Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:47:29 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  And now for something completely random
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: And now for something completely random  (Read 8738 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2003, 12:47:49 am »

Heh.  You're pushing our limits a little too far.  ^_^;;  Sadly, neither of us have had much practical use for German (although it was kind of spiffy when I had to translate a German mail server error to figure out a problem.)

Ihr könnt ja beide die Gelegenheit nutzen und noch etwas lernen. Ich lerne auch Englisch von euch.  

Sadly, I cannot recognize most of this sentence.  I see the obvious "Ich" (I), "lernen" (learn), something about "I learn [of?] English" at the end.

Ãœbersetzt die Texte die ich euch schreibe und ich kontrolliere dann, ob ihr das richtig gemacht habt.
Genauso machen wir das auch in Englisch für mich. So lernt man schnell und es macht spaß!

I see "Texte" (text?), schreibe (write)... The text ... I ... write ... and I control? ... is right German having (speaking German well?)  So learn ... quickly ... and ...

That's about it for me.  :P

However, from what I gather, I'm assuming this is related to my statement about speaking English (or your local tounge) properly.  Possibly mixed with your experience learning German?

Um... free Shayla!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2003, 12:49:20 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
executor82
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2003, 06:09:50 pm »

Really not bad!
I gonna give you some hinds to understand the context of the text. the rest will be easy then.

Ihr könnt ja beide die Gelegenheit nutzen und noch etwas lernen. Ich lerne auch Englisch von euch.  

Translation: You both can just take the opportunity to learn something. I'm learning english from you, too.

The gramma in german is a little bit different as you know, so the translation of this text word by word would mean:

you can just both the opportunity use and still something learn. I learn too english from you

*Damn!* I never realized that it would be that kind of different  :P

"Ãœbersetzt" means translate
"richtig" means right or correct

Ok, I hope that will be enougth help!

In my opinion, this is almost the best way to learn a foreign language.

executor82
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2003, 06:33:54 pm »

Nice Gif!
Hey, what could I do to become an Contributer?
What would you say if I would help you to design the HP?
I also could send you some pics and wallpapers, alltough they're no fanfic, you might use them for the Gallery.
I'm hunting for el hazard pics in the net, so It could be quite a lot in no time  ;D
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2003, 07:06:17 pm »

In my opinion, this is almost the best way to learn a foreign language.

That may be true.  :)

What would you say if I would help you to design the HP?

If you have some ideas, feel free to throw something together and I'll look at it.  Certainly if you can do something better than me (not hard ;)), then that might even put you above Contributer to staff (Adminstration!)  It all depends how far you plan to go doing that.  But at least Contributer easily.

I also could send you some pics and wallpapers, alltough they're no fanfic, you might use them for the Gallery.

I have a few things including German DVD covers... but my question is, where exactly do I put extra stuff?  (The DVD covers should be related to the series sections, but other than that...)  I'm just wondering what section ought to hold a "random image gallery".

I'm hunting for el hazard pics in the net, so It could be quite a lot in no time

I'll review what you find.  But in the meantime, here's a few random finds of my own that just hide in the server:

Radio Show cover (something I ought to buy one day, unless it were provided)
Other side

Generic Alielle stock clipart (I also have Diva, Makoto cross-dressed / Fatora, Fujisawa, Galus, etc.)

Unknown location Ifurita

Creepy little Miz image ;)

Original manga issue 1

Doujinshi cover (this is definately something I wish to have a section on, but I lack material and don't own a single one!)

Bugrom Empire (Should I know where this is from?)

Another Douji (Hentai you can guess by looking at the story unfold :p)

Lost Fanart - The lovely Ishiel ("Lost Fanart" meaning I found it in webspace but no original credit came with it)

Lost Fanart - All the Priestesses (and Allujah)

Douji - "Live the way you like."

Douji

Douji

ANOTHER Douji

Damned if I know :P

It's my ... er, our birthmonth :P (Will be useful again in 2006  ;D )
« Last Edit: May 16, 2003, 07:08:13 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2003, 07:50:35 pm »

I studied German for 3 years in High School. Meine Deutsch ist schiesslich!!! ^^;;; Gomen nasai.....

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2003, 06:02:30 am »

I had to take either french or german. I chose french, seeing as I had already done some of the french for the two previous years.

I don't know what year I get to drop french.

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
executor82
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2003, 12:29:14 pm »

Ok, just gimme some time I'll give you some examples of my talent. If you like it, we could see what to do on the HP. I gonna send you .jpg files then.

Which program did you use for the HP or is it Html code only? I got some experience in Macromedia Dreamweaver (not to much, but it'll work somehow  :P)

I studied German for 3 years in High School. Meine Deutsch ist schiesslich!!! ^^;;; Gomen nasai.....

There is nothing about it! German is one of the most difficult languages in the world! You all can't expect to speak and write it perfectly after 2 or 3 years  ;)

I know people, germans in fact, who couldn't say three whole sentences without messing it up! Actually one of them is a classmate and 18 years old!!!

I had to take either french or german. I chose french, seeing as I had already done some of the french for the two previous years.

I don't know what year I get to drop french.

I would advice you to stay at french if you have once started. German is pretty hard. But if you would like to get known with german language, just ask and I would teach you a bit. Then you still may decide if you drop french or not  ;D

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2003, 12:57:24 pm »

Ok, just gimme some time I'll give you some examples of my talent. If you like it, we could see what to do on the HP. I gonna send you .jpg files then.

Which program did you use for the HP or is it Html code only? I got some experience in Macromedia Dreamweaver (not to much, but it'll work somehow  )

Well, actually, I did code everything except this forum pretty much by hand.  :P  You may or may not have noticed a lot of the navigation is performed via an eholpage.cgi script; this is a custom made script I wrote that effectively creates a standard template that I can modify at any point to globally change the site.  At least that was the idea, because I figured I'd never be satisfied forever with any design I happen to use.  ;)  See, way back in time, we had several stand-alone HTML files that were linked to each other.  So when I suddenly decided I wanted to change/update our style, I had to go through all of the HTML's individually.

If you're curious, the CGI works like this:

eholpage.cgi:

series=MW/MW2/AW/W/NA -- changes the title bar mostly

menu=x -- picks a particular section menu (the left column)

content=x -- loads this HTML document starting from the server's /El-Hazard/site directory

Playing with the parameters, check out this rediculously confusing outcome:
http://www.el-hazardonline.net/cgi-bin/eholpage.cgi?series=W;menu=4;content=mworld/screenshots.html

Anyway, enough of that.  An alternative would be using frames.  The only reason I didn't (with the exception of the optional control bar up top) is somewhere in internet land, I've heard of browsers that don't support frames.  To be honest, I've only seen one browser, a text browser named Lynx, that didn't.  But this page is not incredibly useful in text anyway!  (Also a successor text browser named Links DOES support frames.)  So if a new design involved frames I probably wouldn't be too incredibly upset about implementing it.  But we'll see what you have in mind.  

If you just create an alternate template page I'd just as soon tweak my CGI to keep things in current order.  It all depends on what you plan to do.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2003, 12:57:50 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

executor82
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2003, 06:16:17 pm »

Ok, I'm ready!
This time I just went easy on the design, but be sure about it, I can do even better  ;)

In fact this design relies on frames, so there would be 3 of them. This is an example how the home section could look like. The rest might be designed different, especially the forum.

I send it to you by E-Mail as an .jpg file. Have a look and just tell me, what you are thinking of it.
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2003, 08:42:56 pm »

Done.  This could be very interesting; with your consent, I recommend we include the public a little bit, just for a more wide opinion.  I think it looks very good so far, however!

executor82
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2003, 10:24:57 am »

That was just what I had in mind, but I've no way to put it somewhere so that everybody can have a look at it.
If you could do that (and I know you can  ;D) it would be very helpfull for both of us. I'm very interrested in the opinion of the others.

However, I think that I'll try to create an alternative design, I'm right in the mood ;). If this goes on, we'll make El Hazard Online the greatest fanpage in the net!!! (am I exaggerating it a little bit ??? Let's see  ;))
executor82
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2003, 12:09:37 pm »

I've modified the current design a little bit, I think it looks better that way. What do you say?

I'm sending it via E-Mail again.

Until I'm still thinking of a new design, you could show this one to the others, too. Let's see which will get the better score  ;)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2003, 08:32:34 pm »

From here on out, let's discuss this in this thread:

http://www.el-hazardonline.net/cgi-bin/ehol/YaBB.pl?board=ehol;action=display;num=1053307910

MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2003, 08:47:00 pm »

I took four years of Spanish in high school.  One of my greatest regrets in life is that I didn't continue with it, and I let myself forget it.  Now that I've started Japanese, I'm determined not to make the same mistake twice.
executor82
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2003, 06:15:43 am »

Now that I've started Japanese, I'm determined not to make the same mistake twice.

Don't you even dare!  >:(  ;)
Japanese is very usefull as you are an anime fan!!!
Keep studying, try hard, do your best!

As for me, I would like to lern it too! But right now I have some exams to do (the finals!) so I don't have penty of time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines