Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:04:22 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  Games
| |-+  El-Hazard Online RPG (Moderators: Fujisawa4654, Spanner, Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  The Adventure Begins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: The Adventure Begins  (Read 33362 times)
Fujisawa4654
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2003, 11:58:25 pm »

On a moment's notice I woke up. Wondering what happened. I immediately stood up and looked around. The first thing I noticed was that I was in a bed, tucked in perfectly. A nice twin bed, the warmth and comfort of it almost made me fall asleep again, but I was too nervous about what was going on, so I stayed awake. I continued looking around the room. It was a confined room, with only 2 doors, and wallpaper with pink and white stripes, with some flowers. There was also a table right beside the bed, with a nice lamp and a piece of parchment with something written on it. Of course, as I was being conspicuous, nervous, and cautious, I looked around the room one more time, all seemed clear. I picked up the note and read it.

"Dear Stranger,

I am not sure if you are councious about what had happened. You were not responding to whatever I did, and you were pretty much 'dead' on the ground there. I'm suprised you survived that long fall too.

If I'm not mistakened either, you are an Earther. You came from a dimentional portal, and most of them come from the so-called planet Earth.

If you're wondering who I am, my name is Eri Loneheart. If you're wanting to meet me, I'm afraid you're too late. I know it seems suspicious but please don't take me like this. I'm away and I won't be back for a week, however, I'm letting you use my house as shelter. If you do take food out of the cabinet, please make sure you buy something back.

One other thing, Most of my valuables are in a safe, so don't bother trying to loot anything. I know it seems strange that I'm doing this, but the other Earthers who came well before you, they were incredibly helpful, but I can't tell you what they did, because I'm running out of room on this.

-Eri Loneheart"

I set down the letter and got out of bed. Lots of questions were streaming through my head, ones that I had no idea to answer. I quickly checked out all the rooms and then went outside, wondering what it would be like.

It was night time out here. The streets were lit not by lights, but bright candles. It looked incredible, it was so beautiful. Not many people were walking around outside either. It might be like.. What 4:00AM? It was unknown to me, as I had no idea of their time here.

I started to walk outside of teh house, closing the door, but as soon as I did that, a set of keys fell out of my pockets. They looked like normal house keys. Eri must have stuffed them in my pocket when she left. So, as seeing the most reasonable thing to do, I picked up the keys, locked the house, and went out. Not much longer, however, that I saw fire out in teh distance.

The fire had glown green, just like the color of the friendly ships explosion. When they blew up, their gas caused green fire. That must be my ship out there! (or must have been. That is my ship, and I know that I have some stuff in there. I need them out too. Seeing as the most likely thing to do, I started to walk towards the destination.

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2003, 08:07:37 am »

"Powerful is she? I wouldn't be surprised. Everyone these days seems to be more powerful than the last generation." Lana didn't move, she was still in too much pain. "I was a servent at the palace years ago. I was a spy for the Bugroms. They found out and threw me in prison. I was rescued, then they found me again about a day ago, and threw me back in." Lana sighed. "They whip me any chance they get. And I think I've slipped a disc in my back. I can't actually move." Lan looked around, the boy had been put in the cell next to her.

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
theravenisdead
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2003, 02:10:08 pm »

Nolan stood facing Afura, an anxious look on his face as well as a confused one. She seemed to know something about him, as if his predicament was a familiar occurance. He didnt even notice the question of the man close to both of them, he was too distracted to notice. He looked at her, and spoke.

"Tell me" he said softly.

Her composure regained, Afura took a deep breath and looked at Nolan, a serious look on her face.

"I.. I mean we have encountered people like you before... many, many years in the past. They all claimed to be from a world called Earth.." She paused momentarily, then continued. "They arrived here unexpectedly almost half a century ago..."

Nolan could only stare, not understanding what he was being told to any real degree. "I... Don't understand what this has to do with me." he replied.

Afura moved closer to Nolan, stopping directly in front of him before she spoke again. "It became apparent soonafter that they were brought here in order to help our world in its darkest hour.." she replied, continuing. "They had been brought here to this dimension by an artifact called The Eye Of God. Recently, bizzare occurances have been taking place in the Eye, causing unexpected activations of the Eye."

"I still don't see how this has anything to do with me"

"It is my belief that the Eye opened a link to your world, which in turn brought you to ours.." she said softly, in an attempt to break it to the stranger gently.

Hearing this, Nolan's immediate response was to burst out laughing. "Hah!" he blurted, getting down on one knee as he continued chuckling to himself. After he had cleared it out of his system, he looked back up to Afura, a genuine look of pity across her face.

"Cmon, seriously that was a good laugh lady. But in all honesty, where am I?" Nolan replied.

Afura shook her head "What I have told you is the truth... You are in the city of Floristica, in the Nation of Roshtaria, in the land of El Hazard..."

Nolan let out a small chuckle, then he started to contemplate his situation. Nothing that had happened in the past hour or so really made any sense. Then there was the strange city he  himself was standing in, its buildings resembling some bizzare crossover architecture he had never seen before.The locals were very strange, their clothing unusual... Slowly, Nolan started to unwillingly ponder if what he was told was indeed fact. 'This...can't be true..' he thought. 'This isnt even Possible in the slightest.... is it?'

A bewildered look spread across Nolan's face, he looked into the woman's eyes. She looked so sincere.

"This.... I mean... How...?" he sputtered out.

Afura lowered herself on one knee and placed a hand on Nolan's shoulder. "I do not know for sure how... but I promise to you I will find out.." she smiled slightly, to which Nolan simply sighed, his mind exausted. "For your own safety, you must come with me to the palace, your arrival must be made known to the Roshtarian royal family.."

"Huh..?" Nolan replied. "They are the rulers of Roshtaria. They are very kind and wise, and will understand your situation quite well. All will be explained to you when we arrive." she nodded reassuringly.

"O..Okay.. but... What about my stuff?" he asked, looking over his shoulder at the damaged Tempo.

Afura eyed the strange contraption and pondered for a second. "Does it still function?" she asked curiously. "Yeah... luckily it wasn't fatally damaged." said Nolan, his voice slowly becoming more upbeat as things started to come together.

"Well, we cannot leave it here.. Would you be able to use it to bring me and you to the Palace?"

"Yeah.. I think so.. But you will have to guide me there.."

"Of course" Afura said, rising to her feet. Nolan followed.

"Alrighty then.. well, lets get this thing moving!" Nolan walked over to his car, Afura by his side as he opened the passenger door for her "You can sit here k?" he said. Nodding, Afura took a seat in the strange contraption, and while she wouldnt admit it, she did feel fairly nervous about this. After all, this was to be completely new and foreign to her.

The crowd of people moved in closer as the two of them got ready to depart. As Nolan made his way around to the driver seat, he stopped by the driver door and looked towards the man he had spoken to before. "Oh... Iim sorry for being rude.. Allan is it? I'm Nolan.. I apologize if I was being hostile to you... Its just... well... its been a long day.." he trailed off. To seal his apology, he smiled at him.

(End of post. Panic/Shade/whoever else jump in here!)
(tags)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2003, 12:46:00 am by theravenisdead » Logged
panicpaladin
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2003, 03:23:50 am »

Allan simply stared at him while he was wandering off but then another thought hit him which seemed more urgent.

"Ack! I'm supposed to be at the Palace!"

Allan ran into another road and speeded off towards the Palace, he didn't want to take the same route as Nolan and Afura. It'd seem like butting into another's business. He then stopped to think...

"Wanderers?"

The thing that Afura had said to Nolan, people from another world who had reached El-Hazard by the powers of the Eye of God.

"... Nolan and that guy couldn't have been the only ones. There must be others, but where are they? If Nolan and that guy landed near Roshtaria then the others shouldn't be too far away,"

While Allan's mind was thinking of these strange events, another hit his mind...

"That strange girl I saw earlier?"

Allan continued onwards, except he was now walking as there were many questions he had to ask himself. He slowly progressed towards the Palace, he was now close enough to it to begin walking anyway,
« Last Edit: July 06, 2003, 03:26:15 am by panicpaladin » Logged
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2003, 08:37:31 am »

Lan stared at the ceiling as she waited for an answer, then the gaurd came back in.

" Well, well. Looks like you have a new friend."

"Hmm." Lan wanted to run or at least try to punch the guard, but she still couldn't mave, without medical attention, the disc could be dangerous to her being.

"And it doesn't look like you moved either." The gaurd said smugly. "And its all because of your back. You know, the last person who slipped a disc in here died after a couple of days, maybe you'll be just as lucky as him."

"Yeah," Lan laughed, "Lucky, sure." She was struggling to breathe now, but she didn't want to show that anything was wrong.

The guard left again after a couple of shots at beating Lan with a cane this time. Once he was out the room, the first sentance was spoken.

"Bloddy Hell! That was sore! Ow!"

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
executor82
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2003, 04:49:02 pm »

As the guard left, Kane stood up and went to his cell door. "Hell! They're beating the crap out of you! May be that you are a spy for the Bugrom, but that treatment seems a little cruel to me! Are you all right?"

He listened carefully, but the only thing he heared was the hard breathing of the girl in her cell. Hmmm....she seens to be beaten up pretty badly. He lifted an eyebrow and stared at the celldoor in front of him. He started to think what to do when suddenly he heared noise in the corridor again. D**n, didn't he have enough yet? ,he thought while footsteps came towards their cells. Supprisingly it wasn't the guard again, but his sister. She stood in front of his cell, having a warm smile on her face.

"How are you doing? I hope you like it in here?"

"Well, nice! Except of the lot of traffic in here. And the people are quite a little noisy", he grined.

His sister lifted an eyebrow, just in the way he did before. That wouldn't be the only thing they had in common. She looked at him slightly confused and turned around when he pointed into the direction of the other cell. "Noise? What noise? I don't hear anything." She peeked into the other cell trough the small opening in the door. "What's about her?", she asked as she turned to him again.

"They're beating her up all the time! I dunno in what shape she is, but it seems that the next time when the guard comes back, he may beat her to death or something." He was really concerned about what happened just a moment ago. "Her voice sound pretty young you know. And such a treatment for a young girl? Well....I' dunno...", he had a serious look in his eyes when he looked at his sister.

"I don't know if I can do anything about it. This is non of my business.", was the dry response of her.

Kane got angry. "Couldn't you get a healer for her?? And if the guard comes back once again I'll let him taste some of his own medicine!"

Calya smiled. "Woooo....I would like to see that. But do you know this girl and the reason why she's in here?"

"Yes, she told me that already. But I still can't welcome such treatment, even for her. She's a young girl after all!"

"Well then you have to deal with it. In my opinion she deserves to be treaten like that. But I can have a little word with the guard to beat her up quietly next time, so you won't be desturbed again.", she loughted.

"Sometimes I really hate you! When will I be released again?", he asked, trying hard to keep his voice calm.

"Tomorrow."

"Well, then. We'll talk later. I want to get some sleep now. See you tomorrow."

"Fine. Good night then. And sleep well", she threw a wink at him, smiled, turned around and left.

Kane sat down on the floor and stared at the door, sunken in thoughts. Some time passed till he found his voice back. "Still awake there? You're ok? Don't worry, I'll work something out to help you. By the way, my name is Kane. Who are you?"
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2003, 05:28:33 am »

Lan coughed, "Ow." Lan coughed again. The dust from the floor kept getting up her nose and into her eyes. "I'm still awake. I'm not to sure I'm still alive though." Lan smiled to herself. "My names Lana, called me Lan though." Lan thought for a moment. "Was that your sister?"

panicpaladin
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2003, 10:18:07 am »

Allan approached the Palace at last, it seems he got there before Nolan and Afura did. He noticed a familiar face in the Palace Entrance.

"You've returned so soon?" asked the Guard to Allan

"Yeah, I guess, the outside world has offered me it's all... It's great to be back home again," Allan replied

"So, how long do you plan on staying?"

"Oh, who knows, perhaps forever?"

"What? Where will you live?"

"I'll think of something, perhaps I'll be treated kindly enough to my old Room again,"

"Hmmm, I think they removed that place now..."

"Oh well, I could always buy a house,"

"With what money?"

He got him there, Allan didn't have a job, he did small tasks during his time away to earn money for meals and Inns.

"I... Erm... I guess I'll have to find a job then, won't I?" said Allan

Allan noticed a whip in the Guard's hand.

"What are you doing with that whip?" asked Allan

"N-None of your business," he replied and immediatly hid it behind his back

"You must be using it for a reason..."

"No, it's nothing, it's a Royal Issue,"

"A Royal Issue that involves using a whip?"

"Now, please, just ignore it... In fact, I have to go,"

"..."

Allan knew something was going on, he watched the Guard as he left and then looked the other way. A whip... Such a thing would only be used to torture people, right? What kind of people would be locked up in this era of peace? Nobody nowadays ever commited a crime SO bad that they deserved to be locked up. Of course he could be wrong but it was the most likely thing.

"Well, curiosity only leads to one thing..."

Allan walked off towards to the direction of the Palace Dungeon, there seemed to be no guards, Allan wasn't suprised, there were hardly ever any Guards this far into the Palace. Along the way, he noticed a Red Haired Girl which was walking out of the Dungeon.

"Excuse me, erm... You were just inside the Dungeon, right?" Allan asked the girl

"... Yeah." she replied

"Is anyone down there? It seems weird since there hasn't been anybody in the Dungeons for quite a long time,"

"Well, it's nothing weird, my brother is down there,"

"Your Brother? Did he do something bad?"

"Not really... Oh by the way, there's also a weird girl down there,"

"Weird?"

"Yeah, she had eyes of a strange colour..."

"What?! Are the Dungeons open to visiters?"

"Apparantly so..."

"Alright, thanks whoever-you-are."

"The name's Cayla-Cayla," she said as she walked away

Girl with strange eyes, there is only one person Allan knew that had such a detail. What was she doing there? Did the guard eventually catch her after he left? Does this mean she really is a bad person? He immediatly ran down the flight of steps and got to the Cell he was looking for... There she was, lying down hurt, blood marked all over her. Allan walked close to the Cell, eyes wide open.

"Oh my God... What did they do to you?" he asked

----------------------- End of Post -----------------------

Well, here I am, at the Prison. I know it happened all so soon but I guess there wasn't much else to do at the Palace anyway.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2003, 09:17:03 am by panicpaladin » Logged
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2003, 11:37:48 am »

*OOC- God! Everyone must love me so much! Everyones coming to visit me! ^_^*

Lan stared up at Allan. " Oh, it's you. Nice to see you again." She smiled. Lan never cried, and she tried not to show that she was in pain, in fact, other than lying on the floor, covered in blood and not being able to move, her face didn't show that there was anything wrong.

"People around here don't seem to like me much." She smiled again. "What's happening in your life?" Oh, and by the way, the guy in the cell over there, his name's Kane. He seems like a pretty decent guy. Say hi!"

executor82
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2003, 11:59:09 am »

"They think that this is the right treatment for a young girl.", Kane said as he got up and walked to his celldoor to have a closer look at the new visitor.

The man turned around as he heard the voice in his back. Kane grabbed the bars in the small window of the door with both hands and glared at the man with flaming eyes. "But just lemme out and I gonna show that bastard how to use that whip on HIS back! I hate it when such jerks are bullying the weak."

The man stared at him as he suddenly had the expression of realizing something on his face.

"Quite a lot of traffic these days in the dungeon, just like it was a maketplace.", Kane calmed down again and eyed the man from the head to the toe. He lifted an eyebrow and looked the man straight in the face again.

"And who are YOU this time? The healer? Could you take care of that girl over there? She seems to be in a bad shape! And she really needs some medical attention.", Kane asked the man in frond of him. Hmmm maybe Calya took care of it and send him here?
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2003, 12:43:46 pm »

Lan, tried to sit up, but the pain was unbearable.

"I'm not weak. I just didn't have any way of getting away from the guard. I would have kicked his ass if I'd had the chance, At least he hasn't taken my staff. If he takes that I'm probably dead meat." Lan realised that she had just said that all out loud. What if Allan was on the Roshtarian side, and he was trying to find stuuf out about the bugroms. "Oops."

Spanner
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2003, 03:46:00 pm »

*OOC*

Just a short post, this time. Soon, I'll have Itamar ready to do his part as a villian. ^_^V

*IC*

Itamar laid upon his bed, hands clasped behind his head, and stared up into the darkness. His hosts had offered him a lamp to use to light the darkness, but he had declined, choosing instead to allow his eyes to adjust to the perpetual darkness. He doubted he would ever be able to see as clearly as the people of the Phantom Tribe, but as long as he was their guest it would be best to attempt to live as they did.

His mind was whirling with the things that he had learned. His own people back home were well-used to oppression. They had been downtrodden for nearly all of their known history. While not all that time had been actively at war, it could not be denied that they had always been hated, and sometimes feared.

Itamar imagined, for a moment, how the Hebrew people would have fared if they had possessed blue skin and magical powers, and physically shuddered. They would have been fortunate indeed to have been able to flee underground before the other peoples of the world cut them down like dogs. The injustice made Itamar's blood boil.

His thoughts were interrupted by a gentle tapping against his door. "Come in," he invited. A figure entered the room, and Itamar was pleased to note that he was able to recognize her as Aereala. He smiled. "Hello, Aereala. What can I do for you."

Aereala merely looked sad. "I'm afraid that we must leave, now."

"Leave?" Itamar asked, standing. "Where are we going?"

"The entire Tribe is moving to a new home," she answered.

The boy was baffled. "A new home? But why?"

"Well, to tell the truth, because of you," Aereala replied. Before he could protest she held up a hand. "Please, hear me out. The tool that brought you to our world is a weapon. The fact that you appeared in our home means that it is possible that our enemies now know where we live. The chance seems small, but we cannot afford the risk." She smiled reassuringly. "Trust me when I say that no one here blames you."

"And so, once again your oppressors force you to run and hide." Aereala was pleased to hear the anger and frustration in Itamar's voice.

"Yes," Aereala sighed sadly. "It is a burden we have become accustomed to. But it has kept us alive for all these centuries."

"I..." Itamar began, unsure of just what he should say. "I... don't like it. Not at all."

Aereala chuckled. "Good. We don't like it either. Now, come, let's go."

Itamar stepped out of the chamber, and found that a long line of shadowy figures were shuffling sadly down the cooridor. His heart clenched at the sight of small children, elderly, and infirm all forced to endure the exodus. Exodus. Exile. These, too, were things that the Hebrew people had known.

With a sour feeling in his gut, Itamar joined the line.

The 1337 poster
panicpaladin
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2003, 03:49:38 pm »

"Oops? You think I'm trying to retrieve some sort of information from you?"

Allan looked around to Kane.

"My name's Allan, Allan Fairlight... And I suppose you must be Cayla's brother? No, I don't know her, I only just met her as she was leaving the Dungeon... As for the Healer thing, I have very little knowledge in Medicine and such, I wouldn't be able to heal serious wounds like those,"

Allan sighed a little.

"I used to work at this Palace, that's how I know just about everyone from here. I have spent most of my life here, after all... I even used to live here..."

Allan returned to the girl.

"I understand that you seem to have some sort of affiliation with some people that aren't from Roshtaria and that you were trying to stop yourself from being arrested by that Guard... But I know that you're not a bad person from the moment when I first saw you,"

Allan felt weird, he was getting himself involved in such big things... First Nolan and now her.

"I don't believe I know your name yet." Allan asked her
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2003, 08:27:37 am »

"Hmm? You can call me Lan. And I'm not a bad person really. It's not my fault that I work for the bugroms. It's sort of a family tradition, in a way. Every second woman works for the bugroms, and the others all work for Roshtaria. Don't ask me why, they just do." lan thought for a moment, "Can you get me out of here? And him too," She moved her eyes in the general direction of Kane's cell. "If you can do something about my back, I could probably get us out myself." Lan thought again, "I'm not going to kill you." She winked, kindly.

She looked at Allan, sadly. He didn't have to worry about getting caught by guards, he didn't have to put his whole life at stake everytime he went round a corner. She envied him, but she wouldn't kill him. If she killed another person, then she'd be in serious trouble. Probably condemned to death or something. As if the state she was in right now wasn't bad enough.

And the boy Kane. He felt powerful, he was older than her, she could tell, and his sister didn't seem like to nice a person. Although he did seem like a nice one.

Her mind sauntered a bit. She began thinking of the princess Fiore. She hated thinking about the fact that, many years ago, when they were both thirteen, Lan's job had been to assasinate the Princesses. That was when she was caught. She had been holding the knife over Fiore's throat, poised for attack and then...then she had seen her face in the moonlight and began crying.
Thinking of this now, a tear formed in the corner of her eye, and fell onto the floor.

panicpaladin
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2003, 09:27:03 am »

Allan felt complete pity for her, he couldn't say no to her, it was something that he couldn't do. He took something out of his bag.

"Here, take his."

Allan rolled over a rolled-up linen bandage near her hand, it should cover her back to stop the blood from pouring. He didn't know if this would help a lot but it was the least he could do.

"I know you're in a bad state, I'd help put it on you but the Cell's Bars won't let me go that far, you'll have to put it on yourself... With a little bit of rest, you should be in perfect shape again... Oh, don't worry about the Guard, I'll take care of that."
« Last Edit: July 08, 2003, 09:27:29 am by panicpaladin » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines