Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:27:16 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Rockman and Forté GBA port
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rockman and Forté GBA port  (Read 3773 times)
Neil Lafrenais
Demon God(ess)

Lovely Runey

AOL Instant Messenger - Neil+Lafrenais
View Profile WWW
« on: June 11, 2003, 03:41:56 am »

Primarily for Sarah, the local Rockman fan of the board, but others can answer if they own the game...

Next month, when I come into some money, I'll probably be buying "Megaman and Bass", so can I ask, how well has this port been done? Have they changed anything from the SNES version? What's the translation of the Japanese dialogue like? etc.

I welcome any answers to these questions.

Maximum boobage!!
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 12:22:15 pm »

Primarily for Sarah, the local Rockman fan of the board, but others can answer if they own the game...

Next month, when I come into some money, I'll probably be buying "Megaman and Bass", so can I ask, how well has this port been done? Have they changed anything from the SNES version? What's the translation of the Japanese dialogue like? etc.

I welcome any answers to these questions.

Heh to be honest that is on my list o' stuff to buy, been pretty unlucky in jobs as of late... so I'm not entirely sure how much has been changed -_-; Sorry.

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Neil Lafrenais
Demon God(ess)

Lovely Runey

AOL Instant Messenger - Neil+Lafrenais
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 06:33:22 am »

Ah, not to worry. A few nights ago, I downloaded the ROM to see for myself.

Basically, it's a very faithful translation, except for:

- The music. This was expected however, as the GBA = suck when it comes to music.

- Screen has been reduced slightly. Again, a problem I was expecting. Not a real problem, but the floor seems really close to the bottom of the screen.

- When moving into an area that saves your place in the game, an annoying "Now saving..." sign comes up for a brief split-second. Yeah, picky, I know. Shows you how many real faults this game has ;)

Aaaaand Forté still rocks, as usual.

Maximum boobage!!
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2003, 08:47:40 pm »

These GBA ports usually seem pretty faithful. Which is good, most of the time. Too bad, the Final Fight port was as equally butchered as the original SNES. And here I was getting my hopes up that they'd restore it to it's original Arcade goodness.
-__________-;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2003, 09:39:05 pm »

Well, I'll vouch a guess that it's because they use the SNES version as the source for their ports.  So if it was butchered on the SNES, it shall retain near-as-possible original quality, whatever that is.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines