Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:05:45 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  A little something for Doctor Who fans...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: A little something for Doctor Who fans...  (Read 6624 times)
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2003, 03:00:32 am »

As there are some fans of television's longest-running science fiction show here, I just thought I'd share something neat that I managed to find on the net.

Behold! Tom Baker prank calls!

It's a collection of skits done by a radio show called Dead Ringers in the UK. In this collection, a very excellent Fourth Doctor impersonator makes a variety of prank calls. He phones up a hotel for to make a reservation, QVC to make an order, Directory Assistance for the date, the actor who played the 7th Doctor, and even Tom Baker himself! This thing was pretty hillarious.

Sadly, most of the files are dead. But there are still a few that work.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2003, 03:08:27 am by lord_god_jinnai » Logged

I Care Deep
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2003, 03:47:40 am »

Heh heh. Dr Who is probably the best SF TV series ever, IMHO. A local PBS station used to run it in blocks on Sunday nights around here. I don't know if it's still on, I don't get TV reception in the hills where I'm at now.  ^^;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2003, 08:12:38 pm »

Thanks.  Yeah, I found those on my own awhile back.

Speaking of Tom Baker.  Is it true that he's working on the game show "Fort Boyard" now?  Not that Doctor Who was high art, but it's a bit of a letdown to see the guy working on a show that regularly features mud wrestling  ^^;
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2003, 01:08:05 am »

Yes, it's sad really. Like the fate of all Scifi icons, Tom Baker was unable to get any decent acting work after Doctor Who, as he kept getting typecasted. He's appeared in many forms of crap ever since, like QVC, Australian Telephone commercials, and the Dungeons & Dragons movie.

Oh well, at least my favorite Doctor (Sylvester McCoy) still has decent parts. He was actually the second choice to play Bilbo Baggins in Lord of the Rings, but stupid Ian Holm stole the part from him! Grrr...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2003, 01:11:34 am by lord_god_jinnai » Logged

I Care Deep
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2003, 05:39:12 pm »

Type-casting... it is what you make of it I suppose. ^^;

Vincent Price was a Shakespearian actor. But, he got type-cast because of his involvement in B horror films. He was asked once why he kept doing them why he didn't try to break out of that field. He replied that, it was work and was better than being unemployed. ^^;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2003, 05:42:02 pm »

WOO HOO!!
Aya Mikage
Demon God(ess)

Does she look like Ifurita? She's a mage...

ICQ Messenger - 245860247 AOL Instant Messenger - ifurita214 Yahoo Instant Messenger - tenyo_aya_mikage
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2003, 10:17:15 pm »

;D

Love prank calls?

They disturb me all the time..

How could be a prank call so relevant for that site?

"In the future, you will fall under the control of the star of darkness."

"I see blood, anger, and sadness -- the destruction of the equilibrium of everything in this world."

"On the day when the 16th star an
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2003, 01:47:13 am »

I know I should be exited but... I'm not. Whenever I get excited about "new" Doctor Who, I usually end up pretty disappointed.

I almost peed my pants when the 1996 Fox tv movie came out, as it was NEW Doctor Who, with a Sylvester McCoy cameo. Well, the movie stunk and Sylv didn't even get any decent lines.

Then there was that Death Comes to Time webcast. A whole NEW Doctor Who internet adventure, starring my favorite, Sylvester McCoy! It started off great, with an excellent first chapter and great performances. Then the story started to plod down, and with the airing of the last ULTIMATE ATROCIOUS episode, I felt close to vomiting.

This NEWS is very exciting, but I'm not gonna waste my time anticipating it. I just know that I'll get disappointed in the end.  :bawl

I Care Deep
Fujisawa4654
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2003, 01:02:40 pm »

Uhmm.... I've heard better?

Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2003, 03:04:55 am »

Good for you.  

YES! I TOO CAN SPAM!

I Care Deep
Ragnarok Addict
Bugrom Forces

Ragnarok Addict is now Knight Level 71. WOW!

Yahoo Instant Messenger - silver_rave4plue@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2003, 02:57:52 am »

This is a spam....

Spam
Spam
Spam
Spam
Spam
Spam
Spam
Spam
Spam

I Eat SPAM!

Share an adventure with thousands of Filipino players in real-time.

Choose your role: Swordsman, Thief, Mage, Merchant, Acolyte or Archer.

Play cooperatively by forming adventure parties to complete a quest and play competitively by
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2003, 08:37:18 am »

RULES:
No SPAM topics. All topics must have some sort of defined point. If they become SPAM later and don't avert, then they may be locked.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2003, 02:18:44 pm »

Here's another thing for the Doctor Who fans to enjoy...

Which Incarnation of the Doctor are You?

You are the Seventh Doctor: Brooding, enigmatic, soulful, and occasionally silly. There are a great many mysteries lurking behind your ancient eyes, and even your closest companions aren't allowed to know the full extent of your schemes and concerns. You are often downright manipulative, using friends and adversaries alike as chess pieces in a private game against the universe. Your wrath is slow to build, but terrible when aroused, and you are slowly settling old scores with threats across the cosmos.

I Care Deep
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2003, 03:14:31 pm »

Which Incarnation of the Doctor are You?

Mr. What's result:

You are the First Doctor: Irascible, brusque, and occasionally condescending and rude. You do not suffer fools gladly, nor do you harbor any false modesty about your capabilities. You have a sharp tongue, though you're first-class company when you're in a good mood.

Huh.  Oh well, I suppose that suits me, as the old man of this message board.  And now I have an excuse to be irascible, brusque, and occasionally condescending and rude  :P
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2003, 01:38:31 pm »

Well, for the amusement of all you Doctor Who fans, here's the results of the test taken by someone who knows next to nothing about Doctor Who! ^_^V

You are the Second Doctor: Affable, impish, and fond of simple pleasures as well as simple pranks. Your mischievous exterior camouflages a powerful mind and a great deal of courage. Although you care nothing for appearances, you place a high value on the bonds of true and lasting friendship.

Yeah, I'll buy that. XD

The 1337 poster
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines