like Alielle's actions) and it wasn't drawn out as long.  There was also a matter-of-factness to it.  Diva needed a viable mate, Jinnai was there, that was all there was too it.  She didn't seem to be getting any perverse pleasure from it like Fatara and Alielle.

Right.  Guardians of Order's RPG guidebook for El-Hazard also makes a great, well-written point about general insectoid hive mentality.  So it can be fairly easy to agree at least with Diva's goal that, as queen, what must be done to advance and protect the hive is thusly done.

And Neil always said that Jinnai would probably found he enjoyed it later ;) though I suppose its debatable...

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2003, 10:28:52 pm »

For obvious reasons, I'm suddenly reminded of the story from the El Hazard Comic Anthology where Jinnai is gonna hook up with the harem of Bugrom chicks, only to find out they're half insectoid. ^^;

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2003, 11:21:06 pm »

That's the best bit of insight I've ever heard on that story.  :P

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length