Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:19:19 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  Games
| |-+  El-Hazard Online RPG (Moderators: Fujisawa4654, Spanner, Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  *OOC* Comments and Questions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: *OOC* Comments and Questions  (Read 39833 times)
Spanner
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: November 24, 2003, 09:12:55 am »

Yeah Hitomi jsut mentions that, that is her family name apart from her name she is a EL-Hazardian

Ah, I see - for some reason, when your bio mentioned that she and her parents disappeared from El-Hazard, I got the impression that she spent her time on Earth in Japan.

And on the topic of Makoto, I wish I had caught this earlier... There was a post somewhere that made people think that Makoto was killed by one of the spacecraft? I'm afraid that just doesn't work - Makoto has been missing since before the game started. In the very first post of the RPG, it was mentioned that the scientists of the Alliance had no idea what to do about the Eye of God because Makoto, the man with the most knowledge of it, had disappeared years ago. He might be dead, but if he is, it's not the spaceship that caused it.

I'm not sure how to fix this problem, but anyone that's been in Floristica anytime in the past several years or so should know that Makoto's not home. Perhaps all of the people who think he's dead have been away from Floristica for a long time?

The 1337 poster
theravenisdead
« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2003, 07:53:40 pm »

I agree, Makoto is simply missing. Though to explain why some think he's dead, since he has been missing for so long many may assume that he's dead. But of course he IS still alive. somewhere ^.^
theravenisdead
« Reply #182 on: December 03, 2003, 12:25:39 pm »

Okies, first off I apologize for my long absence. I started to develop an illness during last week, and over the past 5 days it became a full-blown severe flu. As a result I havnt been doing much other than staying in bed (I could barely stand up a few days ago...  -_- ). I'm really sorry for this  :'(

As I am not sure when I'll be back to normal again, I'm gonna give executor82 permission to godmod me until I'm fully recovered. I 'may' do a post today, but I wouldnt count on it.
Once again, I'm sorry for slagging down the progress. BVut I'll be back soon!  ^_^V

PS: Do a good job exe! Dun do anything OOC with my char.  ^^;
theravenisdead
« Reply #183 on: December 07, 2003, 12:34:23 am »

Wel after dropping alot on expensive antibiotics I'm back and better than ever. Though I'm surprised that the rpg has slowed down. Heh, didnt even NEED to relinquish my char to exe.

Anywho, I'm working on a new post, so lets get back in gear mates  ^_^V
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #184 on: January 03, 2004, 04:32:49 pm »

I think I get what panics saying! ;D

Also, I can't really post until I/someone else thinks of a way to help me.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2004, 04:33:43 pm by larewen_evenstar » Logged

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
theravenisdead
« Reply #185 on: January 06, 2004, 03:21:55 pm »

Problem solved  ^_^V Hopefully to yer satisfaction
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #186 on: January 06, 2004, 03:26:57 pm »

Yeah! Thanks!  ;D

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

AOL Instant Messenger - holyknightwayne
View Profile Email
« Reply #187 on: January 12, 2004, 02:41:32 am »

I'll assume this is the right place for a question, then.  ;D

This looks interesting... I'm a fan of El Hazard (naturally... else why would I be here? *chuckles*) and also writing/roleplaying (I'm sure nobody cares about resumes; but I DM a D&D game and have participated in a few online writing projects, most anime/RPG-game based). Most online RPs tend to die off pretty quickly, but this one's been going for awhile (and I see chapter 3 has quite a few pages in just roughly two months, which is pretty rare)... so it might just be the real deal, eh? :]

Anyway; I was just wondering if y'all were still taking applicants, and if so how much of the backstory should I read to "catch up" (I've been skimming most of chapter 3, although it's not exactly making sense on its own, heh)? Also, and I've already looked at the character guidelines (and they're quite good; I'm glad to see the mods are concerned about potential powergaming)... but how useful (or disruptive) would it be to play an antagonist of sorts? From what I've read it seems like there's not a whole lot of conflict, and while that's definitely good at times, it tends to stagnate faster (plus-- and maybe this is too many years of playing evil NPCs :D-- I just like writing as bad guys).

Probably someone from the Shadow Tribe (no surprise, being a Kagato fan, eh?), if that's alright. And if not, that's fine, too-- I just like doing some writing in my off time, and I'd like to chip in to help keep an online RP going (since they are pretty rare, let alone one for an anime I like, like El Hazard).

Sorry for being so long-winded (and also if this was, indeed, the wrong place for a question like that).

"Die... a glorious death. Fight on and fly on, to the last drop of blood and fuel... to the last beat of the heart and the last kick of the motor... a death for a knight, a toast for his fellows, friend and foe."

-Manfred von Rich
executor82
« Reply #188 on: January 12, 2004, 01:09:34 pm »

I think there is no problem in joining.  ;)
But let's wait what the Mods will say.

---

Panic, I dunno if you've read my post, but actually Kane and Yumi were already supporting Lana and about to carry her upstairs into the room next to Nolan's.

Also Kane wanted to have a word with Yumi, so that she shouldn't go to sleep so soon.

Would you mind to edit your post?  ^^;
panicpaladin
« Reply #189 on: January 12, 2004, 04:09:35 pm »

Alright, I'm on it...
Fujisawa4654
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #190 on: January 12, 2004, 05:40:33 pm »

WAYNE! YOU'RE JUST THE PERSON WE'RE LOOKING FOR!

We indeed need some sort of evil character. I was going to plan mine to go evil at some point if there was no good vs evil conflicts.

Anywho, the other mod, Spanner, and another member (I think it was Tsukasa) are in the Shadow Tribe as well.
They've been inactive for so long though... I don't know if you should join the Phantom Tribe.

It's your call though. If you want I can sorta skim over everything and make notes on major events. Although I'd suggest you create your caracter in the.... uhh.. What was it called?.....

Post character stuff.. I forget.. Something like that.

After that I can give an approval and whatnot. Give an outline.

Better still, if you have AIM, you should contact me on that.

And thanks for joining!

Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

View Profile Email
« Reply #191 on: January 12, 2004, 07:00:47 pm »

It's my pleasure; and thanks for the reply. Yeah, I've got AIM; I'll go ahead and add you (and I'm "holyknightwayne"-- long story; I used to be a Tactics geek :D). And I'm looking forward to it; I have a few ideas, of course, but I'm pretty flexible; and I have plenty of time right now to write with.

"Die... a glorious death. Fight on and fly on, to the last drop of blood and fuel... to the last beat of the heart and the last kick of the motor... a death for a knight, a toast for his fellows, friend and foe."

-Manfred von Rich
Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

View Profile Email
« Reply #192 on: January 14, 2004, 05:13:44 pm »

Apologies for the double-post, but when you edit frequently nobody notices. *chuckles*

OK... I read chapters 2 and 3, and I think I'm caught up; and ready to pitch in. Before I do, though; I want to make sure this is right:

-A spaceship crashed on Floristica (?), doing all sorts of property damage. Most of the PC cast were captured, but got away.
-Miles (Fujisawa) helped in that and seems to be with the "good guys" now (with a WANZER!, no less ;D).
-Kane (Exe, as he likes being called, apparently :]) still doesn't trust him (must be the Shayla genes, heh). Cayla does (and she's an NPC, right?).
-Itamar (Spanner) and Shitia (TVIfurita) are involved in a sideplot, and neither's active right now (?).
-Lan/Lana (Larewan) was with Jinnai, left after his "request" (heh) to spy on the main PC group at Nanami's Diner (that's almost a catchy restaurant name :D), but she was recognized.
-The main group drove (via WANZER! or car) back to Floristica, ate and caught up at above diner, then went to Yumi's house, where currently nobody is actually sleeping, because:
-Lan went into some sort of fit, was helped, then ran back off to Jinnai (who went off on his own after the royal family (which currently consists of...?)).

Anything in the above with question marks would be helpful to know, but I think I can get by. Also, do I need to know anything more about Yumi besides that she's a good-looking NPC female doctor who flirts with Kane? I guess I missed when she was introduced, heh.

Input (either answers or corrections) is very welcome. :) And I'll go ahead and write something in the meantime.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 05:18:43 pm by wayne » Logged

-Manfred von Rich
executor82
« Reply #193 on: January 15, 2004, 11:26:56 am »

Wayne got my permission to use my char.

BTW, I think that our little dispute about the marines would be just the perfect way to safe Kane's skin right now, Fuji!!!! *hint, hint* Or anyone else!? You got my permission as well to use Kane for this. Just let him evade that poisoned needle!!!!

Yumi is still busy waking up Calya, so that they are no help right now  :P.

------

About your questions, Wayne:

Actually Lana was spying the palace to gather information for Jinnai. The rest seems right to me.

About Yumi:

She's the daughter of the healer Dr. Jabanijan and Kanes childhood friend. She fell in love with him a long time ago and now tries to win his heart after he finally had returned to Floristica. Her father was seriously injured and about to die during the crash, but finally Lana killed him. Before the ship flattened the clinic, Kane had to promise the Doctor to protect Yumi with his life. (Not without any ulterior motives  ;) ) He knew that his daughter loves Kane and he likes him as well. He'd wish that they marry some day.

The relationship between them is quite complicated. Yumi, although teasing him from time to time, is to shy to show her true feelings and whenever she tries, Kane doesn't know how to deal with it. He doesn't have too much experience with people in general as he has been travelling El Hazard for a long time, rarely meeting any person. He was all about developing his skills.

His sister Calya knows about all that and it's just a matter of time until she'll interfere to push Kane into the right direction.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2004, 12:04:44 pm by executor82 » Logged
Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

View Profile Email
« Reply #194 on: January 15, 2004, 05:19:19 pm »

Ah, thanks for explaining that, Exe. Although since I'd finally finished reading round 1 as well, I sort of had that figured out; but I do appreciate it. :]

And... well, if you're up to it, I was thinking about simply having Kane dodge (or someone step out and distract him so that Xan simply misses, because Kane moved :D), so we can get to that fight scene we were thinking about. After all, the EHRP could use a nice bit of mano a mano shounen-style violence. *laughs* Seriously, it would be cool, though.

That reminds me, though-- how would this RP handle combat between two PCs? The traditional "don't write the other character" viewpoint is great for dialogue, but in a fight where both participants are active I could easily see something like that blossoming into two dozen or more posts (depending on how long the fight is).

In some other RP'ing I've done the usual compromise is to trade off... one person starts, writing both characters fighting, and his own character's dialogue (maybe a little of the opponent's). After an exchange the other writer takes over, writing his character's reaction as well as both people fighting, and so on until [a pre-arranged, usually] someone wins (or there's a draw, or interruption).

Of course, among immature writers this inevitably leads to "godmodding" ("My character avoids defeat with some awesome technique and leaves yours in the dirt, eat that!" "But wait, my character really dodged it at the last second, and now you go..."), which is why this would have to be agreed upon ahead of time. And more importantly the key is respect-- both writers read as much as they can of the other character, then try to make sure the actions they write are appropriate and in-character.

For example, let's say two RP'ers were writing a fight between Ifurita and Shayla-Shayla (which can't happen in this RP, of course, making it a safe example).

The first writer (writing as Shayla) would begin the fight, focusing on Shayla's point of view (most of the dialogue is hers). She attacks, Ifurita defends; he describes several moves worth of combat (primarily using Shayla's various moves, while Ifurita primarily dodges, uses her staff's cannon, etc.; basic stuff), then says something else, temporarily pausing it.

Writer #2 takes over as Ifurita and writes it from her point of view; doing more creative things (like maybe shooting down a wall behind her or going kung-fu on the redhead like she did on Kalia ;D), while Shayla's written more simplistically (fire attack her, cartwheel back to dodge, etc.). The focus on the dialogue (if any) is Ifurita's; he writes the other character conservatively.

Back to writer #1, who (as they've previously agreed) writes Shayla getting owned. Afura says something witty on the sidelines; Nanami collects the bets she took.

The writers shake hands and the RP moves back on track.

...like that, basically. The key there is respect, and what best moves the "plot" along (such as it is).

...anyway, this is obviously on a case-by-case basis, and not everyone wants to write fight scenes; and those that do don't want the vitriol that comes with watching someone horribly misuse your characters.

...anyway, was that long enough? *laughs* I'd like to hear the mods' input-- just keep in mind that "non-peaceful" interaction is one of the keys to [occasional] antagonist RPing, and on a purely "write your own character" level is extremely cumbersome (and I know that most of the others don't want to sit and wait for two writers to sort out a massive collection of posts back-and-forth when a handful of longer, cooperative work is much easier).

And I wanted to get this out of the way before we really get into the fighting, heh.  8)

-Manfred von Rich
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines