Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:17:03 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XI
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XI  (Read 9885 times)
Adrain_Shepard
Londs' Screen Time

US Marines Corps Special Forces Unit

ICQ Messenger - 283272719 AOL Instant Messenger - AStrick576 Yahoo Instant Messenger - AdrainShephardHL
View Profile Email
« on: July 23, 2003, 12:13:23 pm »

I know I'm getting Final Fantasy XI for the ps 2 version.I was wondering if you guys are going to get this mmorpg for PS 2 or PC.

World of Warcraft:Server:Zul'Jin
Death Knight Human level 80 Kiyomitakada
Warrior Human level 80 Giselleandal
Rouge Human level 72 Suzukatwligh
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2003, 01:12:52 pm »

Well, I played it at E3, and found it to be pretty good. I doubt I'd buy all the accessories for the PS2 that comes with it though, my budget is a bit lacking at the moment. If I were to buy it, I'd probably get the PC version. Unfortunately I don't really have the time for MMORPGs anymore; those bastards eat up a hellava lotta precious hours.

Chrystal Chronicles and FF X-2 were pretty fun to play; I'll most likely get those instead.

I Care Deep
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2003, 01:26:16 pm »

I don't know whether I'm going to or not... I've religiously bought Final Fantasy games up 'til now, but the whole concept behind MMORPGs makes me kinda uneasy. They seem like games that you need to invest a WHOLE lot of time into to fully enjoy. Games like FFX, or Xenosaga, or others of that nature rarely take more than 80 hours to fully explore.

I'm sort of intrigued by the idea of an alternate, online life (heck, I'm sort of living one just by being Spanner on various message boards and such like this one), but I'm not sure if MMORPGs are the best way to go about such a thing.

If I do buy FFXI, it'll probably be for PC, unless the PS2 version is notably superior.

BTW Adrain_Shepard, I'm guessing by your name that you're probably a Half Life fan. Looking forward to Half Life 2? Have you seen the E3 demo? Pretty sweet lookin' innit? ;D

"Well, well... Isn't this just like... old times..." -The Administrator, Half Life 2

The 1337 poster
Adrain_Shepard
Londs' Screen Time

ICQ Messenger - 283272719 AOL Instant Messenger - AStrick576 Yahoo Instant Messenger - AdrainShephardHL
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2003, 01:57:00 pm »

Yep Half-life is a cool game,I'm looking forward for Half-life 2 and saw the gameplay of it.It was cool.Yep This guy is from the Opposing Force Add-on for Half-life =) and of course G-man is your boss in Half-life 2.=)

If ya want FFXI for PC read the requirements before you get it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2003, 02:04:25 pm by adrain_shepard » Logged

Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2003, 07:24:37 pm »

If you've never played an MMORPG, let me just put it this way.  They're very time consuming in the way that it makes everything hard to do.  Basically leveling up is difficult by deliberate scarcity of monsters to fight, etc.  The idea is to make the game last months because you can't get anywhere unless you play for months.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2003, 10:05:43 pm »

I'm not really a big RPG person. I'm partial to fighting and shooting games myself. Although I really enjoy the Shenmue series. Maybe because it's such an amalgamation of so many other types of games; MMORPG, fighting, adventure, dating sim, digital novel..... And now, we finally have some confirmation that AM2 will be releasing the finale game in the series, Shenmue 3. ^_^; Although, I wonder how it will fair, without Yu Suzuki working on it?

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2003, 02:44:19 pm »

I plan to get the PS2 verison of it, my PC probbly couldn't handle the game and I prefer to play games on consoles than PC's.

Unfortunatly liveing here in the UK I have to wait to March for it to come out still I plan on giveing a long play on it to get to alteast level 10 on the first day if i am not busy

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2003, 02:58:07 pm »

While I'm a little intrigued by the concept of MMORPG!Final Fantasy, I kinda feel the same way as Spanner about it. Also, it was ruined a bit for me when this guy I talk to went crazy and jumped up my butt when I said I wasn't planning on playing it. >_>

For the immediate future, I'm reeeally looking forward to Silent Hill 3. August 6th, baby!  ;D

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2003, 03:47:36 pm »

It's Chaos Legion, Product No. 3, and Viewtiful Joe for me.  8)

I Care Deep
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2003, 12:52:20 am »

Oooh, mustn't forget Chaos Legion. My god, I almost pissed my pants when I saw the character designs alone.

Innovative AND pretty. Always a good combination.  :P

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2003, 09:04:29 pm »

I am eagerly awaiting Soul Calibur 2 and DOA Online myself. And DOA Code Cronus, if and when Team Ninja ever actually releases any information about it.

And hey, wasn't Virtua Fighter Quest supposed to be out this December? Since it's the 10th annivesary. ^_^;

Adrain_Shepard
Londs' Screen Time

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2003, 08:05:45 pm »

Well you guys I finally had Final Fantasy XI for PC!!!!  ^_^V man one of the forums I joined is on a linkshell right now! and i need to get over with my pc parts.So i'm going to hold on to it until i get this new pc ordering completed and putting them together. (FFXI is like the .hack video game)

Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2003, 12:04:56 am »

Well you guys I finally had Final Fantasy XI for PC!!!!  ^_^V man one of the forums I joined is on a linkshell right now! and i need to get over with my pc parts.So i'm going to hold on to it until i get this new pc ordering completed and putting them together. (FFXI is like the .hack video game)

Well, I certainly hope it's a better MMORPG than the one simulated in .hack. I think I'd go nuts if I had to play "The World" without all the crazy data bugs, hacked software, and mystical AI's that are in the game. If you take out all the stuff in "The World" that SHOULDN'T be there, you're left with an awfully lame MMORPG. ;)

The 1337 poster
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2003, 05:11:22 am »

If you've never played an MMORPG, let me just put it this way.  They're very time consuming in the way that it makes everything hard to do.  Basically leveling up is difficult by deliberate scarcity of monsters to fight, etc.  The idea is to make the game last months because you can't get anywhere unless you play for months.

Yeah really :p They do that so they can get you to invest ludicrious amounts of money into their service... I hear kids talking about how they shell out $15 a month to about 2 or 3 different servers to join in on various MMORPGs and I'm like...

"Screw it. I only have TIME to play games for about 3 hours a week  on a GOOD week. I sure as hell ain't gonna shell out any additional money to hook up to some guy's server to play a game that is designed with the intent that you never get anywhere so that they can keep pumping you dry every month... "

HELL NO!

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2003, 10:19:07 pm »

Or, you could attempt to play Warcraft III on Battlenet and get blasted as soon as you join by the fucktards who play Battlenet 6 hours a day. And then insult you. ^____^;;;;

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines