Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:47:39 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Makoto Vs. Jinnai
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Makoto Vs. Jinnai  (Read 7839 times)
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2003, 05:51:34 pm »

In a serious, fair fight, who would win? Makoto or Jinnai?

I believe that if Jinnai actually put aside his stupid plots and left his Bugrom at home, he'd kick Mizuhara's wimpy ass but good. Just take a look at the beginning of the OAV, when Makoto ran away from him. Or in the tv series, when they had that sword fight. Jinnai was doing pretty good, blocking all of Makoto's girly swings, until of course the end when he thought his idiotically constructed plan backfired.

I Care Deep
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 07:46:04 pm »

Ah, Jinnai blood.  How agressive it does make you, eh? :P

Okay, in a one-on-one fist fight, I think Makoto would generally be too clumsy to land a blow.  He's a techie, not a fighter.  It's hard to say how Jinnai fairs.  I mean, I'd imagine he gets around a lot with his Bugrom troops and is found leading them in a dash in OAV2.  All signs point to him being in generally good shape... ignoring AW's nightmarish "fat Jinnai" incident, which thankfully resolved itself.

During reconstruction, at least in the few shots provided by AW, it seems to me that Jinnai was fairly involved, which may buff him up a bit more.

Ultimately, if it's a one-on-one, I'll put my vote down for Jinnai.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Makoto Mizuhara
Dimension Traveler

Mak-Daddy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 12:26:01 am »

Everyone always wants to pick on the Mak-daddy...

One-on-one fight winner?  Probbaly Jinnai... by default...

Why would Mak-daddy want to bother with a stupid fight when it would seriously cut into his pimpin' time?

Ergo, Jinnai would win because Makoto wouldn't show up because he'd be busy pimpin' it up big-time.

Makoto:  Yo Shayla, get your holy ass back in mah car befo' I make yo' taste dah back of mah hand!

Shayla: You ARE the Mak-daddy Pimp-mastah!

Makoto:  Yo' damn right.  Now let me show you why I'm da real "Mastah of da Staff."

Deleted scene from the deleted series "El-Hazard - The Blaxploitation World"

Sorry, I haven't posted in awhile so I figured I make it stupid and pointless.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2003, 12:27:48 am by makoto_mizuhara13 » Logged

El-Hazard Information, collected with TLC because of OCD...

(http://www.geocities.com/MakotosMWO/) http://www.el-hazardonline.net
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2003, 12:38:23 am »

Grrr... lousy Mizuhara... always flaunting his mad pimpin'...

I Care Deep
jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2003, 12:45:10 am »

Hmmm, tough one. Personally, I think it would be Makoto. He's just lucky. Something would inevitably happen, like in the final showdown between the two in the Wanderers, or at the begginning of The Magnificent World. Like a stray meteor would fall on Jinnai, or a bolt of lightning would streak out of the sky and smite him.

Of course, it goes without saying that I'd be on Jinnai's side. I really can't stand Makoto and his blundering around El-Hazard. Still, I don't think the writers would really condone such a thing. After all, Makoto's the leading man, *and* it seems that he's more athletic than Jinnai anyways. (Of course, I say that only out of respect to the numerous shots of Makoto beating Jinnai at sports.)

But anyways, I'm sure that Jinnai could wipe the floor with Makoto at chess or something. And even though it goes against my whole point, I'd love to see Makoto getting a good butt-kicking from Jinnai.  ;D
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2003, 08:16:30 am »

In a serious, fair fight, who would win? Makoto or Jinnai?

I believe that if Jinnai actually put aside his stupid plots and left his Bugrom at home, he'd kick Mizuhara's wimpy ass but good. Just take a look at the beginning of the OAV, when Makoto ran away from him. Or in the tv series, when they had that sword fight. Jinnai was doing pretty good, blocking all of Makoto's girly swings, until of course the end when he thought his idiotically constructed plan backfired.

It's pretty much a moot point, I'm afraid. Even if Makoto were willing, it's simply against Jinnai's work ethic to participate in a fair fight. If Jinnai put aside his stupid plots and left his Bugrom at home, he wouldn't be Jinnai. ;D

The 1337 poster
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2003, 09:06:51 am »

If Jinnai put aside his stupid plots and left his Bugrom at home, he wouldn't be Jinnai. ;D

I think that pretty much DOES sum it up, unfortunately.

Do I know where Jewel's sidepic is from? O_o

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2003, 08:56:41 pm »

Hmmm, tough one. Personally, I think it would be Makoto. He's just lucky. Something would inevitably happen, like in the final showdown between the two in the Wanderers, or at the begginning of The Magnificent World. Like a stray meteor would fall on Jinnai, or a bolt of lightning would streak out of the sky and smite him.

I agree with this... Jinnai suffers from "anime-sociopath" bad luck. Same thing Rock has trouble with... Although Jinnai SHOULD be able to take Makoto some weird twist of fate would royally screw him over...

Though the original post said if it were a "fair fight"... if it were a fair fight and no cosmic bitch were out to get Jinnai... yes... yes Jinnai would win...  Or... would he? He might get so cocky during the fight that he'd just stand there laughing at Makoto's sorry ass til Makoto got up and slugged him...

I guess it all depends on wether Jinnai likes it like that or not too... I mean if Jinnai is secretly a masochist, he might LIKE getting beat up... in which case... even if he could take Makoto, he would just stand there and let him kick the crap out of him (as Rock has a tendancy to do).

I'm thinking about this too much...

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2003, 09:25:18 pm »

Ah... I finally have time for this thread.

I'm going to have to go with Mizuhara. He simply more intelligent. Look at all the EH series. He outwits Jinnai and foils his plans at every turn. Or sometimes, Jinnai becomes his own undoing (like the sword fight). Jinnai relies too much on deciet, subterfuge and brute force. It's his own undoing. True strategy requires brains. Of which, Mizuhara possesses more.

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Neil Lafrenais
Demon God(ess)

Lovely Runey

AOL Instant Messenger - Neil+Lafrenais
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2003, 09:20:03 am »

I dunno... Jinnai is kinda scrawny and pasety to be perfectly honest. Even if Makoto was a wussy puncher (and we all know he would be), I think it would catch Jinnai's thin, white frame off guard and knock him to the floor.

So, the winner = Makoto, for having some damn colour in his cheeks ;)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 09:23:09 am by neil_lafrenais » Logged

Maximum boobage!!
rowan_a._seven
Demon God(ess)

Demon Gods - as dangerous as they are cute.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2003, 10:35:20 am »

I'd say it depends on the time and universe.  If the fight took place in the OAV series before they were transported to El Hazard I'd go with Makoto since he seemed to be the more athletic of the two.  Jinnai was only winning because Makoto ran away the entire time.

After the Alternative World, though, I'd almost certainly place my bets on Jinnai because of the incredibly high pain threshold he's developed.  If collapsing walls and Shayla's fiery temper aren't enough to stop him I doubt Makoto's punches would have better luck.  Plus Jinnai's physical fitness seems to have increased dramatically while Makoto has been busy researching dimensional travel in his lab.

In the Wanderers timeline, though, both Makoto and Jinnai are a bit on the scrawny side.  Still, I'd go with Jinnai since he's the sneakier of the two unless Makoto is in his "rescue Rune at any cost" mode.
frizbon
Londs' Screen Time

SERVE THE HIVE...

AOL Instant Messenger - Frizbon
View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2003, 10:36:20 am »

To paraphrase the tick:
Makoto has Carey Grant Karma, because he always prevails, whereas Jinnai has Mussilini Karma.  Everything was going great until he had a really really bad day.

In short, Jinnai might prove some difficulty to Makoto, but in the end, in a physical fight, Jinnai would be going down.  Saddly I have absolutely no reasoning for this that has not already been mentioned so...
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2003, 06:24:43 pm »

Hmm, hard to say, hard to say. I mean, it all comes down to which series you're watching and how much credibility you put to it. ^^;

I tend to see the OAV, of course, in the lead in that respect, with perhaps Wanderers tailing close behind. It's been so long since I've seen OAV2 that I just can't offer an opinion on that... and, as expected, AW is last in the pecking order. ^^

That said...

Well, it's obvious that I'm rooting for Jinnai anyway, so color me biased.  :P But really, just looking at the physical prowess of both of 'em, I'm not sure who I'm inclined to go for.

Take for example Jinnai's flashback in the first ep of the OAV when Makoto wins that distance-run-marathon thing with little difficulty, all smiles and whatnot. Then think of Jinnai stumbling up to the finish line, panting heavily and then collapsing to the ground with a dry heave. ^__^;;; Of course, he then later chases down Makoto with no hint of exhaustion, so I guess it's anybody's call.  :-/ Maybe he had adrenaline on his side at that time?

In terms of Wanderers, that demi-fistfight they had before Jinnai kidnapped Rune and Nanami seemed pretty evenly matched, honestly. They both got some pretty good hits in.

Also, I had to have this pointed out to me, but it's very interesting now that I think of it. I seem to remember Makoto saying something about how incredibly heavy Ifurita is earlier in the series, but when Jinnai picks her up in the Eye of God, he lifts her with no apparent difficulty. I suppose that could conceivably be seen as evidence that Jinnai may be physically stronger than Makoto is...

Ultimately, well... my Lord God's got the ambition, at least.  ;D

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
washuchan
Demon God(ess)

charity, not love

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2003, 04:45:05 am »

well, in OVA Makoto ran from Jinnai cause he's a gentle guy (ok....a wuss, I still have this thing against him from Wanderers), so not necessarily Jinnai is stronger person

Besides, judging physically, both of them are too skinny to show signs of workout time and definitely show lack of PT time. One is too busy being nice to even consider building humself, the other too busy planning malicious plan to have exercise time.

Now, sonce physically they might be equal, the smarter one should win. We know which one that is.
Also you can live even when everybody hates you, but not when you hate everybody

kiddo
Bugrom Forces

Hentai man.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2003, 08:37:40 pm »

We should make a sort of "Street Fighter" esque GameEngine to handle these problems. Or convert the characters into MUGEN or KOF91 characters.

Join the THNH Today! Defeat the Admin Power Abuse Clan!

Put this in your sidepic/avatar
----------------------------------
What's so wrong with Miz, anyway? I happen t
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines