Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:31:46 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  If Steven Spielberg will make the El Hazard movie>
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: If Steven Spielberg will make the El Hazard movie>  (Read 13621 times)
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2003, 12:22:47 pm »

He's scaring me. HELP!!! *I know it ain't me he's hitting on, but hey! He's scaring me anyway. :P ;D *

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
theravenisdead
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2003, 12:28:29 pm »

You have not experienced fear untill you've watched an El Hazard episode play back in your mind, with Londs being played by an animated Richard Simmons.

Horror hath no furry  :bawl

On another note, he's trippin me out too  ^^;
« Last Edit: September 01, 2003, 12:29:31 pm by theravenisdead » Logged
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2003, 01:36:33 pm »

ARGH!!! :o OH THE HORROR!!!

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
DNAngel Daisuke
Bugrom Forces

.: Health is Wealth :. I thank you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2003, 09:05:20 am »

Hehe..

I came so late for this hot topic..

My opinion is if Stevie will really make an EH movie for Hidetomo Tsubura, i think it would be unpredictable..
^^;

Do you think of me?
Do you dream of me?
I always dream about you.

Do you think of me?
Do you dream of me?
I always dream about you.

All that lies in me,
All that dies in me.
How can I live without you?
Ragnarok Addict
Bugrom Forces

Ragnarok Addict is now Knight Level 71. WOW!

Yahoo Instant Messenger - silver_rave4plue@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2003, 09:02:08 pm »

Stevie wont make an El Hazard Movie anyway so whats the use??

Stevie makes his own movies from his own ideas. So why would he create this El Hazard Movie? That would insult him... I think planning to make an EH movie is stupid...

Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings Movies are better....

>:(

Share an adventure with thousands of Filipino players in real-time.

Choose your role: Swordsman, Thief, Mage, Merchant, Acolyte or Archer.

Play cooperatively by forming adventure parties to complete a quest and play competitively by
Makoto Mizuhara
Dimension Traveler

Mak-Daddy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2003, 12:07:19 am »

Stevie wont make an El Hazard Movie anyway so whats the use??

Stevie makes his own movies from his own ideas. So why would he create this El Hazard Movie? That would insult him... I think planning to make an EH movie is stupid...

Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings Movies are better....

>:(

Um... bit touchy on the subject, eh?  ^^;

Not to criticize your opinion, which everyone is entitled to have, but you may have been just a bit um... mean-spirited in your delivery.

Actually, Mr. Spielberg quite often does movies that are not based on his own ideas.  In fact, in the last 20 years, the hat he's worn most of all is that of "Executive Producer" which means that he may not be directly responsible for actually making the movie, he (Or in most cases, his comapnies Dreamworks or Amblin) is responsible for funding the films, making sure that they get made on time and on budget,  and making sure people go out and see them.

Some Notable films that Spielberg is attached to the credits but did not create:

Back to the Future
Shrek
An American Tail
Taken
Men In Black
Evolution

Plus several TV projects too numerous to count, including one of my favorite TV series as a child "Amazing Stories."

So, I'm not sure how much of an "Insult" it would be to suggest that he could produce an El-Hazard Movie, considering he's been doing projects based on other people's ideas for longer than most of us have been alive and pretty successfully too.

As for why people want to discuss their own hopes for such a thing as a Live-Action verison of El-Hazard, I see no need to call it "stupid."

Do I think it will ever happen?  Probably not. Nor do I really see AIC reviving the franchise.  But there's no need to go about and attack other people's wishful thoughts.  If they want to dream and speculate and hope and desire, why should the more cynical of us try and stomp on their fun.

They're merely expressing their fandom in the way they wish and I say "More power to them."  I express my fandom for El-Hazard in my own way.  Robby expresses his in his own way.  So does Spanner, and Yes, even LGJ (Though, his expression of fandom, for some reason, seems to constantly call for my head.)

Fandom is about being a fan of the work, not trying to be the "Best Fan."

El-Hazard Information, collected with TLC because of OCD...

(http://www.geocities.com/MakotosMWO/) http://www.el-hazardonline.net
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2003, 01:19:04 am »

... and Yes, even LGJ (Though, his expression of fandom, for some reason, seems to constantly call for my head.)

Nothin personal, Mak, jus' stayin in character.

**continues to sharpen axe**

I Care Deep
Aya Mikage
Demon God(ess)

Does she look like Ifurita? She's a mage...

ICQ Messenger - 245860247 AOL Instant Messenger - ifurita214 Yahoo Instant Messenger - tenyo_aya_mikage
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2003, 02:58:38 am »

*thinks of a powerful revenge to Ragnarok Addict*

This is for what you did to me on the Avatar issue at the " WHAT MAKES YOU BLUSH" topic and to other El Hazard related topic...

Revenge...revenge!!
Mr. Know-it-all! You dont know whats comin at ya!!
You should keep in mind that we all make mistakes >:(. And if someone commits a mistake, you should just keep your mouth shut...

And... How dare you say making and EH movie is STUPID?! Ubaka ZARU!

I think you want to make the EH all by yourself,huh?

BWAHAHAHAHAHWAHAHAHA..
I admit that I commit mistakes sometimes but I urge myself to learn!!

Shame on you, Ragnarok!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2003, 03:08:10 am by ifurita-sama » Logged

"In the future, you will fall under the control of the star of darkness."

"I see blood, anger, and sadness -- the destruction of the equilibrium of everything in this world."

"On the day when the 16th star an
Tsuzuki Asato
Bugrom Forces

" Ragnarok Hunter Level 67 "

View Profile Email
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2003, 03:48:16 am »

:o What?! You Ragnarok dude! You mess with my Aya. How dare you!

You kicked me on the ass on that Birthday thread with yer bro, DNAngel Daisuke and now... uuuuhhhh >:(!!

Let me get this straight to your throat,dude! Its okey to kick me on the ass but messing with Aya is a different issue...

-------0000000000000--------------

Steven would not be insulted... He'll be proud making the EH movie.. I hope he will notice El Hazard soon...

I tried to lose myself today
And hope this pain will go away
A thousand days I tried to waste
I feel the same but you're still okay

Don't take away your eyes
Coz I know you're beside me but I just can't
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2003, 07:44:28 am »

They're merely expressing their fandom in the way they wish and I say "More power to them."  I express my fandom for El-Hazard in my own way.  Robby expresses his in his own way.

Yup.  And I guess I have no reason to throttle you anymore ;D since I resigned as resident Jinnai.

The one you see before you (LGJ) is the REAL Jinnai around here.  

Well, that and I don't care about the petty issues anymore.  Whatever they were.

Aya, Tsuzuki, Ragnarok -- let's chill, huh?  Especially the last two; you guys ... I have no idea what you're doing, but you're making too many emoti-posts.  :P
« Last Edit: September 26, 2003, 07:51:38 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Aya Mikage
Demon God(ess)

Does she look like Ifurita? She's a mage...

ICQ Messenger - 245860247 AOL Instant Messenger - ifurita214 Yahoo Instant Messenger - tenyo_aya_mikage
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2003, 09:54:02 pm »

Okey Rob.... You can trust me... but not those two..

"In the future, you will fall under the control of the star of darkness."

"I see blood, anger, and sadness -- the destruction of the equilibrium of everything in this world."

"On the day when the 16th star an
Ragnarok Addict
Bugrom Forces

Ragnarok Addict is now Knight Level 71. WOW!

Yahoo Instant Messenger - silver_rave4plue@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2003, 07:41:21 am »

XO  Hehehe.. Okay.. No comment....

Share an adventure with thousands of Filipino players in real-time.

Choose your role: Swordsman, Thief, Mage, Merchant, Acolyte or Archer.

Play cooperatively by forming adventure parties to complete a quest and play competitively by
solaar
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2004, 02:45:52 pm »

>_>
<_<

*ahem* I return!  ^^; OK, so no one knows me. But I assure you that sometime ago, I posted muchly on this board. Biggest fan-boy of Alielle EVAH. Why return now? And in an old topic? Ehh... I dunno. Give me some time on that one.

But, I digress. Being somewhat of a film buff, I've been able to nail actors to certain parts pretty accuratley. (BTW, my Matthew McCoughnehey as Tony Stark/Iron Man casting still stands) So, I now volunteer my ability to the El-Hazard feature film.

First of all, let us all remember that some of the main characters in El-Hazard are very young adults. Jim Carrey as Jinnai is... stretching it. Second, I'm going to be using American actors. This would suggest that the Japanese characters in the movie will not be Japanese, and would most likely be given American names. Sad, but true. *ding* Ooh, good song... and third, there is no way in Hell that this all-star cast could ever be... well, cast. Along with the fantastical special effects that are needed, this movie would cost more than Star Wars. So, these are just actors and actresses whom I think could fill the roles best.

Makoto - This is the only one I was truly stumped on. Damn you Makoto, for being so obscure!

Nanami - Lindsey Lohan - Watch "Freaky Friday".

Jinnai - Matthew Lillard - Watch "Scream".

Mr. Fujisawa - Bill Pullman - Watch "Spaceballs".

Rune Venus - Drew Barrymore - Watch "Never Been Kissed".

Londs - Michael Clarke Duncan - Watch "The Whole Nine Yards".

Diva - Lucy Lawless - Watch "Eurotrip".

Galus - Christian Bale - Watch "American Psycho".

Alielle - Christina Ricci - Honestly, I don't have a specific movie to reference here. But her looks and personality could pull off Alielle, no problem. ^_^

Afura Mann - Sandra Bullock - Watch "Murder By Numbers".

Shayla Shayla - Julianne Moore - Watch "Evolution".

Miz - Uma Thurman - Watch "Kill Bill".

Ifurita - Nicole Kidman - Watch "Batman Forever".

Fatora - Rose McGowan - Watch "Charmed".

Now, I know some of you might have some qualms as to why I chose those particular actors and actresses. Well, that's why I tacked on the movie references. You want to see those people in similar roles? Watch those movies. And now... I take my leave. Back to work!
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2004, 05:46:08 pm »

Ifurita - Nicole Kidman - Watch "Batman Forever".

Let's cut movie costs and cast me as Ifurita... I think I can pull off the Iffy look.

And as for acting... I'm a teacher. I have to find ways to entertain 8 hours a day 5 days a week... :p sooo yeah... I can do that.

Actually, if I were to do things over again, I would have gone into theatre instead of art ed... buuuuuut I probably wouldn't have a job right now either ^^;

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
JockoMegane
Londs' Screen Time

A former roadie.

ICQ Messenger - 70106202 AOL Instant Messenger - SonOfJocko Yahoo Instant Messenger - jocko_megane
View Profile Email
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2004, 11:00:18 pm »

I have to say that Solaar's casting is pretty good.  On the choice of director, while Spielberg or Peter Jackson would do a credible job, I would prefer to think somewhat outside the box:

1.  Phillip Kaufman (mostly known for "The Right Stuff."  He can keep a long narrative going, and has an interest in a wide range of subjects.)

2.  Vincent Ward (excellant visual stylist, mostly known for being one of the fired directors of "Alien 3" and also for "What Dreams May Come.")

3.  Nicholas Meyer (he did Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn.  Solid hired gun/screenwriter when working with the right material.)

4.  Joe Johnston ("Rocketeer," "Hidalgo", "Jumanji."  Good sense of wonder.)

5. Ridley Scott  (if he has a good screenplay adaptation of El-Hazard, set him lose).

"Put it on a plate son, you'll enjoy it more."

"Couldn't enjoy it anymore, Mom.  Mmm-mmm-mmm.  This is swell."

- "Repo Man" (1984).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines