Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:08:40 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Geography and chronology questions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Geography and chronology questions  (Read 12230 times)
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2003, 10:11:14 pm »

We're talking about concepts of EH.

Not that it matters, since I never emphasized the point-- but I always assumed that Earth, El-Hazard and Creteria were the same planet, or very nearly the same planet, in three alternate universes.

Earth and El-Hazard would be widely separated, by whatever it is that separates dimensions, since the two worlds are so different.  But El-Hazard and Creteria could be much more closely related.  Creteria could literally be an alternate El-Hazard.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2003, 10:57:19 pm »

I always assumed that El Hazard and Earth were two seperate planets, and Creteria was El Hazard at some other point in time (past or future). But, it is interesting to think they they could all be the same place, at the same time in different dimensions (if you subscribe to the theory of an infinite number of different dimensions existing side by side at all times). If the latter were true though, why does the Eye of God exist on El Hazard and Creteria, but not Earth?

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2003, 11:50:57 pm »

Keep in mind the Eye of God from El-Hazard transported them to Creteria in the first place.  It probably just took all of them and itself along.  (Although there's pitfalls all about the Alternative World story and pictures and stuff... but I'm working the best I can here. :P)

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2003, 07:54:25 pm »

I always assumed that El Hazard and Earth were two separate planets, and Creteria was El Hazard at some other point in time (past or future). But, it is interesting to think they they could all be the same place, at the same time in different dimensions (if you subscribe to the theory of an infinite number of different dimensions existing side by side at all times). If the latter were true though, why does the Eye of God exist on El Hazard and Creteria, but not Earth?

Well, like I said before-- El-Hazard and Creteria could be "closer" in the multi-dimensional universe, than either of them are to Earth.  Their proximity would make them more similar to each other, and their distance from Earth would make both of them more different from Earth.

You could argue that it took more power (from Ifurita) to send Makoto from Earth to EH, and it took him longer to travel between dimensions (with the whole flash-forward sequence and all the celestial imagery).

To get from EH to Creteria, all it took was a little nudge from Arjah, a flash of light from Makoto's circuit thingy, a quick slide against a plain-white background, and there they were.  Suggesting that EH and Creteria are "closer."  

OK, I'm just completely making this up.

Creteria seems to be a future El-Hazard, if for no other reason than the title of the second episode is "The Door To The Future Opens."  But there's too many little things about Creteria that make more sense to me as an alternate history than a future history.

And, as unsubtle as The Alt World series generally was, if Creteria was the future of El-Hazard, the gang probably would have found their own graves, or something.

EDIT:  For clarity, I hope.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2003, 07:56:53 pm by mrwhat » Logged
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2003, 10:01:38 pm »

if Creteria was the future of El-Hazard, the gang probably would have found their own graves, or something.

Only if they had wished to make the point blantant.

Plus it's not like they had visited any graveyards.

And even if they had, unless it was one deticated specifically for them, there's still a chance they might've missed it.

In BTTF3, Doc Brown's grave was only found because of the dog.  Otherwise Marty and 1955 Doc would've gone home and never even knew about it.

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2003, 10:42:39 pm »

Keep in mind the Eye of God from El-Hazard transported them to Creteria in the first place.  It probably just took all of them and itself along.  (Although there's pitfalls all about the Alternative World story and pictures and stuff... but I'm working the best I can here. :P)

Yes, but then you'd have to explain how it came to be disassembled and have farms and colonies on the pieces?

Well, like I said before-- El-Hazard and Creteria could be "closer" in the multi-dimensional universe, than either of them are to Earth.  Their proximity would make them more similar to each other, and their distance from Earth would make both of them more different from Earth.

You could argue that it took more power (from Ifurita) to send Makoto from Earth to EH, and it took him longer to travel between dimensions (with the whole flash-forward sequence and all the celestial imagery).

That is also plausible, since parallel dimensions can either be similar or completely different form one another. I dunno, I just think the "continuity issue" explaination puts it best. ^^; Also what Rob said about fanfics.

MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2003, 08:23:13 pm »

In BTTF3, Doc Brown's grave was only found because of the dog.  Otherwise Marty and 1955 Doc would've gone home and never even knew about it.

Dude.  That's most impressive.  :o  (You need to add a smiley with its jaw falling open.)  Did you happen to have that picture on hand, or did you just go and capture that image for this post?
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2003, 08:29:07 pm »

Just captured it.  DVDs are such wonderful things as far as computer compatability go.  El-Hazard and BTTF Trilogy -- the only DVDs I need. ;)

... buut I keep Hand Maid May around for the hell of it too.

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2003, 11:15:50 pm »

Speaking of Hand Maid May, feel free to post some screenshots of Kei any time you like.  ;D

MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2003, 07:56:42 pm »

Speaking of Hand Maid May, feel free to post some screenshots of Kei any time you like.  ;D

And Sara  ::)
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2003, 08:29:51 pm »

And Sara  ::)

*AGREES*

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2003, 04:53:50 pm »

I'm not actually sure what this topic is about any more, is it El Hazard, Back to the future or Hand Maid May?

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2003, 04:56:26 pm »

Larewen - "I'm not actually sure what this topic is about any more, is it El Hazard, Back to the future or Hand Maid May?"

You and me, Lar.

I can only guess it's about... Geography and Chronology.

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2003, 02:50:02 pm »

How am I supposed to understand that?! I don't even know what chronology is!!!!! >:( >:(

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2003, 03:16:23 pm »

Chronology...

What is the best way to explain this...

It's the study of time.  The best way to explain this...

A timeline.

My cronology would be...

August 14, 1985 - Born

1988 - Learned to speak (I was diagnosed with Asperenger's disease, part of the spectrum of Autism)

1991 - Attended Elementary School

1995 - Survived pneumonia and bronchitis

1996 - Graduated from Elementry School, started Middle School

1999 - Started Secondary School

March 25, 2003 - Current date

June 22, 2003 - Offical graduation day from high school.

-----

See now?

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines