Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:39:49 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Question concerning English Voice Actor/Actresses
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Question concerning English Voice Actor/Actresses  (Read 10255 times)
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« on: July 30, 2003, 03:10:31 pm »

It's amazing.  Just looking up a few good sites, I have found almost every person who ever did the Japanese version of the show, which can be seen here...

http://www.el-hazardonline.net/El-Hazard/temp/tim/valist.html

...but I'm having a hell of a time finding the people who did the English acting, much less the names of the people.

Here's who I have found...

Christy Mathewson (Makoto Mizuhara)
Bob Marx (Katsuhiko Jinnai [duh to the max!])
Lia Sargent (Nanami Jinnai [duh])
Michael J. Sorich (Masamichi Fujisawa)
Melissa Williamson (Rune Venus[all?], Diva, Shayla (AW))
Ruby Marlowe (Fatora)
Julie Maddalena (Ura)
Dorothy Melendrez (Miz Mishtal)
Mimi Woods (Shayla Shayla; not Alternative World)
Patricia Ja Lee (Afura Mann)
Kate T. Vogt (Ifurita [OVA/OVA2?/Alternative?])
Dougary Grant (Dr. Schtalabaugh)
Abe Lasser (Galus)
Mona Marshall (Nahato)
Emily Brown (Quawool Towles)
Carol Stanzione (Gilda)
David Lucas (Dahl Narciss III)

Now, here's what I need...

Do any of you know any other Actors/Actresses for the following...

Ifurita Wanderers (if the actress is different)
Londs
Chabil ("AIC Guy")
Parnasse
Allujah (Arjah)
Kalia

Any other actors/actresses that should get credit?

It would be greatly appreciative if you can help.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2003, 03:25:20 pm by thegameguy » Logged

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2003, 03:24:59 pm »

I'm looking for them, but all I can find are the Japanese ones, and the same ones you have. Don't you hate it when they don't put the names of the characters, then the name of the VA's on the actualy box, or the episode/movie?

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2003, 04:01:59 pm »

Here's a question... are these people involved?

Tesessa Ariel
Julie Pickering
William Fredrick
G. Gordon Baer
Dorothy Melendrez
MJ Woods
Melodee Lee
« Last Edit: July 30, 2003, 04:22:13 pm by thegameguy » Logged

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2003, 04:10:27 pm »

And just to be really difficult, I deleted mine as well! ^_^ Sorry, I'm spamming the topic. I'll stop now.

Sorry.

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2003, 10:13:02 pm »

Good job Tim. I'm not too sure who Iffy's seiyuu is for Wanderers (never seen it in Japanese) and the Saturn Game. But seeing as how Yuri Amano can pull off that high pitched squeaky voice (i.e.- Nanvel from Burn Up W/X), and watching Iffy's movies from the game again I think we can safely say it is her (upon comparing the two). Usually, once a seiyuu gets a role, they get it for the life of the franchise. ^^;

As far as the dub goes, I'm pretty sure Kate T Vogt did indeed do Ifurita. She did Washu (Tenchi Muyo) and they same pretty much right on. Can't say the same for Wanderers Iffy dub. She sounds totally different.

One of the maddening things about Pioneer is, they simply throw the dub cast together in a block list during the credits, rather than showing their actual roles. At least, that's what they used to do. -.-

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2003, 12:09:11 am »

I don't know who voices TV Iffy (wish I did!) but I could swear its the same woman who voices Melfina in Outlaw Star. Not that I know her VA, either. ^_^;; Yes, Yuri Amano voices both Iffies in the Japanese.

As for why English VAs rarely get individual credits - I actually know the answer to this one. You see, the production studios for most anime do not pay the union dues necessary to the Screen Actors Guild - essentially, the VAs who participate are "moonlighting", doing work that they're not techinically supposed to do in order to make a little extra money. There's precedent in the industry for this, and for the most part the Screen Actor's Guild looks the other way. However, one of the stipulations is that the participating actors are not allowed to get full billing for the production.

There have actually been rare incidents in which the desire by fandom to find out just who voices who has actually panicked certain VAs, who then withdraw from the industry afraid that the attention they're being given will piss off the Screen Actor's Guild. And if you're an actor, pissing off the SAG is career suicide.

While this means that we don't get to know who's voicing who in our anime, it DOES reflect back on us in the form of slightly reduced prices for the anime in question (SAG dues are pretty hefty). Some anime studios (like ADVision, I believe) do not have to deal with an SAG, and so their VAs always get full billing. Of course, their VAs aren't paid as well, either. ^_^;;

The 1337 poster
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2003, 01:07:45 am »

While Kate T. Vogt does the voice for the first OAV Ifurita, she didn't do the ones for EH2 or Wanderers.

Ruby Marlowe did the voice of Wanderers Rune, strangely enough.

Also, don't forget about Allielle, who was voiced by Radical Edward herself, Mellissa Charles.

As for tv Ifurita, don't ask me. I once went on a three day quest to find out who did her voice, and came up with zilch. Sorry.

I Care Deep
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2003, 08:30:46 am »

I suppose if we match up enough names we can eventually eliminate enough entries in the clump list of the Wanderers credits to eventually get our answer.  :P  Even if say there are three entries left but two are male we can assume it's the female one, I guess.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2003, 08:33:12 pm »

While this means that we don't get to know who's voicing who in our anime, it DOES reflect back on us in the form of slightly reduced prices for the anime in question (SAG dues are pretty hefty). Some anime studios (like ADVision, I believe) do not have to deal with an SAG, and so their VAs always get full billing. Of course, their VAs aren't paid as well, either. ^_^;;

Yeah, they do all their dubbing at their own dubbing studio; Monster Island. And they pretty much have a regular group of actor/actresses. Since, they use the same ones in every dub. ^^;

Guess it's better than using The Ocean Group though. ^^;;;;;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Adrain_Shepard
Londs' Screen Time

US Marines Corps Special Forces Unit

ICQ Messenger - 283272719 AOL Instant Messenger - AStrick576 Yahoo Instant Messenger - AdrainShephardHL
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2003, 12:56:40 pm »

http://www.avadb.com/VoiceActors.asp?Title=20

Here this is for the TV Series of El-hazard.They don't got much of those voice actors/actress in there for English.

World of Warcraft:Server:Zul'Jin
Death Knight Human level 80 Kiyomitakada
Warrior Human level 80 Giselleandal
Rouge Human level 72 Suzukatwligh
dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2003, 08:04:36 am »

This is the most complete list I've seen so far, actually. A few more bits to add to the mix:

Ruby Marlowe (Fatora) is also known as Bambi Darrow/Darro. She took over Rune's role in Alternative World. I don't think Melissa Williamson ever did Rune's voice: I'd be surprised if she did, since she was still around when AW was dubbed, so why re-cast Rune?

Just from the sound of his voice, I'd say that Parnasse was voiced by Mona Marshall (Nahato). Oddly enough, I did once see a site that credited Marshall with Chabil's voice. This is clearly nonsense, and I suspect this may have been an error, replacing Parnasse with Chabil.

Alielle is, of course, Melissa Charles. She doesn't really speak in episode 1, but if you listen closely you'll hear her providing numerous background voices, including (one of my favourites) the servant who whispers "They'll never get away with it" ^_^

Londs: I'd say either Abe Lasser (Galus) or William Frederick. I think I remeber seeing Frederick credited with the role at some point, but Lasser is another possibility since the voices are very similar.

Finally, Iffy. Something I've always wanted to clear up. KT Vogt is always credited with this role, yet she doesn't appear on the credits. She could be using an assumed name, but are we sure about this?
Oh yeah... I think Iffy has a different voice in OAV2- fair enough, since it's a different character, and there was a different Japanese VA too. And she only really speaks once in AW, so I doubt they'd be too concerned with tracking down the original VA. I've a suspicion that the Iffy we heard in AW was actually Ruby Marlowe up to her old tricks again...

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2003, 09:24:36 am »

Didn't Ruby Marlowe voice someone in Ah! My Goddess! The movie? I think her name was in the credits. It was either AMG of Endless Waltz, but she wasn't definately in one. Although I can't say I recognised her voice, but then again, I've only seen 2 episodes of EH *oh the shame!!! :bawl *

dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2003, 05:51:18 am »

Yes, Ruby Marlowe is also the voice of Belldandy... frightening, isn't it? Also featured in the Oh My Goddess movie was Melissa Charles (Alielle) as Sora... Sora's line "We've just got our first new member, and I'm excited because it's a girl!" is so much funnier when said in Alielle's voice...

dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2003, 06:14:53 am »

Resurrecting this topic briefly...

I just discovered something interesting about OAV Iffy... apparently, she was voiced by Debbie DeRosa. Whether or not this is KT Vogt under a different name, I don't know. Other credits I found for DeRosa are Cammy in SFII and Karen in one of the Gundams. She also played a minoe character in Phantom Quest Corps- I think I have the dub of that somewhere, so I'll compare the voices.

Second interesting thing: I'd long suspected that Diva had a different VA for OAV1, and apparently she did. Her name is (appropriately) Diva West, but she seems to be using an alias as she's not on the EH credits.

Finally, we all know that Ruby Marlowe was Rune in later series, but it seems Melodee Lee played Rune in OAV1.

Incidentally, my info came from this thread on the animeondvd forums-

http://forums.animeondvd.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=238144&page=3&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Obviously I can't guarantee its accuracy, but some of the people there seem to know what they're talking about... industry types frequent those boards, you know...

Now, anyone care to join in the Azumanga dub cast guessing game? ^_^

the dooky

Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2003, 08:10:03 am »

I know Mimi Woods the voice of Shayla later used the name MJ Woods and that name appears in the Alternative World to

I know Makoto's voice is also from Street Fighter 2 the movie he plays Ken in it

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines