Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:02:54 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  If Steven Spielberg will make the El Hazard movie>
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: If Steven Spielberg will make the El Hazard movie>  (Read 13618 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2003, 05:37:38 pm »

I can't even remember what Jim Carrey looks like. :bawl

Not only does he have looks similar to Jinnai (especially the lower image, with just a little bit of make-up needed for perfection), but Carrey is a real-deal nutcase.  I don't know anyone better who could play Jinnai.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2003, 05:38:12 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2003, 10:31:09 am »

Woah! :o he does look almost exactly like him. I wonder if he realises that.  ^^;

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Makoto Mizuhara
Dimension Traveler

Mak-Daddy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2003, 10:33:08 am »

Posted by: fesodes Posted on: Aug 26th, 2003, 4:02pm
Makoto, you have any idea how much such a production would cost?  Btw, anyone know how much OAV 1 cost to produce?  

If this one is directed to me, then I guess I'll try to answer it, assuming that it wasn't a rhetorical question.

Question: How much would a movie production cost?  

Answer: As much as the financial backers are willing to spend.

Yep, the great burden that directors have to bear is that they have to often work around the limits of what they have, be it talent, resources, or funds.

Anything under the 5 million budget mark is usually considered to be a "Low Budget Movie." (Yeah, "Low"... I know I would kill for that kind of budget right now.)

However, low-budget doesn't necessarily mean "bad."  I've seen several movies that were produced for under 100,000 and they were terrific.  However, those movies were not dependent on high profile effects or expensive equipment.  Those movies were good because of quality scriptwriting and acting.  

A lot of famous directors started off by doing these "low-budget" films and even though the movies looked "cheap" they provided these people a chance to show what they could do when they don't HAVE the budget of their big studio brethren.  Because they can produce good movies without the high funds, studios were willing to give them shots on high profile projects with large budgets. Kevin Smith, Sam Raimi, Peter Jackson, etc...

However, back to the topic:  The budget for an El-Hazard film.   It's difficult to guess.  First of all, if you were trying to sell this license to a studio, you would have to convince people that THIS would be a movie that people will go out to see and therefore, any money invested will be made back and then, there will be a profit.

In all honesty, if you wanted to produce a GOOD version of El-Hazard on film, you would need a HUGE Budget.  Imagine the task you have staring you in the face:  Creating another world, creating armies of robotic-like bugs, creating a giant satelite in the sky.  For all these, you would have to build both sets and create special FX.

This type of project is something comparible to Lord of the Rings, which means you are looking at a likely 100 Million dollar budget requirement.

Now, if you can convince financial backers that an El-Hazard Movie would make that much to cover costs and then actually make a profit, then you are a silver tongued devil.

That's not to say that you couldn't do an El-Hazard movie on a smaller budget.  Corners can always be cut.  Just remember this Hollywood adage:

"You get what you pay for."

Sorry to be a buzzkill, but Hollywood is a cruel bitch-goddess.  

El-Hazard Information, collected with TLC because of OCD...

(http://www.geocities.com/MakotosMWO/) http://www.el-hazardonline.net
Aya Mikage
Demon God(ess)

Does she look like Ifurita? She's a mage...

ICQ Messenger - 245860247 AOL Instant Messenger - ifurita214 Yahoo Instant Messenger - tenyo_aya_mikage
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2003, 11:13:23 pm »

HEY ROB!!

YOU HAve a nice JIM CARREY and JINNAI Pic!!! Gosshhh!! Its really funny! I think it should be Jim Carey as JINNAI KATSUHIKO!!

-----olololololo------

To those who are new to this topic and is too busy to go at the first page of this topic, PLEASE READ...

hey again people!

If Steven Spielberg discovers the great story of El Hazard and decides to make a movie out of it, who is the best hollywood actor/actresses would you like to play as your favorite El Hazard fan?

For me:

Ifurita
   - it should be Nicole Kidman because of her hair and vital statistics. It fits Ifurita.  
   - or Angelina Jolie of Tomb Raider
   - ME!!!!   ;D ;D =,] ::) :-X -_-

Makoto
    - it should be ....... uhh.... I don't know yet

Jinnai
- it should be Jim Carey because of his laugh or somethin.

Rune Venus
 - Me... hehehehe

So what about yours? Let it be heard!!      

------ololololololo--------

NOT UPDATED YET???

"In the future, you will fall under the control of the star of darkness."

"I see blood, anger, and sadness -- the destruction of the equilibrium of everything in this world."

"On the day when the 16th star an
Aya Mikage
Demon God(ess)

ICQ Messenger - 245860247 AOL Instant Messenger - ifurita214 Yahoo Instant Messenger - tenyo_aya_mikage
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2003, 11:20:50 pm »

MAKOTO!!  Oh my DARlin' Makoto! :-*

I think you're right.....
BUT The Possibilities are still endless...

If El Hazard Movie is very expensive cuz of the setups... I think STEVEN SPIELBERG would be challenged...

EL HAZARD Would be A POTENTIAL HOLLYWOOD Hit!!

;D ;)

"I see blood, anger, and sadness -- the destruction of the equilibrium of everything in this world."

Aya Mikage
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2003, 01:25:24 am »

Hey guys!

Is my picture viewable or not?

Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2003, 07:56:12 am »

Hey guys!

Is my picture viewable or not?

*Shakes head* Nope, at least not by me. All I get is the standard red X for a nonviewable image in Internet Explorer.

The 1337 poster
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2003, 09:22:55 am »

If you manually copy and paste the URL to the image -- http://www.geocities.com/goddessiphreeta/mainpicside.gif -- into a blank IE window (enter address "about:blank") it'll view it.  Alternatively, you go to her site first (http://www.geocities.com/goddessiphreeta/) and then C+P the URL into the window currently viewing the page.  Both of these are to bypass the anti-offsite linking policy of Geocities that's not allowing this to work.  (That is, people coming from el-hazardonline.net are not allowed to directly access images and other non-HTML/text data from Geocities.)

Fortunately, there's a solution provided by me.  Store your avatar right here!

http://www.el-hazardonline.net/cgi-bin/eholup/upload.cgi

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2003, 01:13:38 pm »

Haven't we had both of these conversations before?  :-/

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2003, 05:00:44 pm »

Oooooh! Thanks a lot, Rob! That'll be delightful for people like me, who have no reliable webspace... ^_^;

Now you'll get to see my sidepic aaaaall the tiiiiiiime! |D

*throws confetti!*

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Aya Mikage
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2003, 03:17:44 am »

>:( I Had enough of my PIC!!
:bawl
Ahhh.....

Thanks Rob for your help.

Arigaato guzaimasu

SO I GUESS MY PIC IS VIEWABLE NOW.... ;D -_-

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2003, 09:35:56 am »

WOOOOO!!!  :P

Finally! And it's a great pic too. ;D

Aya Mikage
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2003, 11:00:57 pm »

;D

Thanks!!!

I hope Spielberg will meet me soon cuz he doesn't know I exist... Hehehe

:D

Tsuzuki Asato
Bugrom Forces

" Ragnarok Hunter Level 67 "

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2003, 06:20:45 am »

Yeah... I hope Spielberg will discover you soon...

You're so pretty Ifurita... They don't know how pretty you really are... =,]

I tried to lose myself today
And hope this pain will go away
A thousand days I tried to waste
I feel the same but you're still okay

Don't take away your eyes
Coz I know you're beside me but I just can't
Tsuzuki Asato
Bugrom Forces

" Ragnarok Hunter Level 67 "

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2003, 06:56:43 am »

Let me get serious this time...

If Spielberg will make the El Hazard Movie, it would be a very good one. Maybe a lot more better than the Harry Potter Movies. Since the EH characters are unique, it would gain more popularity and the old El Hazard fans would be revived.

So I think if Steven will discover this El Hazard world of animation, it would be a very spectacular one although it needs a huge amount of budget.

I tried to lose myself today
And hope this pain will go away
A thousand days I tried to waste
I feel the same but you're still okay

Don't take away your eyes
Coz I know you're beside me but I just can't
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines