Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:30:34 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  Games
| |-+  El-Hazard Online RPG (Moderators: Fujisawa4654, Spanner, Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  EHOL RPG???
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: EHOL RPG???  (Read 21431 times)
executor82
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2003, 08:27:58 am »

I agree with spanner.
The idea seems pretty good, indeed. But the restriction of only playing the crashlanding pilots is a bit hard. ^_^;
There should be different chars to keep interresting.

I would prefer to play an inhabitant of El Hazard.
How about this?

Name: Kane (only female children get names like 'Shayla-Shayla' or 'Calya-Calya')
Birthdate:'shayla-shaylas grandchild, younger brother of the current Priestress of fire 'Calya-Calya'(or 'Karuya-Karuya' spoken)
Landfall location (Side): Roshtaria (Good)
Occupation: envys the Priestresses for their powers and trys to gain similar abilitys
Previous occupations: traveled through the Bugrom realms for training and ability development.
Height: 1,76m (I dunno how much that is in feet  :P)
Hair color: red
Eye color: Green
Blood Type: O

agile and swift martial artist; almost completely fire-resistant ;tries to find a device to gain control of fire (in vain until now ^_^; ) always tries to copete with his sister (they love fighting each other for no reason); short tempered as his sister and grandmother, but relieable and kind if necessary. A bit shy to women (the only women he got known with were his sister and grandmother before starting his yourney through the land); mother unknown (disappeared in the bugrom realms when Kane was 2 and his sister 4 years old)

Well it still needs a bit of development, but as for the beginning not bad, I think...
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2003, 08:50:05 am »

I do have one request, though - I think that it wouldn't be a bad idea to have the game itself take place in a seperate forum at the same level as the "El-Hazard Online" and "Not El-Hazard Online" forums. When the time comes, would you be willing to add a new forum, and call it something like "El-Hazard Online RPG", or something? That way, we won't clutter up the "El-Hazard Online" forum with our RPG threads.

Easier done than said.  Just let me know when you're ready.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2003, 04:18:28 pm »

*cough cough* Yes. I did have to be different. but how come I only seem to count as a 0.5 vote and not a one? No one ever counts me properly.  >:(
I sad.  :'(

Height: 1,76m (I dunno how much that is in feet  )  

It's roughly 5'6", 5'7" I'm about that height, so I should know.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2003, 04:20:52 pm by larewen_evenstar » Logged

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2003, 05:03:52 pm »

Here are my opinions:

The game should be set in:

a. OAV continuity El-Hazard. This includes OAV1, OAV2, and the Alternative World. If you want to truncate it to just OAV1, or something like that, select e. Other below.

Timewise, the game should be set in the

c. future. The original cast is older, perhaps long dead. They may still have children or descendants running around, though.

Should players be able to select series characters as the characters that they control?

c. No. All players should create their own, new characters. The series characters should be NPCs, and can be used by any player that needs them.

I think this scenario will permit the greatest interaction based upon the dies the characters of the original series have already cast.  I, for one, am intrigued by the series not so much by the world that it takes place in, but by the interactions between the characters and their individual motivations.  Such motivations will lead to a very different world in the future than the one first seen at the beginning of OVA 1.  And that might be an interesting place to play.  "May you live in interesting times," so the old Chinese curse reads.

I've read and enjoyed the Redwall series by Brian Jacques.  One of the things I found particularly noteworthy was how each successive book refers to characters and events from earlier volumes with an aura of mystique and glamour...akin to tales of Arthurian Legend we speak about to this day.  So it could be with this.  Player Characters may well find artifacts and scrolls from the men and women of legend and use them to decide the next move to make in a decades-old chess game.  So sayeth Mr. Ziegler "I like the idea of romping around with the gang's descendants", as do I.

A character like Ifurita may well make appearances from time to time, perhaps as the gamemaster's avatar.  She could be employed to keep the player characters from straying too far from their appointed course or to unlock the secrets of the ancients one frustratingly small piece at a time.  Depending on how far in the future the game is set, other characters from the OVAs may well be used, although I would like to see them portrayed differently than we might remember them (as they would be if they are significantly older.)

Mr. Adcock and I had a few exchanges of some of these very points as he reviewed the fanfict I wrote with Ken Wolfe called Rough Justice.  Over twenty years had elapsed since Makoto had returned to Ifurita, and several of the characters had changed significantly.  Not always for the better, either...

Looking forward to seeing what we can do with this idea.

--me

Mark Engels
Spanner
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2003, 05:25:28 pm »

*cough cough* Yes. I did have to be different. but how come I only seem to count as a 0.5 vote and not a one? No one ever counts me properly.

You got a whole vote. You just chose to divide it up into two categories. Since you voted for both b. and c., 0.5 got added to each. So, before you voted, b. was at 0, and c. was at 4. Afterwards, b. was at 0.5, and c. was at 4.5. You see?  ;D

The 1337 poster
Fujisawa4654
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2003, 07:11:22 pm »

Spanner, You are right on my votes, 1=a 2=c 3=c. As far as I know, if it does start, i want tosmething to that storyline. Me and you can modify how everything works if this actually gets up to gear. As I said, I've never seen or done this before. I feel as if i'm ready Spanner, I just need some help. So, I feel like being the assistant MOD and you be the main MOD person... Just what I was thinking anyway :D

executor82
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2003, 09:44:57 pm »

So then settle it all this way.
Spanner will be the Mod and Fujisawa4654 the assistent.

Anyway I would keep my char this way with a bit of modifying, but then I would be ready and waiting.

Just say a word when all is decided and ready for playing  ;D
Fujisawa4654
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2003, 10:03:56 pm »

Blaaahahahahahahaaaaa. Perfect, something with this storyline.. Bah I do not yet know. Spanner, contact me on AIM sometime and we can lay out groudn rules, stories, and whatnot.

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2003, 01:09:17 pm »

Shouldn't we let Rosh have a say in all this, I mean it was her idea.

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Fujisawa4654
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2003, 01:15:08 pm »

Well I haven't seen her post in a while...

executor82
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2003, 01:26:47 pm »

Well I haven't seen her post in a while...

Indeed. So what's about her.

I think it all developed pretty well so far. I would definitely keep it that way.

I'm allready developing my char...we'll see how it works out. Should we choose pictures for the char too?
Fujisawa4654
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2003, 01:49:17 pm »

I'm allready developing my char...we'll see how it works out. Should we choose pictures for the char too?

Wouldn't that be kinda hard? We would have to make it. I can make decent computer artwork, but it's only textures... I doublt i can make anything as so, careful :P

executor82
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2003, 02:07:31 pm »

Well I haven't thought of drawing or sorta thing as well. We shall choose some pics from the net or something that might suite our char best.
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2003, 05:00:42 pm »

Okay. The reason Rosh doesn't post that much is unknown, but I think she keeps getting banned. I'm supposed to be getting married to her this weekend, but she hasn't said anything since roughly last weekend, so that could be a problem.

I understand that it is all this is really well develpoed, but seeing as it was Rosh's idea, I really think that she hould have a say in the matter, although, I do think that she will agree with pretty much everything we say.

I think that, if we can, we should all try to draw our own characters, and try to post them on EHOL.

I'm sorry, I don't actually remember voting for both. Sorry.

Okay, now I remember.  ;D

Lar xxx
« Last Edit: June 07, 2003, 05:05:48 pm by larewen_evenstar » Logged

panicpaladin
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2003, 04:48:54 pm »

I'm quite behind on the topic, I haven't been on for a few days... But  I see that now it comes to creating a character, so...

Name: Panic Fairlight (I'll stick to my Net Alias with an added surname)
Age: 16 (it's hard to balance my age with that of other people, so I think 16 will do)
Birthdate: November 12th
Landfall Location / Side: Neutral (Unknown)
Previous occupations: Necromancer
Height: 5ft
Hair color: Dark Blue
Eye color: Dark Green
Blood Type: AB

I'll make a Picture of this character done sometime later, 'not much time for drawing today.

I think the entire RPG thing is going a bit better than I had thought, I figured a muddle would come up followed by an abandoned or locked topic but this is going quite well.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines