Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:16:02 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  An Ifurita look-alike?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: An Ifurita look-alike?  (Read 7896 times)
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« on: July 27, 2003, 09:07:03 pm »

Yes they are the four gods of the four directions in chinese mythology and Feng Shui. However, those are their Japanese names. Suzaku; Crimson Phoenix of the South. Seiryu; Azure Dragon of the East. Genbu; Black Tortoise of the North. Byako;  White Tiger of the West. And yes, I am getting all this from Fushigi Yuugi (See anime and manga really do teach you new things and even change your life sometimes!). ^_^; I believe there's also sometimes a fifth one, a Gripphon. At least according to the "Boogie Woogie Feng Shui" episode of Cowboy Bebop. Heh heh

This thread over on the Non list got me thinking about when my wife and I recently finished watching Fushigi Yugi.  (It's an enjoyable series and highly recommended by yours truly.)

One of Byako's servants was actually an old woman when Miyaka and the Suzaku Seven first meet her.  But later she and her husband (who turned out to be Tamahome's sensei) took on the visage of their younger days--and she was a spittin' image of Ifurita! (Well, the FY character's hair was more white than it was blue-grey but even so the resemblance was uncanny, veil and all!)

The Ifurita look-alike only had a few minutes of screen time total toward the end of the series, which was moving too fast and frantically for me to catch her name.  Anyone know who our mystery warrior is?  And can anyone find a pict of her to share?

--me

Mark Engels
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2003, 10:30:37 pm »

Ah, you're referring to Subaru, one of the Byakko Seven, who had the ability to restore a person's physical body to the state it was at during any point within their lifetime - though at a cost.

Subaru, of the Byakko Seven

There's a resemblence, I guess - particularly in the bust line. ;D

A much better match, in my opinion, is Hyatt, from Excel Saga:

Hyatt, of ACROSS

For a while after I first saw her, but had not yet managed to memorize her name, I referred to her as "That Ifurita-lookin' girl".

Even better than Hyatt, though, is Sylia Stingray, from Bubblegum Crisis 2040. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of her of my own to share. Here's the best I could find on short notice, from someone's BGC2040 site:

Sylia, of the Knight Sabers

Ironically, in the original BGC series, there was a strong implication that Sylia was actually an android. :)

Anyone have any other Ifurita-look-alikes to share?

The 1337 poster
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2003, 01:42:28 am »

Well, my sister (when she had long hair anyway) looked a lot like tv Ifurita, 'cept with a darker complexion.

I Care Deep
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2003, 02:09:16 am »

Funny, you guys should bring this up, I was just thinking the very same thing (Ifurita look-alikes) not long ago. Lacking sufficient screencaps though, I put the thread idea on the back burner. Just happens to aquire a program that will let me get caps from DVDs though. ^^;

Just as AIC chara make cameos across various series, the chara often get reused in some fashion (happens alot in anime and manga, actually). BGC:T2040 is, of course, the most obvious Ifurita look alike. Although, I've heard people say that Gallatea looks like TV Iffy.

Not a very good pic. But yes, at least the bangs are a match. I think TV Sylia is most often compared to Iffy because of her hair color.

Miranda Akar Volder from the Battle Athletes OVA is the spitting image of Ifurita. Aside from the fact that her hair and eyes are a sort of purplish maroon color, the curliness of the hair and the face are a dead match. Sadly, the internet is lacking in pics of this great chara. But, rife with shots of her TV version. In the TV series, they changed her look (and also made her 100 times more psycho ^^; ). Too bad I don't own the DVDs.

Then there's a mysterious women from De:Vadasy. She appears only twice, in the command trailer. But she looks like Iffy and has curly hair, although it's brown. I don't know her name, she's just a background chara. ^^;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
daznsun
Londs' Screen Time

Reich Führer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2003, 06:56:29 pm »

Awwww... I was hoping this would be a "real-life ifurita" thread.  O wellz...

"Suicide. It's a way of telling God you can't fire me, I quit..."
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2003, 07:16:25 pm »

Then there's a mysterious women from De:Vadasy. She appears only twice, in the command trailer. But she looks like Iffy and has curly hair, although it's brown. I don't know her name, she's just a background chara. ^^;

Adcock...is this what you had in mind in your HnA fanfict when Ifurita actually CUTS her hair?  (Oh, the humanity!)  :)

Looking at it this way I don't think I mind too much.  Saucer might be the only one who can back me up on this, for I thought the pict above resembled Raisa Vogel from Outlanders (any other Manabe fans here?)

--me

Mark Engels
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2003, 07:55:09 pm »

There's a resemblence, I guess - particularly in the bust line. ;D

I challenge any heterosexual male to look at Spanner's first two pictures without looking at the bottom half of the picture for more than five seconds.  Anime just ain't fair to women, is it  :P

Anyone have any other Ifurita-look-alikes to share?

Here's a character from a recent anime called "Scrapped Princess."  Kinda sorta Ifurita-ish, I guess.

If the image link fails-- it's at the bottom of this page:
Shin Getter Anime! - 05/11/2003 - Ningen Kousaten - Human Scramble, DEAR BOYS, Scrapped Princess

Adcock...is this what you had in mind in your HnA fanfict when Ifurita actually CUTS her hair?  (Oh, the humanity!)  :)

Erm, no...  it's a bit hard to tell from that picture, but I think it's shorter than that.  It's off Ifurita's shoulders.  (That's one of my first fanart projects, if and when I can get to it.)  But hey, if you don't like it-- she's immortal.  There's plenty of time for it to grow back  ;D
washuchan
Demon God(ess)

charity, not love

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2003, 08:22:33 pm »

Well, my sister (when she had long hair anyway) looked a lot like tv Ifurita, 'cept with a darker complexion.

hmmm, how nice to be you (suteki na)....
say, would she mind cosplaying and you taking her pic?
:D

kiddo, Rob's sister?...I thought it's LGJinnai who got the lookalike sis
« Last Edit: July 28, 2003, 08:40:13 pm by washuchan » Logged
kiddo
Bugrom Forces

Hentai man.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2003, 08:26:19 pm »

Actually, Washu, she kinda did that a long time ago. Rob posted a pic sometime ago... she looked ho-::shot::

Join the THNH Today! Defeat the Admin Power Abuse Clan!

Put this in your sidepic/avatar
----------------------------------
What's so wrong with Miz, anyway? I happen t
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2003, 08:40:52 pm »

http://www.el-hazardonline.net/El-Hazard/images/cosplay/Sarah_Ifurita.jpg

http://www.el-hazardonline.net/El-Hazard/images/cosplay/Sarah_Ifurita2.jpg

She did a pretty nice job.  Although I think for some reason, either the camera or the light made her look chunkier than she really is.  Maybe it's because she actually let her suit have a little breathing room.  ;)

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
washuchan
Demon God(ess)

charity, not love

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2003, 08:56:26 pm »

yoshi!...I've made up my mind to make Ifreeta costume (even if it takes a life time :-/..perfection is the theme here), I already got the slender figure, thin lips, somewhat big eyes....time to have long hair again..

uh, now the staff..hmmm ???
since the transformer guy is my idol, it's either I have to be able to hover or the staff can realy blast something to dust
« Last Edit: July 28, 2003, 09:04:34 pm by washuchan » Logged
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2003, 10:26:42 pm »

Mark - I think that girl from De:Vadasy just has her hair pulled back. ^^;

MrWhat - w00t! Another Scrapped Princess fan! Fine, fine series. ^_^

Rob - w00t! You found the another Sarah/Ifurita pic! I was looking for those awhile back, and she managed to dig up the first one.

Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2003, 01:35:24 am »

I challenge any heterosexual male to look at Spanner's first two pictures without looking at the bottom half of the picture for more than five seconds.

Done and DONE! Bwah hah hahahaha! To a brilliant mind like mine, women are like potatos; they all look the same to me!

hmmm, how nice to be you (suteki na)....
say, would she mind cosplaying and you taking her pic?

Errr... actually, she refuses to let me post pictures of her on the internet again. It's a long, boring story involving anime messageboards, obsessive fan boys, and a four month long stalking incident.

Sheesh, it was just a joke. Kid sisters have no sense of humor.  :-/

I Care Deep
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2003, 09:04:35 pm »

She did a pretty nice job.  Although I think for some reason, either the camera or the light made her look chunkier than she really is.  Maybe it's because she actually let her suit have a little breathing room.  ;)

It's true I DO look a little chunky there... must be the camera... though I DID let the dress out about half an inch cos... well it WAS hard to brethe in ^_^;

I'd probably have looked thinner if I had worn a corset or something... but meh...

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2003, 10:27:59 pm »

It's true I DO look a little chunky there... must be the camera... though I DID let the dress out about half an inch cos... well it WAS hard to brethe in ^_^;

I'd probably have looked thinner if I had worn a corset or something... but meh...

Members of the Secret Closet Goth Society don't need to wear corsets! Well, not the girls at least. Your secret identity would be revealed! Now the guys on the other hand........ ::shoots questioning look at MrWhat::

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines