Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:06:53 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Being forced to go outside has its benefits.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Being forced to go outside has its benefits.  (Read 3759 times)
wanderer_staroxide
« on: July 19, 2003, 08:30:09 pm »

Yes, this is on topic and yes I am a newbie.

Anywho, I remember a long time ago when Rob posted the first part of the original OAV. I managed to get it and watched it. I enjoyed it but due to my 4gig hard drive [That's what you get for buying an eMachine] I had to delete the movie once I was done with it, which sucked.

A long time passes by and after various encouragements to actually watch more of this great lil' anime I happen to be at the Video Store which my family dragged me too Thursday when I found 2 DVDs for El-Hazard Alternative World. Like a idiot, I only got one.

Now I see what all the fuss what about. Dispite the fact I only recognize four characters, it's still enjoyable and great.

The DVD I got was Alternative World Volume 2, the one with episodes 5-7. I already watched the first one on Thursday and the second one today. The next episode looks fun with the two women stuck with the crazy one.

So... I just wanted to say El-Hazard is great and a nice break from working on my, er "game," which I'm 50% complete done with the plot. It's a mess, but still I'm 50% done with the plot.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 10:56:56 pm »

What's up, wanderer_staroxide? El Hazard is just a great anime. See, even you can tell that from the little you've seen of it. Hope you get a chance to pick up more soon. Most people prefer the OVAs. Some prefer Wanderers. Watch as much as you can, and decide for your self. Good luck, and happy watching!

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
daznsun
Londs' Screen Time

Reich Führer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2003, 01:39:08 am »

Hahaha, don't you hate when you watch just a few eps of an anime series, and then get immediately obsessed? (I know staying up late to wait for my downloads to finish on IRC has got to be unhealthy...)

"Suicide. It's a way of telling God you can't fire me, I quit..."
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2003, 07:42:37 am »

Ah, another who falls in on the middle of Alternative World, completely missing the major OAV plots.  :P  Well, not completely.  I remember when I did that at Moogle Cavern -- "demo" El-Hazard -- that was the first three eps in RM format.  (Deliberately stopped before things actually pick up, although maybe better showmanship would've come from four, but I probably shouldn't have been doing it anyway.)

Oh well.  The [full] OAV is highly recommended.  And really required to get a full feel for everyone before Alternative World gets going.  Then you can at least appreciate things like what happens between Jinnai and Shayla in AW #4, which is an absolute hoot for anyone familiar with them.   ;D

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Neil Lafrenais
Demon God(ess)

Lovely Runey

AOL Instant Messenger - Neil+Lafrenais
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2003, 11:36:33 am »

Hey, Mac. ;)

Anyway, ALTERNATIVE WORLD? Aieeee! ;D It burns.

Maximum boobage!!
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2003, 02:38:38 pm »

Hahaha, don't you hate when you watch just a few eps of an anime series, and then get immediately obsessed? (I know staying up late to wait for my downloads to finish on IRC has got to be unhealthy...)

Heh heh. I maxed out my HD in like 2 months, so I had to get a second one. ^^;

Part of the problem is I learned to sleep with my computer running. Bad habit. Next thing you know, it's on 24/7 downloading entire series at one blow.

Well, I suppose it's not as bad as blowing your hard-earned cash on commercial anime titles. Another bad habit of mine........... ^^;;;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines