Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:37:33 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Just a humble n00b... ^_^
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Just a humble n00b... ^_^  (Read 8499 times)
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2003, 10:09:10 pm »

And Deva became surprisingly submissive, surprisingly quickly, for the queen of an alien empire.  She was serving Jinnai wine in OVA1, and tea in the Wanderers.  She didn't bat an eye when Jinnai spilled his tea, or when he held out his empty glass and demanded more from her.

Actually, in regards to the scene where Diva was serving Jinnai wine in OAV1, I got the distinct impression that she was deliberately trying to get him drunk. She had sort a predatory, seductive look to her, as though she were trying to worm her way into Jinnai's confidence. "Tell me more, Mr. Jinnai..." No mere waitress she!

The Wanderers version, though, definitely was behaving in a submissive role. Heck the teacher/student relationship was established between them pretty early on, so it's really not all that surprising - in spite of the fact that she's queen of an empire.

The 1337 poster
Shade
Background Character

Infinite Incarnation

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2003, 03:05:57 pm »

But the last part of Ken Wolfe's "Earth" fan fiction pretty much ruined Jinnai/Deva pairings for me  :P

Heh.  Whenever someone mentions Jinnai/Deva, that scene always come to my mind, too.  And it even makes some twisted sense to me.  ;)

"I expect this battle to be entertaining, Captain. Now get inside, so we can get this thing underway. I want to see some wai-wai lovely violence within a few minutes." - Major Melanie Melissa Masterson III
lune_venus
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2003, 09:21:30 pm »

I've always wondered why didn't they end up together, they were the perfect couple, evil, ambicious & can talk to bugs :)
Your comments are really good points, I guess Jinnai is just not ready for commitment ^_~
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2003, 12:54:42 pm »

Here's my take on the "Jinnai freaking out when Diva wanted to boff him" scene:

In Alternative World, remember the scene with the White Bugrom Queen? When they fled the lair, her woman image shifted and she was revealed to have more insect-like form.

Now what if this illusion were true of the El Hazard Bugrom queen as well? What if she were just presenting an illusion of a female woman to fool her human enemies?

What if along with the ability to understand Bugrom, Jinnai could also see through Diva's disguise? Maybe he's known all along that Diva was really just a giant bug.

I don't know about you guys, but being forced into mating with a gigantic insect would make me scream in horror.

I Care Deep
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2003, 01:17:28 pm »

I don't know about you guys, but being forced into mating with a gigantic insect would make me scream in horror.

That's a very good point, and one that I've thought of before.

However, you gotta consider all of the times that Jinnai's allowed Diva to get all close and personal with him. Like when she was pouring him wine in OAV1. I'm not sure he'd be quite so comfortable with her closeness, if she didn't look human. So, if Diva's working under an illusion like Diva 2 was, I think it's enough to fool Jinnai's senses.

Of course, after seeing how Diva 2 turned out, it certainly might put some unpleasant doubts into Jinnai's mind. ;D His first attempt to run away from Diva's "advances" could be attributed to simple cold feet. But after his adventures in Creteria - well, it's no surprise that he'd be even more reluctant to get intimate with a beautiful woman who might actually be a hideous bug in disguise.

The 1337 poster
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2003, 02:28:02 pm »

Well, actually, Jinnai seems comfortable around ALL the Bugrom. He pals around with Groucho, and doesn't seem too squeamish about his troops' proximity to his person. I doubt he'd mind too much a giant bug was pouring him tea and wine or serving him food and stuff, as he accepted food and other treats from the Bugrom who found him when he first arrived.

It's when they try to mate with him that's the problem. He likes bugs, but not that much.  :-/

I Care Deep
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2003, 05:49:46 pm »

Goodness, I'd never even stopped to consider that. That... makes a lot of sense, actually. ^^;

Lord God 0wnz me indeed. And let it be said that I love that pic. Is it your own? ^__^

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2003, 06:56:08 pm »

Indeed. My very own self portrait, made by me to show my utter disdain... er, I mean sheer love for all the people of the world. Marvel at the brush strokes and color, notice the magnificent likeness to the real thing! This work of art is sheer genius, worthy to grace the walls of any fine museum establishment.

I Care Deep
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2003, 08:01:10 pm »

Actually, it really isn't that bad for a casual drawing.  You even have generally well-defined hands which are one of the hardest things to draw.  No chance you've actually done any others, huh?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 08:01:48 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2003, 01:21:34 am »

Errr, of course I have more! Lots more! Just let me go get them..........

Groucho! Quick, I need you to draw me another pic pronto!

... ... ...

I don't care, just do a quick one! Hurry up!

... ... ...

Ah, here we go! Now then, behold my sheer artistic genius! Bwa hah hahahaha!

Groucho, you're dead.

I Care Deep
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2003, 01:44:29 am »

Oh, Supreme Ruler, my dear... you are officially my new favorite person.  ;D

Methinks we should give Groucho Iffy's cleaning detail for that little slight.

O-of course, not that any representation of your mighty visage shouldn't be considered a masterpiece!

*kissin' butt like she does best* >P

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2003, 01:48:12 am »

Addendum: The lightning bolts? *a-ok* Niiice touch.  8)

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2003, 01:59:16 am »

Stupid Groucho... grrr...

I don't have any problem with the lightning, but what the hell's up with those smiley faces in the background? I also didn't appreciate the huge globs of SPIT that are flying out of my mouth.

And where the hell is my tie? He knows I don't go anywhere without it! Moron.

I Care Deep
washuchan
Demon God(ess)

charity, not love

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2003, 02:53:39 pm »

game spoiler!!!

Jinnai and Diva...

Queen Diva ending, Jinnai as lap dog, Diva & Makoto o_O...nah..

Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2003, 03:24:02 pm »

Oh, right... I'd forgotten about that.

Well, aside from Diva/Makoto being utterly freakin' terrifying, it IS a little interesting.

Sigh, poor Jinnai. Always gets the short end of the stick (unless if pertains to Demon Gods, but they always tend to bite him in the ass sooner or later... now THAT'S an image for ya!). Chalk it up to karma, I guess. ^^;

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines