Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:29:18 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  Games
| |-+  El-Hazard Online RPG (Moderators: Fujisawa4654, Spanner, Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  EHOL RPG???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: EHOL RPG???  (Read 21430 times)
jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« on: May 31, 2003, 01:38:34 pm »

Fuji:This topic is to repain open for discussion of the RPG and not to be used for the ACTUAL RPG (Sorry Rosh but I couldn't think of any other way  :'(

One idea I had a while ago is El-Hazard roleplaying. I used to be in a forum RPG, and it was really fun. All we need to play is webspace and a mod and a plot device.

Oh yeah, and I call Fatora in advance.   ;)

And who knows, maybe it will draw more people into EHOL?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2003, 10:50:43 pm by fujisawa4654 » Logged
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2003, 01:44:17 pm »

I have currently forgotten what RPG stands for, but whatever it is, it sounds good.

I call Alielle!

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2003, 02:08:29 pm »

RPG = Role Playing Game

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2003, 02:09:52 pm »

Makes sense. Okay.  ;D

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2003, 02:24:57 pm »

I dunno, man... I mean, Mark Engels posted about an actual El-Hazard e-mail RPG type thing on someone else's site and it didn't get that much attention.  You may not get a lot of players here... of course, that's not for me to judge.  I'll help if there's a bunch of people who reply in interest.  :P

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
panicpaladin
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2003, 03:55:57 pm »

Role Play? This sounds fun but God knows if we do it right, it's not normal that the people who play a character manage to play the character's personality right. Although, since this El-Hazard, it's really easy to act out the characters since it's not really hard to know what they're thinking. :P

El-Hazard has a limited cast of male characters so it'd be hard to choose... ^_^;
« Last Edit: May 31, 2003, 03:56:20 pm by panicpaladin » Logged
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2003, 05:10:56 pm »

What I'm worried about is the fan created characters who either steal main characters for their own relationships or have infinite power and can destroy the universe.  Or so I've seen many forum RPGs go.  ;p

kiddo
Bugrom Forces

Hentai man.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2003, 06:49:46 pm »

Or, if this turns out like the SFGHQ RPG and a meteor randomly comes and destroys the fanfic, and a bunch of Pepto-Bismol men come and-::shot::

Join the THNH Today! Defeat the Admin Power Abuse Clan!

Put this in your sidepic/avatar
----------------------------------
What's so wrong with Miz, anyway? I happen t
executor82
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2003, 06:50:51 pm »

The thing is the rules.
We should work some out and decide which we gonna use.

Also I would say that all the El Hazard chars should be NPCs (non-player-characters) so you'll have more feedom to create your own char.

I would claim "Shayla-Shaylas cast away younger brother, who returned from a yourney through the Bugrom realms" as my char, for example.  ;)
jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2003, 07:53:36 pm »

What I'm worried about is the fan created characters who either steal main characters for their own relationships or have infinite power and can destroy the universe.  Or so I've seen many forum RPGs go.  ;p

Actually, that's a good point. And I think that once a Moderator is appointed, all origional characters will have to be approved in advance. No incredible powers, no destroying the plots, no romancing with other characters without either the character's permission or the Mod's. Or maybe it should be a rule that no one is allowed to create an original character until all of the others are taken?

And as far as rules go, there are a few I should state. A good one to have is that you're not allowed to use, summon, conquer, or wreak havoc in El-Hazard without first asking the MOD. Second, if there's adult content in your post, well, we should have a seperate board for that.  :P

Another good one is: NO GOD-MODING! God Moding is when one player says that another player's chara does something in thier post. Like, let's say that I'm Fatora and Lar is Alielle. If I were to say, " Fatora goes over and grabs Nanami's butt.  Allielle get's mad and slaps her" That would be God-Moding Alielle.

Another common example of this is when someone says: "Shayla-Shayla is attacking the Bugrom empire. She throws a fireball at Jinnai, which decapatates him." That's not good. It might be all right for Shayla, but where exactly does it leave poor Jinnai?  :'(

Oh, I know there are other rules, I just don't remember them now. Let's hear your opinions!
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2003, 08:42:37 pm »

Ah.  I never did understand the term "god-moding".  (And up until now was registering it as "God Mod-ding for some reason :p)

But that is an excellent rule for such things.  Even so, I count maybe three so far who're interested, let's bulk up a little or it'll be a very lonely El-Hazard.

Spanner
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2003, 08:44:13 pm »

Hey, I might be interested in participating in this. And I bring with me to the table a vast storehouse of online RPG experience. ^_^ I've seen a lot of what can make or break an RPG like this.

I've actually been looking to join another El-Hazard RPG since the one I used to be on has mostly ground to a halt. The one Mark Engles pointed out looked interesting, but it had entirely too many Furries for my comfort (I've nothing against Furries, really, but I prefer El-Hazard RPGs to stick with the three major races presented in the series: Humans, Bugrom, and Shadow Tribe. It's just less chaotic that way). I may still ask to join that, but if we can come up with something fun here, perhaps that'll be enough for me.

I think the idea of rendering all canon characters (Makoto, Ifurita, the Priestesses, etc.) as non-player characters is an interesting one; that way, everyone can call upon the characters from the show as-needed, without having to organize things with the character's player. I'm just as happy to go with a game playing as characters from the series, though.

The 1337 poster
executor82
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2003, 11:42:47 pm »

So the original El Hazard chars as NPCs are agreed?

The thing about the "NO-GOD-Modding" is an absolute must for RPG in my opinion! Everyone must be able to decide for his char on his own.
panicpaladin
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2003, 05:13:39 am »

Yes, that seems much more fair making the originals as NPCs...
Another thing I worry about is how the initial plot goes, most forum RPGs seem to go from Nothing to Chaos in simply two speeches of people that you never knew existed. :P
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2003, 12:14:17 pm »

But would I still be allowed to do the whole romancing thing with you any way rosh, seeing as I am going out with you?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines