Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:35:04 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Now I know how Rob used to feel [Betterman]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Now I know how Rob used to feel [Betterman]  (Read 3668 times)
wanderer_staroxide
« on: August 09, 2003, 10:49:29 pm »

I recently got hooked on Betterman, a rather disturbing anime, and I decided to look for some fan sites for it.

I think I tried every known string of text relating to Betterman and I still can't find a good fansite anywhere. I did happen to come across a Lamia Shrine though, but I can't find it now.

I'm up to the point I'm going to make my own fansite now, but I have several problems.

1. The lack of Betterman stuff on the web in general
2. The lack of a decent graphic program due to my 4 gig, yes, 4 gig hard drive which has currently less than 900 megs of space left.
3. The fact that most of my websites I make tend to fail miserably.

Though I am considering making a fansite, I probably won't be able to make one soon, since next week I'll have no free time whatsoever [School is starting].

So er... yeah.
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2003, 10:56:21 pm »

See, but that makes this the prime time to make said fansite.  With no internet support, you could become a god for wandering Betterman fans.  :)

Part of the journey will require you to seperate "goofy fanboy" from serious contribution, though.  Some very early versions of this site featured nasty biases and overall "unprofessional" handling of issues.  I used to support Alternative World without regard to its shortcomings and smash Wanderers because it wasn't part of the original storyline.  Now I see AW for all its faults and don't like it so much and enjoy Wanderers for its slapstick variety.  ;)

Oh, and don't jump into too much at once.  I didn't implement a forum until I took a poll from registering users to decide if I should even bother.  Creating big things like a forum and see no one use it can be depressing as hell.  So start small and simple, work with "facts" like screenshots, episode guides, character bios, etc.  Work your way up to bigger community things.

Things to keep in mind.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2003, 10:57:57 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
wanderer_staroxide
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2003, 10:59:21 pm »

Well, there's only one Betterman series. Though I do wish a certain someone didn't die at the end...
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2003, 11:00:22 pm »

Apply what I said as applicable.  I mean, yeah, I didn't think there were more than one Betterman series; I just meant don't handle certain things with bias.  You have to be equal to all things even if you personally can't stand an issue.  Like a character you find annoying or something.  :P

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2003, 03:47:23 am »

I recently got hooked on Betterman, a rather disturbing anime, and I decided to look for some fan sites for it.

That's fascinating, staroxide! Betterman is such a great, albeit underrated anime. I've heard it compared to Evangelion, which I thought was kind of a stretch. The end does smack of Eva a bit though. However, De:Vadasy is a bit more similar to Eva than Betterman. But I digress....

A Betterman website would be a great project. I look forward to seeing it sometime in the future. Let me know if I can help you out with screencaps or something.

Well, there's only one Betterman series. Though I do wish a certain someone didn't die at the end...

Damn shame that that person died......... which one are you referring to? ^_^;  ;D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2003, 03:52:19 am by saucer » Logged

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
wanderer_staroxide
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2003, 09:17:34 am »

That one person I am referring to? [Spoilers for the Betterman Ending!]
Kaede.
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2003, 12:34:05 pm »

OMG! It's such a disaster!

Actually I have never heard of Betterman.  ^^;

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2003, 06:06:26 pm »

That one person I am referring to? [Spoilers for the Betterman Ending!]
Kaede.

She was my favorite.  :bawl

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
wanderer_staroxide
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2003, 04:57:28 pm »

I probably won't get started on a site until I finish the series [which will be tomorrow I hope].

But next week school is going to start for me so... heh heh...  ^^;
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines