Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:44:43 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  An Ifurita look-alike?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: An Ifurita look-alike?  (Read 7859 times)
Aya Mikage
Demon God(ess)

Does she look like Ifurita? She's a mage...

ICQ Messenger - 245860247 AOL Instant Messenger - ifurita214 Yahoo Instant Messenger - tenyo_aya_mikage
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2003, 08:34:23 pm »

>:(

hey pipol!!

Im maybe the newest gig in here!! nice to meet you all guys!!

HEY! I think that gal over there in BUBBLE GUM CRISIS 2040 matches Ifurita most than that of Subaru or anyone else. But I think Ifurita is more genuine and refined....

IFURITA is the best! No other anime can ever match her..

IFURITA PATRIOTS

"In the future, you will fall under the control of the star of darkness."

"I see blood, anger, and sadness -- the destruction of the equilibrium of everything in this world."

"On the day when the 16th star an
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2003, 09:07:35 pm »

You have a nice picture, but by default all most people will see is a "Tripod" logo.

See this topic for help, however.  :)

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2003, 09:24:05 pm »

Members of the Secret Closet Goth Society don't need to wear corsets! Well, not the girls at least. Your secret identity would be revealed! Now the guys on the other hand........ ::shoots questioning look at MrWhat::

I resemble that remark  

Can I give up soda and get some exercise instead?  I wouldn't wish a corset on a woman, let alone myself.  I might joke about women that are, uh, restrained, but I'm not into asphyxiation.

If OVA-Ifurita wears a corset, maybe that's why her strength failed towards the end of the first OVA.  Being unable to draw a full breath for thousands of years could do that to you.

While I'm free-associating-- young Shayla and Afura wore little white corset-things at the seminary (in the Wanderers), didn't they?  But then, when you're getting whacked with long white sticks, and sitting under freezing-cold waterfalls, corsets might not seem so bad.
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2003, 09:45:48 am »

A much better match, in my opinion, is Hyatt, from Excel Saga:

Hyatt, of ACROSS

For a while after I first saw her, but had not yet managed to memorize her name, I referred to her as "That Ifurita-lookin' girl".

Heh.  As I recall, that was that day I was with you at Wilson's place in Edina.  A friend of mine who had recently completed two semesters of study in Tokyo said "hey, you guys thought Dragon Half was over the top, you've GOT to see this!" and popped in the fan-sub.   And we experienced the lunacy that is Excel Saga.  I laughed so damn hard I tried to narf pizza out my nose.  I wouldn't suggest recommend one attempt to eat and watch Excel Saga at the same time.

But yes, the resemblance to Ifurita was uncanny.  She was even found in a sarcophagus looking thingy.  One wouldn't think that one could laugh at someone afflicted with tuberculosis, but somehow Hyatt's creators managed just that.  I suppose it's ironic how Hyatt so resembles Ifurita, though Ifurita appears to have the constitution of a pack mule.

Fans of Evangelion might even suggest Hyatt bears a strong resemblance to Maj. Katsuragi, though the similarities end there given Misato's wild and crazy personality.

--me

Mark Engels
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2003, 09:02:35 pm »

Excel Saga is pretty over the top. ^^; I liked it alot. Never a dull moment. THey covered alot of anime conventions and made good fun of them. And, they even had a couple, super-serious episodes! Hilarious!

Funny though, I never saw the Ifurita/Hyatt connection. I guess you're kinda right though.

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2003, 01:57:19 am »

Anyone else think KOS-MOS from Xenosaga bears a striking resemblance to Ifurita? Not only in looks, mind you, but in stories as well. Like Iffy, KOS-MOS was an ultimate weapon, though her creation was more in the aims of preserving human life than destroying it. Both are stern, serious-types who follow orders and don't question their superiors. The two are also increadibly powerful, as Iffy can wipe out whole cities while KOS-MOS is capable of destroying an entire Gnosis fleet within seconds.

Her voice is also done by Ruby Marlowe, who was Fatora's VA. Pretty unsettling as in the game it's hinted that KOS-MOS and her creator are going to get involved in a lesbian relationship...  :-/

« Last Edit: August 04, 2003, 01:59:39 am by lord_god_jinnai » Logged

I Care Deep
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2003, 04:39:20 am »

Anyone else think KOS-MOS from Xenosaga bears a striking resemblance to Ifurita? Not only in looks, mind you, but in stories as well. Like Iffy, KOS-MOS was an ultimate weapon, though her creation was more in the aims of preserving human life than destroying it. Both are stern, serious-types who follow orders and don't question their superiors. The two are also increadibly powerful, as Iffy can wipe out whole cities while KOS-MOS is capable of destroying an entire Gnosis fleet within seconds.

Well, hot damn, sir... I was thinking just the same thing the first time I saw this thread. And for once, I'm NOT just sucking up when I say this.  ;D

I totally agree... and though Iffy's more successful in this way, KOS-MOS's "soul", in a manner of speaking, also shines through by the end. Of course, Xenosaga is so gosh-darned cliffhangery that it's far too soon to tell just WHAT'S gonna happen with that.  :-/

*settles happily with Xenogears again in wait*

Her voice is also done by Ruby Marlowe, who was Fatora's VA. Pretty unsettling as in the game it's hinted that KOS-MOS and her creator are going to get involved in a lesbian relationship...  :-/

Shion also being voiced by Lia Sargent AKA Nanami. :3 Fatora/Nanami ahoy! (Don't EVEN get me started on the number of familiar VAs in that game...)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2003, 04:39:53 am by xel » Logged

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2003, 10:20:31 am »

*Nods* I, too, have felt that KOS-MOS is definitely a sister in spirit to OAV Ifurita. However, I've never really seen much of a physical resemblance (well, beyond them both being incredibly beautiful, of course ;D).

Faugh. A rather poorly thought-out rumor perpetuated by overly libidinous fans. >:( Shion makes her relationship to KOS-MOS VERY clear in the game: "KOS-MOS is like a daughter to me... or maybe a friend". A Shion/KOS-MOS romance would have uncomfortably incestuous implications.

The primary culprit behind this fan-rumor has to do with some promotional artwork for the game, which shows Shion standing behind KOS-MOS with her arms wrapped around her. Anyone thinking outside of their pants would recognize that as a very motherly gesture of affection. Ever seen a daughter (even an adopted daughter) being hugged by her mother? Would you assume by that the two want to do the hot 'n nasty? I sure hope not. (Kiddo need not answer this question. Mostly 'cause I really don't want to know how he would answer. ;))

The 1337 poster
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2003, 03:01:41 pm »

Though I agree that at the moment the KOS-MOS/Shion relationship isn't distinct, I really wouldn't put it past the creators of the game. After all, they had that disturbing pedophelia-esque scene with Albedo and MOMO, for God's sake...

Oh well, if they do go for it, I have no problem with it. It'll be so much better than that awful and, let's be honest, creepy relationship Jr. has to MOMO.

I Care Deep
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2003, 03:23:47 pm »

Oh well, if they do go for it, I have no problem with it. It'll be so much better than that awful and, let's be honest, creepy relationship Jr. has to MOMO.

Hrm... I have to concede to you on that point. On the surface (and I think this is how the authors of the story wish you to see it) it's a cute kiddy romance. "Aw, look, the little kids have a crush on each other! That's so cute!" Much like something out of Cardcaptor Sakura, or just about any other Shoujo piece whose primary romance doesn't involve a 20+ man macking on a 14- girl. It's all harmless, right?

But then, you suddenly remember - Jr.'s not really 12! He's a 25-year-old man in a 12-year-old body! Ew! Pedo! :o

But then, you suddenly remember - MOMO's not 12 either! She's an artificially created being, and she's looked like a 12-year-old girl since the day she was created! Worrying about her age is like worrying that Ifurita's too old for Makoto because she's 12000. ???

At this point, you start just getting confused, and a little creeped out. Are they both wierd? Or maybe neither? After all, Jr.'s always been stuck in an immature body, and so has presumably never developed an adult's sexual identity, unlike most pedophiles. On the other hand, whatever the reason, they DO both look like kids, and so envisioning their romance getting anywhere serious is pretty icky. :P

Me, I try to just take it at face value - the cute, harmless romance the creators probably intended. I have to admit, though, that I can't keep my eye from twitching every now and then anyway... :-X

The 1337 poster
Fujisawa4654
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2003, 04:53:10 pm »

Intriguing, most intriguing...

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2003, 05:30:21 am »

From a Neopets billboard at GenCon 2003 (Photo by Lord Pucci)

Hmm..... notice the complete and utter Ifurita-ness in the outfit of the chiXx0r on the left?

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2003, 07:08:23 pm »

Here's another one. This time from Scrapped Princess episode 18...

Winnia in an Ifurita wig! Sure, it's black ( |D =,]). But the bangs and waviness are exactly like Ifurita's hair. Shocking coincidence or minor tribute?

And speaking of Scrapped Princess, for those of you following the series, doesn't Shizu remind you of Ifurita? She's a weapon of incredible power, seemingly without feelings or emotions. Yet, the more she follows him around town, the more human she seems to become. Is her Sim counterpart really gone, after all? ^_^

MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2003, 07:56:17 pm »

Here's a generic fan art character I found while surfing randomly.  It comes from this site.

http://www.spinningjenny.com/hikaroo/images/Art/misc/violet.png
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2003, 01:46:41 am »

Sightings from our very own EHOL! I believe I mentioned before that Mylandah from the Battle Athletes OVA is the spitting image of Iffy (albeit, with sort of maroon hair and a level of 3V1L that puts Iffy's to shame)? I didn't have a pic to show however whilst perusing AIC Anthology Comic 3, I discovered this pic of Mylandah:

http://www.el-hazardonline-dl2.net/artbooks/AIC3/aic3aicgamecard1back2front.jpg

She's on the left page, bottom, number 9. It's not a clear pic but you get the idea. ^^; Interestingly enough, in this very same book is a picture of Ifurita herself cosplaying as TV Mylandah. ^^;

http://www.el-hazardonline-dl2.net/artbooks/AIC3/aic3story1page8.jpg

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines