Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:37:08 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Question concerning English Voice Actor/Actresses
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Question concerning English Voice Actor/Actresses  (Read 10261 times)
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2003, 11:43:18 pm »

I just discovered something interesting about OAV Iffy... apparently, she was voiced by Debbie DeRosa. Whether or not this is KT Vogt under a different name, I don't know. Other credits I found for DeRosa are Cammy in SFII

You know something, it really does sound like her now that I think about it! I never paid close attention to Cammy's voice, because I was always marvelling at the sheer brutality of her method of assasinating Albert Sellers. O_O;;; I'm pretty sure DeRosa and KT Vogt are the same person though. They sound dead on the same.

I know Makoto's voice is also from Street Fighter 2 the movie he plays Ken in it

Yes, and he also did Yakumo in Streamline's dub of 3x3 Eyes.

And while we're on this subject (Rob will find this interesting), Bob Marx played a rather nasty character in the dub on Tokyo Revelation. ^^;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2003, 06:25:41 pm »

Bob Marx played a rather nasty character in the dub on Tokyo Revelation. ^^;

Does he play anything else?  He's pretty typecast. ;p

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2003, 10:04:37 pm »

^^; In Tokyo Revelation he plays a guy who opens the gates of hell with his laptop. He's also gay. The best part is when all these girls are crowding around him in class and sqealing and he says to himself while smiling "Get away from me you fucking girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!" It's Bob Marx at his best.... or worst.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 10:07:05 pm by saucer » Logged

Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2003, 10:58:08 pm »

Also to piont out Galus's voice was also in Street Fighter 2 as M Bison.

Also Lia Sargent, Box Marx and Mona Marshall I have all heard in part one of .hack

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2003, 12:11:53 am »

^^; In Tokyo Revelation he plays a guy who opens the gates of hell with his laptop. He's also gay. The best part is when all these girls are crowding around him in class and sqealing and he says to himself while smiling "Get away from me you fucking girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!" It's Bob Marx at his best.... or worst.

*sees $5 [current price] copy on eBay*

Why not... ;p

Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2003, 01:00:26 am »

He plays Hanagata in Saber Marionette J (series only), the loveably flaming self-proclaimed soulmate and One True Love of the main boy, Otaru and rival to the three leading hot marionette girls.

He's a nasty character in his own right, but in an adorable, benign way. <3 Can you feel my love for teh Hana?

Crap, I need to watch those DVDs now. *scampers*

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2003, 01:23:48 am »

By a complete, random coincidence, I have seen several references that claim "Bob Marx" is really a "Robert Martin Klein".  Our very tedious search took us onto comedian/actor "Robert Klein" who we're pretty darn sure isn't the same guy.  "Robert Martin Klein" is generally credited for Saban run animes, particularly Digimon, and some really old shows like "Flint: Time Detective".  For my own sake I really want to know if "Robert Martin Klein" is an actual alias.  :P
« Last Edit: November 29, 2003, 01:24:22 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars &amp; Loud Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2003, 09:20:24 pm »

*sees $5 [current price] copy on eBay*

Why not... ;p

::pats j00 on the shoulder:: Well, if you feel you must........  ^^;

I just remembered another one, Shayla's english voice actress did Motoko Kusanagi in the first Ghost in the Shell movie. Hey Rob and Tim, would you be interested in (or possibly delegating to) featuring little sort of "mini-resumes" of the english VAs to go along with your VA list? Sort of, what other things they've been in ya know?

Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2003, 09:31:25 pm »

Saucer - "Hey Rob and Tim, would you be interested in (or possibly delegating to) featuring little sort of "mini-resumes" of the english VAs to go along with your VA list? Sort of, what other things they've been in ya know?"

I have thought about this, actually.  The only problem I see is that some of the people have several aliases to go by.  It would be difficult to document all of the times they have VA'd, ya know?

Not impossible, just difficult.

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2003, 09:24:47 am »

Also to piont out Galus's voice was also in Street Fighter 2 as M Bison.

Also Lia Sargent, Box Marx and Mona Marshall I have all heard in part one of .hack

Lia Sargent has roles in the .hack video game series as both the mysterious girl Aura and the newbie Twin Blade Natsume.

I'm not sure what role Bob Marx might have had in the first .hack game, but in the second and beyond, he plays the voice of the sarcastic and antagonistic Blademaster named Marlo.

As for Mona Marshall, I forget whether she plays the voice of the lead character Twin Blade Kite, or the shy and introverted Wavemaster Elk, but definitely one of those two.

Lia Marshal also carries the lead role in the RPG Xenosaga, as Shion Uzuki. ^_^V I think Mona Marshall plays the sharpshooting Jr. in that game, as well.

The 1337 poster
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2003, 10:30:03 pm »

Some other Tenchi/EH EVA correlations I'm remembering now....

Alliele's EVA also does Mihoshi.

Diva's EVA also does Nagi.

Iffy/Washu has already been mentioned. There may be others that simply don't come to mind at the moment. I haven't watched the TM dub in years.

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2003, 01:06:22 am »

What's sad is that I collect animes where the voice actors are also featured in not because of the anime itself... but more because I'm trying to stock copies of their voices.  It's a sick plot to stock up on them saying so many different things that I can construct my own sentences and stuff.  Really it's because than I can make voice tracks to my game projects.  Of course there are easier and better ways to do this.  An easier way would be to look for people who are reasonable facimilies of the voices.  A better way would be to be a millionaire who could pay the original people for their time.  But I don't have faith in either method.   ^^;

So in the meantime:

Guess which directory has the most files.

rowan_a._seven
Demon God(ess)

Demon Gods - as dangerous as they are cute.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2003, 02:05:02 am »

This site http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/PersonDetail/personid-205419 lists some of the anime series that Bob Marx has had roles in.  I don't know if it's completely accurate or not, but Mr. What has already verified the Hanagata role, and I can confirm Bob Marx doing the voice of Mr. Me-Mania in "Perfect Blue."  One of the surreal moments in that already very surreal movie that I still remember was hearing Mr. Me-Mania speak with Jinnai's voice.  ^^;
« Last Edit: December 03, 2003, 02:06:15 am by rowan_a._seven » Logged
Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2003, 10:56:46 am »

Lia Sargent has roles in the .hack video game series as both the mysterious girl Aura and the newbie Twin Blade Natsume.

I'm not sure what role Bob Marx might have had in the first .hack game, but in the second and beyond, he plays the voice of the sarcastic and antagonistic Blademaster named Marlo.

As for Mona Marshall, I forget whether she plays the voice of the lead character Twin Blade Kite, or the shy and introverted Wavemaster Elk, but definitely one of those two.

Lia Marshal also carries the lead role in the RPG Xenosaga, as Shion Uzuki. ^_^V I think Mona Marshall plays the sharpshooting Jr. in that game, as well.

Mona Mashall does the voice of Kite in it
Bob Marx has a small role in part 1 as the noble Pugi
Your right about Lia Sargent though she plays both Aura (not so mysterious if you have seen .hack//SIGN ^_^) and Natsume both are easy to tell it is her

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2003, 10:11:55 pm »

I find it appropriately unnerving that Bob Marx did the english voice of Hanagata in Saber Marionette J. Rob, there's your next anime series! Great anime, BTW. Absolutely.

So, did you get Tokyo Revelation?  ;D

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines