Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:48:59 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Ah!  The other Pittsburgh El-Hazard Fan ... Artist
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Ah!  The other Pittsburgh El-Hazard Fan ... Artist  (Read 7074 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« on: July 20, 2003, 03:22:26 pm »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3234341711&category=1345

Fanart looks okay.  I should get in contact with this person, seeing as I don't know a single El-Hazard fan that lives within any good distance.  And hey, if I want the fanart, I could probably save on shipping by just going to pick it up.  ;)

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2003, 09:07:17 pm »

He he.  Poor Shayla.  I wonder how Alielle got that much rope around her in the first place.

Did you view that seller's other items?  There's a certain theme that runs through all the fan art.  But I just captioned Nanami begging to be tied up, so I can't say anything  
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2003, 10:14:50 pm »

Did you view that seller's other items?  There's a certain theme that runs through all the fan art.  But I just captioned Nanami begging to be tied up, so I can't say anything  

^_^;;; Yes........

Poor Aisha, and all that duct tape (I'd actually be more concerned about the pipes)...... And Naga...... (OK not too suprised there. Where'd she get the ball gag from?) And Deedlit, well not too suprised there either. ^^; Wow yes, there does appear to be a "theme" here doesn't there? ^^;;;;;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2003, 11:13:42 am »

Right.  "View seller's other items" has made me literally scared.  O_o

Now I wonder if it's worthwhile. ;p

Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2003, 11:55:53 am »

And that's not the scariest part...

I actually saw some of that at the Anime Convention they had over here.  I saw the artwork, but I didn't see that particular picture or the person.

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2003, 09:52:30 pm »

Right.  "View seller's other items" has made me literally scared.  O_o

Now I wonder if it's worthwhile. ;p

What's the big deal? It's just a harmless obsession with rope. And duct tape. And ball gags and......... Wait a minute. O_O;

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2003, 10:04:53 pm »

Yeah.  Well, I mean, perhaps it was just a "thing".  But if Tim remembers the art (and I vaguely remember thinking I've seen the non-Shayla ones before), then perhaps I really should get in contact with the person anyway.  It may be a once in a lifetime chance, at least for right now.  ... I can't believe it's THIS HARD to find another El-Hazard fan in the Pittsburgh area.  ;_;  I mean, when I went to aforementioned con, there was not one sign of El-Hazard anywhere except a few VHS/DVDs.  A whole local con.  Not one bit of EH fan sighting.  Of course, had this wonderful Shayla image showed up I would've had to meet this person.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 10:05:54 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2003, 10:24:44 pm »

Pittsburgh is pretty big, yes? And even small cities (like mine) have anime fans. Whether they're El Hazard fans or not is another matter, of course. But most fans I've met are at least familiar with El Hazard in some capacity. I'm sure there are more in Pittsburgh. But, how to locate them?

You and your sister could put the seats way back in her car (G4|\|G5+4 L34|\|!!!), and cruise the boulevard night after night, beatin' out "Boys Be Free" until someone gives ya a thumbs up?

Or, you could cosplay as Jinnai and rant and rave on a popular corner like a street preacher until someone catches on?

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2003, 11:09:17 pm »

Pittsburgh is pretty big, yes? And even small cities (like mine) have anime fans. Whether they're El Hazard fans or not is another matter, of course. But most fans I've met are at least familiar with El Hazard in some capacity.

Yeah, I know.  But I'm looking for the ones like you, MrWhat, etc.  The biggest El-Hazard fan I know in close range is my brother Tim.  :P

I'm sure there are more in Pittsburgh. But, how to locate them?

You and your sister could put the seats way back in her car (G4|\|G5+4 L34|\|!!!), and cruise the boulevard night after night, beatin' out "Boys Be Free" until someone gives ya a thumbs up?

Heh.  Maybe outside a college campus.  Prime source for "matured" anime fans.  ;p  Not very viable solution, of course.

Or, you could cosplay as Jinnai and rant and rave on a popular corner like a street preacher until someone catches on?

Perhaps police pull up and wonder if I'm drunk or otherwise incapacitated.   ;D

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2003, 12:58:56 pm »

Well, there, contacted the artist via eBay.

Now, if this were an ideal story where I was the main character, the artist would turn out to be some young, pretty unattached female and we would get together promptly seeing as its practically required since we're so close by.

Of course, in all reality, I'll be glad to get the following in order of importance:

1) Actually even get a response
2) Actually place El-Hazard a bit above common anime
3) Make a local EH buddy

MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2003, 07:59:45 pm »

Now, if this were an ideal story where I was the main character, the artist would turn out to be some young, pretty unattached female and we would get together promptly seeing as its practically required since we're so close by.

If it were Mr. What's ideal story, the artist would turn out to be some < 35YO pretty unattached female who was living out her submissive fantasies through fan art...

What?  Why are all of you looking at me like that?

Anyhoo, good luck with the contact, Rob.
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2003, 08:03:02 pm »

Pittsburgh is pretty big, yes? And even small cities (like mine) have anime fans.

:: points and laughs :: big? Pittsburgh may have the footage... but the population decreases every year... guess what?! In 2 weeks there shall be one less Pittsburgh-er... namely ... ME! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! TAKE THAT STUPID DIRTY PITTSBURGH!

[size=0](the stupid dirty Pittsburgh line was from my friend David ^_^; after leaning against a telephone pole and finding some kind of goo on his hand).
[/size]

Hmm not a bad idea... but in about 2 weeks my car may be with me in Guam... I shall have to try that there... I may end up with some Japanese friends ^_^; or at the very least some happy Japanese tourists!

On this note... Bob... I hear the best way to meet anime fans is to get in touch with the University of Pittsburgh Anime Club. They have a fairly big club and I heard the meetings are open to the public (you may want to check up on that though). Amanda talked to them a bit... trying to arrange stuff between them and the Edinboro Club... If nothing else... you can tell there is a STRONG anime following in Oakland cos of that big ass anime rental place on Craig Street... they probably have El Hazard ^_^ You may meet some nice anime loving Pitt girl ^_^;

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2003, 08:03:11 pm »

What?  Why are all of you looking at me like that?

Cause your story is even better than mine.  ;)

Anyhoo, good luck with the contact, Rob.

No reply yeeettt...

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars &amp; Loud Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2003, 09:44:31 pm »

On this note... Bob... I hear the best way to meet anime fans is to get in touch with the University of Pittsburgh Anime Club. They have a fairly big club and I heard the meetings are open to the public (you may want to check up on that though). Amanda talked to them a bit... trying to arrange stuff between them and the Edinboro Club... If nothing else... you can tell there is a STRONG anime following in Oakland cos of that big ass anime rental place on Craig Street... they probably have El Hazard ^_^ You may meet some nice anime loving Pitt girl ^_^;

"You think Oakland California is the city of punks?
It only takes a second to pop the trunk....."

Oh wait, you're talking about Oakland, PA right? ^^; Heh heh. Seriously, I hear college anime clubs usually are open to non-students. Give it a try!

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2003, 09:48:57 pm »

Tis a shame that I'm often working during normal people hours though, huh?  *thinks of his 11:30-8 shift tommorow* ;p

I just said to someone on AIM "There's only two females who work at our location.  They're both middle aged, one's menupausal, and they're both on the early schedule while I'm primarily late.  That only leaves customers which would be a bad thing if approached incorrectly ... I admit my reality leaves me fairly regularly detached from attainable women."  I guess it also does from any chance of meeting anime fans as well.  Man I'm a forced loner.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2003, 09:49:56 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines