Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:24:09 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  Games
| |-+  El-Hazard Online RPG (Moderators: Fujisawa4654, Spanner, Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  *OOC* Comments and Questions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Print
Author Topic: *OOC* Comments and Questions  (Read 39834 times)
Fujisawa4654
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #225 on: March 31, 2004, 11:11:52 am »

As for me, I haven't been on mainly because of processor problems and I recently found it was LOOSE...

As far as posting goes, I'll attempt to do one.. At some point eheh...

theravenisdead
« Reply #226 on: April 22, 2004, 02:52:04 pm »

Sooo quiet.... come back to liiiiife  ^^;
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #227 on: April 26, 2004, 01:43:25 pm »

I'd do something, but I think I was last to post.

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
theravenisdead
« Reply #228 on: April 26, 2004, 06:03:24 pm »

Me was actually ^.^;
Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #229 on: April 26, 2004, 07:23:09 pm »

lol I am still waiting for the time when Hitomi and wake up right ^^' she can't right now from passing out and all

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

AOL Instant Messenger - holyknightwayne
View Profile Email
« Reply #230 on: April 26, 2004, 08:21:44 pm »

And Xan is likewise convalescing....

I'll tell you, the most common problem in online RPing is the powergaming, but you can go too far in the opposite direction. *chuckles* Writing your characters into corners with crippling wounds-- especially when multiple people do it at once-- loses the effect and slows things down.

That being said, maybe one of our moderators (*pokes*) might advance time by a bit so everyone can recover at least a little, and try to get things moving again. I'd post, but I've already said I'm out for "six hours," and maybe two (?) have passed in RP time. :| Just a thought....

"Die... a glorious death. Fight on and fly on, to the last drop of blood and fuel... to the last beat of the heart and the last kick of the motor... a death for a knight, a toast for his fellows, friend and foe."

-Manfred von Rich
Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #231 on: April 27, 2004, 09:24:10 am »

Sounds like a good thought to me

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #232 on: April 27, 2004, 01:12:57 pm »

Oh, sorry. I'd post, but I'm still waiting on Panic to appear with my staff. I'm useless, and nearly dead...again...:P

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Fujisawa4654
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

View Profile Email
« Reply #233 on: April 28, 2004, 09:25:29 pm »

ok well... #1 panic I don't think is coming back.. I really doubt it.. 2ndly... I appologise but I can never seem to have enough time to do anything... I'm 14, I have a workers permit and my hours are strenuous, at least I get payed $10 an hour :)

I am very happy to know that you all support the progression of the RPG and I have to say sorry for the pause... Next month myhours will be less, I know it for a fact since I got my schedule in the mail. Untill then.. It's doubtful.. Anyways take care guys, hold on tight, be patient, I'll get this RPG back up to rev at some point!

Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

View Profile Email
« Reply #234 on: June 19, 2004, 12:21:56 am »

Well, there's something, at least. I was just browsing EHOL and noticed my last RP post was from about four months ago... oops.  -_-

Anyway, I'm not sure who's doing what (is this building up to the Priestesses attempting a rescue? Most of the "PCs" are captives, heh), but Xan at least has reasons for going after either side, so I could help out there if need be.

For reference, the use of Roshtarian "pulse rifles" comes from OAV 7, where troopers and their cannon emplacements fire what looks like reddish pulses of electricity. I didn't think they used energy weapons until I started to think about "Just how are those humans supposed to fight the Bugrom anyway, when they're smarter, stronger, and in an era before machine guns?" and lo and behold, they have laser guns. *chuckles* I guess it's tradition, though-- ever since Star Wars it's been proven that, despite being much higher-tech, blasters usually miss, and swords and guns still kill people. ;D Oh well.

"Die... a glorious death. Fight on and fly on, to the last drop of blood and fuel... to the last beat of the heart and the last kick of the motor... a death for a knight, a toast for his fellows, friend and foe."

-Manfred von Rich
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #235 on: June 20, 2004, 12:14:43 pm »

Oops. I forgot about Panic. *sniffle*

Could someone else maybe play Allan then? Because if not, I'm stuck all on my lonesome. *cries*

Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

View Profile Email
« Reply #236 on: June 25, 2004, 11:02:27 pm »

Y'know, I was just going over the old threads here, and noticed that the RP started on June 18th (or so) of last year. Kinda neat that it's still going on (albeit with fewer writers left) after that long. :]

Um... yeah, just wanted to mention that. It's like a one-year anniversary or something. ;D

-Manfred von Rich
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #237 on: June 27, 2004, 07:27:21 am »

Yeah! 8 days too late! Well...nine now... :P

Yeah! Happy anniversary...or something.

It was my forum's 1st birthday on the 11th. My forum a week older than this RPG.

I forgot about it too. *sniffle*
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 07:32:12 am by larewen_evenstar » Logged

Fujisawa4654
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

View Profile Email
« Reply #238 on: June 27, 2004, 08:44:57 pm »

Hey! This is my first only event that actually lasted over a year! Which.. is.. Awesome so, I obviously forgot about it but..

To those who have stayed with us all this time, thanks for continuing the story and making it enjoyable for others!

life_matrix
« Reply #239 on: May 16, 2005, 02:03:53 pm »

I'm new to this online community and I've been reading some of the stuff here in the El Hazard RPG section. I've never actually played an ONLINE RPG before, but I've had quite a bit of experience playing old fashioned pencil, paper & dice RPG's - games such as Dungeons & Dragons and Palladium Rifts.

From my gaming experience, it sounds to me like this online version is similar to a L.A.R.P.s gaming session (Live Action Role-Playing). Specifically, the Roleplay part of RPG is stressed over things like action, adventure and skill/attribute development.  (BTW: I never did like the LARPs gaming format...)

Also, from what I've read so far, it sounds like there is some difficulty in keeping interest going in this online RPG, particularly lately. Being that we are all El Hazard fans (else we would not be posting/reading this), I doubt it is from a lack of interest in the subject matter.

Suggestion:
How about a completely fresh approach to this RPG?

Specifically, would members consider an RPG format in which character development is more advanced, the story and game development is largely the responsibility of the G.M. (Game Master) and which takes place interactively?

This is just an idea, but couldn't the El-Hazard universe be converted to an existing RPG format? There are actually a few RPG systems considered to be "Universal" and with which various type of characters and environments can be adapted. Most notably, the G.U.R.P.s RPG system comes to mind... (Which might be perfect, considering that the El Hazard universe can involve introducing characters and creatures from other universes...)

Also, instead of each "player" writing out pages of original character dialog, a different approach might involve the G.M. controlling all N.P.C.s (Non-Player Characters), the story plot AND the environment. Instead of posting once a day, week or month, it might be possible to hold a complete, interactive "gaming session" over IRC or chat - possibly lasting an hour or two at a time. (Though, obviously, such a system would require all participants to agree to chat online at a specific date and universal time...)

Personally, such an El-Hazard RPG system would sound much more appealing. (I'm not a terribly good storyteller and have no real interest in a story-based RPG). It just might breath more life into this forum section and, perhaps, even this community.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines