Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:17:30 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Webpage Facelift
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Webpage Facelift  (Read 8126 times)
Neil Lafrenais
Demon God(ess)

Lovely Runey

AOL Instant Messenger - Neil+Lafrenais
View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2003, 07:18:03 am »

Personally, stretching aside, I prefer Rob's choice of picture for the lay out. Nice and classic imo.

To be honest, I think the current main page is a little dark and murky for an El-Hazard page. Not to be big headed, but this new design kinda harks back to my first ever one. You know, the one made up in 4 minutes with Dreamweaver. Yeah, that one.

Hmmm... Perhaps adding this layout in time for our first anniversary may be in order, Rob ;)

Maximum boobage!!
executor82
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2003, 08:09:43 am »

Maybe rules and previous picture links scrolling at the left, picture stationary at the top right, and captions and the entry box scrolling at the bottom right?

Hmm...indeed, not bad.

I'll just have to convert the system to do CGI generated pages so I don't have to redo each and every one of our (actually 40) images   (which technically are all built from CGI to begin with, just written as files, not viewed via CGI)

CGI programming is your domain, I won't be much of help. But I gonna read a bit about HTML the next few days, let's see what I'll find.

An alternative low res solution sounds good as well, but let's just see how we work it out for now. However I'm beginning to insert the buttons and the first link (the forum). The buttons will be with rollover effect, does look pretty smart  8)
executor82
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2003, 11:36:37 am »

You know, the one made up in 4 minutes with Dreamweaver. Yeah, that one.

Ok, the work in dreamweaver didn't take me more than 10 minutes eather. But the designwork in Photoshop took hours  :P

However I think that the solution with the frames isn't that elegant. I'm now working on a HTML coding solution, but my knowlege in is nearly zero  :-[
A friend adviced me to use tables with <center> tag.
Also we would try to include CSS sheets. But at my current state of knowlege I would prefer to leave that kind of work to you people.

I'm trying to do my best in dreamweaver to keep your work less hard. Until I'm still learning HTML it would be a releaf for me to count on your skills.

I'm very thankfull for every help I can get.
If we won't find any solution in that res problem, we should use the frame solution and see how it will work.
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2003, 12:05:13 pm »

To be honest, I think the current main page is a little dark and murky for an El-Hazard page. Not to be big headed, but this new design kinda harks back to my first ever one. You know, the one made up in 4 minutes with Dreamweaver. Yeah, that one.

Hmmm... Perhaps adding this layout in time for our first anniversary may be in order, Rob ;)

Well, why not think of it as you were the original genius who was somewhat right in the first place ;p  (I kind of noticed it myself, but hey, I had to be experimental.)  The major thing that this one has, however, is a lot more eye candy.  ;D  I didn't like the blandness of our original design (still available here; as I'm required by forum law to tell you, none of the links work now and the scripts haven't changed much so that's why they still DO work!)  It also felt a tad disorganized, with everything linking to another hulking block.  My design and executor's design will lend to the ability to change styles every once in a while, depending on our growth and the change of the internet and such.  The original design required manual editing of ALL the pages to apply a new style.  Alternatively, if I had redesigned the site to use your style generated from CGI like I do now, then it would've worked okay for at least letting us be able to change a bit.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
executor82
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2003, 08:20:24 am »

OK! I've prepared all so far as high-res version.
I don't know If we really gonna need the low-res one. I'm still working on a solution  :P

there are buttons inserted and the first link between home and forum is done.

As for now thats all for me, now comes the HTML programming by Rob.

Or does anyone have an Idea what I could design now?
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2003, 09:07:42 am »

Alright, I'll work with this now.  At least immediately I'll give you the contrib' status you wanted.  :)

executor82
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2003, 12:17:34 pm »

Thanks a lot!  ;D
It was all a pleasure to me!
I can't await to see the site in its new look!

We will do the rest in no time!!!
executor82
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2003, 09:02:46 pm »

Just sent you the Font!
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2003, 09:36:59 pm »

Just sent you a PM of thanks and a current update.  Get back to me as soon as you're able.

Not that ... everyone ... needed to know this.  :)

Um... something useful... well, anyone interested in doing EH-y graphics should get the wonderful new Zurich Calligraphic font now available in Trinkets.  Unless someone knows of a better font.  ;D  I'm afraid it kicked Matura Script Captials' ass.  
« Last Edit: May 25, 2003, 09:38:28 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

rowan_a._seven
Demon God(ess)

Demon Gods - as dangerous as they are cute.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2003, 09:39:18 pm »

Well, I know this is a little late, but I really do like the new design.  It has a pleasantly compact, streamlined look to it.  The background is also very pleasing to look at, and the entire layout has a rather polished feel to it.  I am going to miss the old background with busts of almost all the El-Hazard characters, though, and the chibis in the old task bar were cute.  Still, I do have to admit that it was a bit cumbersome having to scroll down so far to reach the goodies and links sections.  Great job with the "facelift" so far, and I'm looking forward to the finished result.
executor82
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2003, 11:44:12 am »

Ok, sent you my final judgement about the design via E-Mail. Take your time, it doesn't hurry. ;)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2003, 01:53:41 pm »

Ok, sent you my final judgement about the design via E-Mail. Take your time, it doesn't hurry. ;)

Yup, my only concern is that the new joint for bands will require another bitmap right along the table junction.

Note where the current bitmap (and table) ends; a seperate image will need to be aligned right along side it.  Hopefully, however, this won't introduce any distortion to the table.  Maybe I'll try it later tonight when there's not too much risk of goofing the main page header.  ;)

I also have to remember to make a low resolution version / option... this really shouldn't be too hard, and could quite possibly be part of your configuration (Profile).

AND I have to do the forum header.  I'll get all this done, I swear.  :P

executor82
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2003, 07:42:56 pm »

Sure thing! No need to hurry.  ;)
I'll take care of the low res version. You modify the pages as needed. You got the Photoshop file now, I gonna send you the forum as well.

Did you get along with the file?

Besides, I like your new profile pic! It's cool  ;D
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2003, 09:28:42 am »

Did you get along with the file?

Everything's OK.  I'll be working in the background on this and some other stuff I have to do.  Hopefully we'll see it fairly shortly.

Besides, I like your new profile pic! It's cool  ;D

I like it too, although it's actually a bit old (hence the text beneath it).  I used it a long long time ago when I was helping show support for a point about Jinnai and Shayla being paired up.  ;)  Then the new member "Xel" came along and she was talking about Jinnai/Diva business, and I guess I'd wear the "pin" again...

executor82
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2003, 01:40:58 pm »

Ack!!! Wha...what happened to the font!!! All is so blocky and fat!!! Something happened to the site or is it just me  ???
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines