Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:44:33 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Megaman 8 Snapshot Request ^_^;
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Megaman 8 Snapshot Request ^_^;  (Read 4064 times)
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« on: August 06, 2003, 02:14:01 pm »

Any of the Rockman fans on the forum have a snapshot of Astroman's level?

The part I want a picture of is the second part of the level where you have to solve that puzzle with the different switches and the sliding doors. The background is M.C. Escher-esque and I regret not taking a snapshot of it before I packed up my computer :p

What I really want is a shot that has a fairly good view of the background with all the impossible staircases. This background shows up again in the second sliding door/switch puzzle later in the level. (So, you can see it in two different places).

If anyone can get me a snapshot I'd greatly appreciate it! I am writing up a biography on M.C. Escher and it's always helpful to tie topics like that into the interests of the students (and I think most kids know Megaman).

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2003, 02:18:29 pm by ifurita » Logged

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 09:18:51 pm »

Any of the Rockman fans on the forum have a snapshot of Astroman's level?

The part I want a picture of is the second part of the level where you have to solve that puzzle with the different switches and the sliding doors. The background is M.C. Escher-esque and I regret not taking a snapshot of it before I packed up my computer :p

What I really want is a shot that has a fairly good view of the background with all the impossible staircases. This background shows up again in the second sliding door/switch puzzle later in the level. (So, you can see it in two different places).

If anyone can get me a snapshot I'd greatly appreciate it! I am writing up a biography on M.C. Escher and it's always helpful to tie topics like that into the interests of the students (and I think most kids know Megaman).

Thanks!

While I don't have the screen cap you're looking for, I'd like to say that I find it's fascinating that you're writing up a bio on Escher. You'll have to let me read it when you're done! He's one of my favorite graphic artists. I used to have a print next to my bed, the one of the staircases and the centipede things that curl up in a ball and roll away once they're out. "House of Stairs" was, I think, the title. Had a litle books of his prints, too. Pocket size it was. Neat. ^_^

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
moogle87
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2003, 01:02:15 pm »

too bad i don't own the game, i could've done the shot for you. if you have the game and a decent computer, go to www.zophar.net and find the playstation emulator. it supports snapshots.
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 01:07:29 pm »

The problem is is that she has her computer and all the related stuff packed up in boxes and is prepared to move to Guam from the States later this week for a military teaching assignment *pant pant*

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2003, 09:33:49 pm »

too bad i don't own the game, i could've done the shot for you. if you have the game and a decent computer, go to www.zophar.net and find the playstation emulator. it supports snapshots.

What Bob sed... I got all the stuff... just it's all in boxes for my big move -_-;

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2003, 11:15:08 pm »

Okay, sorry for making you wait so long, but I been busy lately. :)

Fortunately, tonight I had a little time available. Now, you have to understand, I've owned Mega Man 8 for nearly a year now, but opened it for the first time tonight (yeah, shame on me :-[). Then, I discovered that this is one of those Mega Man games where you gotta beat the first batch of four bosses before you can face the second batch. Naturally, Astro Man was in the second batch.

So, drawing upon my vast reserves of Mega Man experience, I looked at the first four bosses. Oh, look! A lug. Those guys are always slow and easy to hit and avoid. So, I go beat up Frost Man. And, lo, he is easy.

So, who might the Ice Wave work on? Well, there's a bird-lookin' guy. Ice is effective against flying-types! So, forgetting that I was playing Mega Man, and not Pokemon, I charge right in. Fortunately, in spite of the fact that Ice Wave is a ground-level attack, it turns out to be the right weapon. My Mega Man intuition has not failed me yet!

On to Clown Man! There's no real reason why Tornado Hold should be effective against Clowns, but I was betting that whatever weapon Grenade Man coughed up would probably be the one to use against Frost Man. So, by process of elimination, Clown Man must be vulnerable to wind. And, indeed, he is. (How I miss Mega Man 2, which did not have so obvious a progression of weapons.)

Lastly, Grenade Man. He go boom. What can I say? Being named "Grenade Man" was just asking for it.

So, I made it through! And here's the spoils of war:

Mega Man: Ugh... getting dizzy...

Hope this is useful to you! And if you need more images, I can get them for you. This is probably the clearest available image of the background, though.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2003, 11:16:48 pm by spanner » Logged

The 1337 poster
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2003, 08:42:07 pm »

Hope this is useful to you! And if you need more images, I can get them for you. This is probably the clearest available image of the background, though.

THIS IS PERFECT!

Thank you soooo much Spanner!!!!!

I was thinking about doing the tessellation project in a couple weeks! I was writing it today! Now I can complete the write up!!! Thank you!!!

::bows down repeatedly ::

This will help much! ^_^

Heh most of the robots in 8 are pansies ^_^ Frostman is the one I usually pick off first too. The attack patterns are simple enough that most of them can easily be blasted with the plasma blaster ^_^;

The only part of the game that is a BITCH is the FIRST LEVEL of Wily's fortress with the "jump, jump, slide, slide" bullshit (like in Frostman's level). It's FREAKING HARD! Best thing to do is use Astro crush near the end of the course to buy you some air time if you miss a jump... sometimes you can astro crush your way across (since he briefly pauses in mid-air to summon the meteors).

Heh I like Tenguman and Astroman in 8... Tengu just cos he's neat... Astro cos ... well, he's a wussy... and I think he's funny...

My friend David and I joke about how Astroman would sit in his parent's basement (Wily's basement) spinning his own club mixes while dreaming of having his own planetarium/dance club, featuring M.C. Escher-esque decor... ^_^;

You can sooo tell Astroman was never meant to be a robot master. We would joke about how Wily kicks him into a teleportation unit connected to his boss room to fight...

Anyhow ^_^ many many thanks!!!

Oh I'm not back back yet... I still need my own net connection... I'm using a hotel computer now... by mid-week I'll have my own house (signing papers monday-- move in date will be the 27th)... then I gotta work on a phone/net connection... that may take a few weeks :p so I'll be disappearing again -- not allowed to use shcool net access for message baords 9_9  
« Last Edit: August 23, 2003, 08:46:29 pm by ifurita » Logged

Netto:
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2003, 07:12:55 pm »

Oh I'm not back back yet... I still need my own net connection... I'm using a hotel computer now... by mid-week I'll have my own house (signing papers monday-- move in date will be the 27th)... then I gotta work on a phone/net connection... that may take a few weeks :p so I'll be disappearing again -- not allowed to use shcool net access for message baords 9_9  

*GLOMPS* Sarah-chan!!! Glad to see you make a cameo. ^_^ Hope you get back online soon.

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines