Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:53:50 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Graugh... I want you all to hear this MP3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Graugh... I want you all to hear this MP3  (Read 4563 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« on: August 21, 2003, 10:24:32 am »

http://www.el-hazardonline-dl.net/BGM15.mp3

I forget if I ever showed this off before, but I want to hear what you think of it.  It's my own mastering via an Ifurita MIDI to turn the theme into something militaristic.  It has three or four simple repetitions because I was actually planning possibly for it to be used in one of my gaming projects.  But just wait until you hit about 1:20, then it climaxes pretty nicely (but still fairly loopable for the aforementioned reason)

I've actually played with the Ifurita MIDI a thousand times over... I have a couple other variations including a simple fanfare version and the "clocktower ring" one I was working on.

Also here's something I did a while before that one, the "Boys Be Free" / "Back In Love" Redneck instrument version.   ^^;

http://www.el-hazardonline-dl.net/redn.mp3

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2003, 12:46:31 pm »

Not bad, Rob. Not bad at all! ;D

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Andrusi
Bugrom Forces

Powerlink!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2003, 01:50:37 pm »

Wow!  MP3s I can actually download!  :P

BGM15 is interesting.  Took me a while to figure out what the original tune was, but that's probably because I tend to have difficulty remembering specific tunes until I hear them 50 times or so.  Anyway, it's the better of the two; the instrumentation in the other just doesn't quite fit the tune.  (I chuckled a bit, though.  Just call me easily amused.)

ANDRUSI

Sanity not included.
rowan_a._seven
Demon God(ess)

Demon Gods - as dangerous as they are cute.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2003, 05:17:38 pm »

I forget if I ever showed this off before, but I want to hear what you think of it.  It's my own mastering via an Ifurita MIDI to turn the theme into something militaristic.  It has three or four simple repetitions because I was actually planning possibly for it to be used in one of my gaming projects.  But just wait until you hit about 1:20, then it climaxes pretty nicely (but still fairly loopable for the aforementioned reason)

Very impressive.  The percussion in the background gives it the military aspect you were after, and the bells (?) add an inspiring sense of grandeur and power in addition to an overall epic feeling.  It's quite a departure from the overwhelming sense of quiet loneliness and despair that the original Ifurita midi contains, but it is also a very enjoyable one.  I could picture this playing in the background as Ifurita goes off and fights her final battle.  Good job.  
washuchan
Demon God(ess)

charity, not love

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2003, 05:38:38 pm »

nice.....
somehow I'm reminded a lot of Dune soundtrack

one of my gaming projects

hmm, a first person shooter with Ifurita character blasting through in Tom Clancy's ghost recon???

Ifurita goes off and fights her final battle

in original OAV the final battle is ain't that much for Ifurita, but the theme would certainly fit an extended scene of Ifurita vs Kalia

Also here's something I did a while before that one, the "Boys Be Free" / "Back In Love" Redneck instrument version.    

hate to say this, so let's use expression instead  ^^; ^^; ^^; ^^; ^^; :| -_-
« Last Edit: August 21, 2003, 05:42:10 pm by washuchan » Logged
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2003, 07:35:01 pm »

http://www.el-hazardonline-dl.net/BGM15.mp3

Not criticisms as much as how I'd do it differently.  But it sounds way too fast to my ears.  And I'd change a few bass lines, change some of the snare drum beats to short drum rolls, and crank up the ol' reverb  ;)

It's a creative and interesting change of instrumentation.  It makes it a whole different song.  And the last repetition builds up very nicely, as you said.

http://www.el-hazardonline-dl.net/redn.mp3

That's great!  Maybe add some country fiddle or some honky-tonk piano.  And you could skim the anime for samples of barn-dance type whoops and "yee-haws"  :P

There's another item for my To Do List.  I'll have to fire up Cakewalk and do some remixes that you could pick apart.  I've imagined Jinnai's song as a Pet Shop Boys-type 1980s dance remix...
Fujisawa4654
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2003, 10:48:46 pm »

IN-!@#$%ING-CREDIBLE!

I don't have the skills to do that, I can make dinky music but that's it. BTW, that style of music definitely suits my tastes.

Aya Mikage
Demon God(ess)

Does she look like Ifurita? She's a mage...

ICQ Messenger - 245860247 AOL Instant Messenger - ifurita214 Yahoo Instant Messenger - tenyo_aya_mikage
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2003, 05:10:18 am »

WOWOW!!

Its really a good one Rob!!

How did ya du dat??

"In the future, you will fall under the control of the star of darkness."

"I see blood, anger, and sadness -- the destruction of the equilibrium of everything in this world."

"On the day when the 16th star an
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2003, 12:36:28 pm »

A good MIDI Editor, a good soundcard, and my ears.  That's pretty much summing it up.  I want an effect, I study each musical track individually and find what notes I want accented.  Sometimes I twist things by making a backup beat line into a main or something.  In the climatic part, you'll notice the one trumpet that raises and kind of rides around up high... I have no idea how to explain it, but it exists in the original Ifurita song as a background component, but by making it more of a lead, you get a better fanfare effect.  Now if only I knew how to actually arrange specific styles of music I'd be in business.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines