Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:15:21 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  [BANDWIDTH yum] Music Videos / other media, more??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: [BANDWIDTH yum] Music Videos / other media, more??  (Read 6649 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« on: July 14, 2003, 10:25:27 am »

As long as ZmOz doesn't go under or kick me off, I have 4GB of "professional" high-speed download webspace now available for filling with stuff.

Now, the question is, what would we like to try bloating it with? ;)

I know there were a few music video recommendations to me over time, but up until now I didn't download them for two reasons; one, I needed to clear my "2 week waiting period" with AMV, and two I didn't want to like one enough to repost it on my we-all-know-it-sucks DSL hosted server.  So I'm lost again.  :P  Any at least 90% EH content video I think is post-worthy.  (I'm not so much for 5 second cameos.)

And other than music videos, is there anything else you think I should carry?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 10:26:10 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
washuchan
Demon God(ess)

charity, not love

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2003, 03:39:04 pm »

archives of all kind???...& my combined pics ;)

btw, is that avatar your fan art? I don't recall seeing it anywhere 'n there was time where I'm surfing for a week just to collect everything EH related
« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 03:42:20 pm by washuchan » Logged
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2003, 04:08:36 pm »

Hmm... One suggestion might be short movies of cool scenes from the show. Like Shayla-Shayla's first "power up" sequence, or Ifurita's destruction of that city. Nothing like whole episodes, but clips that might increase interest in the series for the casual websurfer.

Here's a few other cool scenes you might want to consider:

OAV1:

-Unsealing the Eye of God

-The Giant Bugrom

OAV2:

-Shayla-Shayla's first kiss ;D

-The midair duel between Kalia and Ifurita 2

Alternative World:

-Jinnai's abuse at Shayla's hands ;D

-The assembling of the Eye of God

The Wanderers:

-Ifurita's duel with Shayla and Miz

-Makoto's swordfight with Jinnai

Anyone else have favorite scenes they want to add to the list? Remember, they should be relatively short.

The 1337 poster
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2003, 04:24:38 pm »

Spanner - "Hmm... One suggestion might be short movies of cool scenes from the show. Like Shayla-Shayla's first "power up" sequence, or Ifurita's destruction of that city. Nothing like whole episodes, but clips that might increase interest in the series for the casual websurfer."

Very interesting.

I have had the idea and I'm starting the collection.

I hope that what I provide will be enough (or not too much) for the populace.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 05:14:55 pm by thegameguy » Logged

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
executor82
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2003, 07:38:53 pm »

I agree with Spanner  ;)

How about

- Nanamis description of Fujisawa in OVA2

or the scenes were Fatola and Alielle are dressing up at the two purification ceremonies??? - Alternative world
(sex sells best I think  ;) )
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2003, 07:50:39 pm »

btw, is that avatar your fan art? I don't recall seeing it anywhere 'n there was time where I'm surfing for a week just to collect everything EH related

I've done that. ;)  As for the image, I honestly don't know WHAT it is.  Here is the image in full:

I really ought to open up the "unsorted / unknown" directory to the public.  Someone may know better than I regarding the origin of a given image.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 07:51:25 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

washuchan
Demon God(ess)

charity, not love

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2003, 09:24:39 pm »

it's definitely great to see destruction scenes from both Ifurita OAV & Ifreeta Wanderers
The OAV has succesive destruction of one city after another, Wanderer only shows one (gigantic), but the execution is more "Su go i"!!

hmmm, now I recall seeing that full pics, I wonder if she's:

- trying hard too keep up with Jiinai's pace
- walking quietly, about to surprise him
- walking quietly, ready to knock him out cold

what do you think of the sad Ifreeta, Rob? I'd like to make it in color, but was afraid I'd spoil the expression

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2003, 09:33:39 pm »

what do you think of the sad Ifreeta, Rob? I'd like to make it in color, but was afraid I'd spoil the expression

Well, we have the original up and ready... it couldn't hurt to try.  Color would be a nice touch.  You should practice at least and try to up your art skills.  I would love to see a few prominent El-Hazard fan artists someday.  Not counting doujinshi artists, there are incredibly few custom drawings by common people.

I would like to say this image isn't by another doujinshi artist, but it has an ownership seal on it indicating it was very likely at least a Japanese artist, therefore most likely a doujinshi artist.

MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2003, 11:11:49 pm »

this image

FYI, if no one else has mentioned it yet.  That fan art is by Tsutaya Katsuodou.  (I got the link from the Yahoo! club.)  Take a look at his El-Hazard gallery, "works" list, and "Under construction" English page.
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2003, 11:25:34 pm »

Well, that's a start.  We need more like Tsutaya Katsuodou.  ;p

Makoto Mizuhara
Dimension Traveler

Mak-Daddy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2003, 12:04:57 am »

FYI, if no one else has mentioned it yet.  That fan art is by Tsutaya Katsuodou.  (I got the link from the Yahoo! club.)  Take a look at his El-Hazard gallery, "works" list, and "Under construction" English page.

Yeah, Katsuwo is a great artist and a stand up person to boot.  KTW helped me out a few years backwhen I was looking for chibi pics for my first El-Hazard page, and even created a custom Qawool chibi for me as a gift (One I still use to this day.)

KTW also sent me a stack of doujinshi CD calanders that were simply gorgeous and it was a real pity that they were only good for one year.  There is one piece I still have on my wall that unfortunately is not in the galleries

Ifurita, with pig tails and tank top holding up Ura.  It just screams out "Wholesome Girl Next Door." Prolly the reason why it still hangs on my wall, even though it hasn't been relevant to the actual date for 3 years. ^_^

El-Hazard Information, collected with TLC because of OCD...

(http://www.geocities.com/MakotosMWO/) http://www.el-hazardonline.net
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2003, 10:22:48 pm »

Here's a suggestion Rob. How about the ability to download soundtracks in the MP3 section as complete, zipped files? Sort of like what you have for the artbooks and such?

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2003, 10:26:37 pm »

I suppose that can work.  I guess I always figured if you wanted a particular song you'd just pick it out, especially since quite a few of the soundtracks overlap.

rowan_a._seven
Demon God(ess)

Demon Gods - as dangerous as they are cute.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2003, 09:18:12 am »

I think more music videos would be nice since they're so darned amusing to watch.  Zoot Zoot, You and Me, and Radio Free Bugrom crack me up everytime I watch them.  Additional fan-art (if you can find any) would also be a welcome addition, in my opinion.  Some soundbites of the more (in)famous El-Hazard quotes (Makoto:  I'm going to die!, Jinnai's laughter, etc.) might also be neat, particularly Jinnai rapping in the Wanderers.  Remember "Operation: Permanent Vacation"?  ;D
theravenisdead
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2003, 06:49:40 pm »

Hubba Hubba ZOOT ZOOT! Sing with me now!

:o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines