Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:22:10 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Welcome to the World of El-Hazard Online
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Welcome to the World of El-Hazard Online  (Read 6553 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« on: October 13, 2002, 07:23:05 pm »

Forums are a dime a dozen these days, especially since the EZBoard service was introduced so long ago.

There was proper hesitation on setting one up here because its easy to make a forum but hard to make a draw to it.  In the beginning, I'm sure it would've look outright silly.  We had a few links to sections, most of which didn't exist at all, on a very plain site that consisted mostly of black and a faded yellow color.

Anyway, the initial reason I set up the membership system was to get a little input, besides forcing you all to have an identity ;)  One one particular note, I was curious if the site was now ready for some type of forum.  

Since the default answer on the reg sheet was NO, it was easy to make sure that anyone who seriously wanted one would answer thusly.  And it seems that 14 out of 18 registrations (and this number does NOT count me and Neil mind you),  said they'd at least like to see one created, perhaps for their own usage (a few were "demanding" it, as per the reg sheet ;))

Anyway, here's my heavily hacked YaBB board for your usage.  (Hacked into using my registration / login system as opposed to its own); it's on a very basic layout without a lot of categorization, cosmetic adjustments, or anything.  Why?  Well, this is experiment phase 2.  Will it get used semi-regularly?  What kind of divisons does it require?  We'll just have to see.  And I'm open-minded, so speak your feelings.

This means I expect you make your forum demands now before this starts running regular and therefore should not be edited.  I also recommend you edit your forum profiles (see buttons above); you may wish to allow your email to be visible, change your displayed name (I made best guesses on all of you ;)), set IM preferences, title, etc.  It's entirely up to you.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2002, 02:25:36 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2002, 07:23:05 pm »

Forums are a dime a dozen these days, especially since the EZBoard service was introduced so long ago.

There was proper hesitation on setting one up here because its easy to make a forum but hard to make a draw to it.  In the beginning, I'm sure it would've look outright silly.  We had a few links to sections, most of which didn't exist at all, on a very plain site that consisted mostly of black and a faded yellow color.

Anyway, the initial reason I set up the membership system was to get a little input, besides forcing you all to have an identity ;)  One one particular note, I was curious if the site was now ready for some type of forum.  

Since the default answer on the reg sheet was NO, it was easy to make sure that anyone who seriously wanted one would answer thusly.  And it seems that 14 out of 18 registrations (and this number does NOT count me and Neil mind you),  said they'd at least like to see one created, perhaps for their own usage (a few were "demanding" it, as per the reg sheet ;))

Anyway, here's my heavily hacked YaBB board for your usage.  (Hacked into using my registration / login system as opposed to its own); it's on a very basic layout without a lot of categorization, cosmetic adjustments, or anything.  Why?  Well, this is experiment phase 2.  Will it get used semi-regularly?  What kind of divisons does it require?  We'll just have to see.  And I'm open-minded, so speak your feelings.

This means I expect you make your forum demands now before this starts running regular and therefore should not be edited.  I also recommend you edit your forum profiles (see buttons above); you may wish to allow your email to be visible, change your displayed name (I made best guesses on all of you ;)), set IM preferences, title, etc.  It's entirely up to you.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2002, 02:25:36 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

hedgesmfg
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2002, 11:20:07 pm »

Alrighty...first post here.

You need to make some EHZ emoticons sometimes...
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2002, 11:28:24 pm »

In due time, though I'm not quite sure what they'd be like  :P

Neil Lafrenais
Demon God(ess)

Lovely Runey

AOL Instant Messenger - Neil+Lafrenais
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2002, 06:10:11 pm »

Can I just ask... "EHZ"? Why use this as an acronym for El-Hazard? What does the Z stand for? Or is this a Sonic fandom reflex for typing "EHZ" as an acronym for "Emerald Hill Zone"? Please explain, matie.

Maximum boobage!!
hedgesmfg
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2002, 06:17:28 pm »

Heh...probably just instinctive from all the years at Sonic hacking sites XP

Fine, our official Abriviations should be something like...

EH:MW1 (El-Hazard Magnificent World OVA)
EH:MW2 (El-Hazard Magnificent World 2 OVA)
EH:AW (El-Hazard Alternative World TV)
EH:W (El-Hazard Wanderes TV)
Neil Lafrenais
Demon God(ess)

Lovely Runey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2002, 06:25:45 pm »

Rob and I generally say:

EH1 - Original OAV (or MW1)
EH2 - OAV sequel. (or MW2)
AW - TV series sequel.
W - Wanderers TV series.

;D But, whatever you want. I only wanted the Z explaining.

Maximum boobage!!
hedgesmfg
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2002, 06:32:16 pm »

El-Ha-Zard=EHZ

As I said, it probably just rolled off a little easier that way for me.
Neil Lafrenais
Demon God(ess)

Lovely Runey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2002, 06:36:57 pm »

Ah. That does make sense, actually. The "Haz" needs to be stressed.

I detest people who say "Hazard", as in "danger" (even though I did this after first purchasing my El-Hazard 2 VHS).

Maximum boobage!!
schlock_kork
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2002, 11:17:31 am »

Well, let's collect abbreviations then... I normally use

EH OVA (1)
EH OVA 2
EH TV (1)
EH TV 2

Guess, everybody got his own names, then. ^_° (Well, as long as we all know what we're talking about...)

Over here we say something like El-Haa-saar. ("a" like in "arm" and "z" is more like stressed "s")
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2003, 03:37:25 pm »

Or is this a Sonic fandom reflex for typing "EHZ" as an acronym for "Emerald Hill Zone"? Please explain, matie.

LOL!  

Seriously, nice board you have set up here Rob. The YaBB code is great. Brings back some memories of some great boards (some of which aren't even around anymore). And it is a nice to have an actual El Hazard board to hang out at. I used to hang out at the El Hazard section at the AIC forums all the time, until it really started going down hill..... :(

I noticed there's alot of Sonic fans here as well. Do we have some Sega clique going on? ;D

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2003, 04:44:52 pm »

Do we have some Sega clique going on?

Not really; just me, Neil, and Hedges are far as I know, and it's more or less Sonic the Hedgehog specific.  Perfect Chaos Zero posted like once, but him too.  Hedges lurks more then anything now.  I myself am not really affilated with any Sonic groups anymore, but I know about the stuff well enough.

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2003, 05:59:18 pm »

Not really; just me, Neil, and Hedges are far as I know, and it's more or less Sonic the Hedgehog specific.  Perfect Chaos Zero posted like once, but him too.  Hedges lurks more then anything now.  I myself am not really affilated with any Sonic groups anymore, but I know about the stuff well enough.

I'm a longtime Sega fan/devotee, since Sega Master System. So naturally I'm down with Sonic. Speaking of, this is totally off-topic, but I've recently been playing another Sega flagship/remake title Panzer Dragoon Orta. Gawd, it's simply the best game ever!

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines