Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 09:19:35 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Does anyone want these pictures?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Does anyone want these pictures?  (Read 4300 times)
erin-chan
Londs' Screen Time

Ok, generic pictures 'til I get non-sucky webspace

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2003, 10:09:16 pm »

This is a slightly odd post, but does anyone have any interest in these pictures? I found them whilst going through my old anime files, and I haven't happened to see them on this site.  Mind you, that doesn't mean they aren't here, overlooked by me; I haven't had the time to peruse every single picture.  :P But still.  The temporary site I've posted them on is at:

http://www.geocities.com/entropychan/oldehpics/pictures.html

(Yes, the evil Geocities.) I should also warn that the last two are almost certaintly fanart, so be cautious in how you use them.  But, I thought I might want to at least show them to whomever might be interested (I'll probably delete some files soon, as any anime site we might construct is still really up in the air right now).

- Erin

MmMMmm...Menchi burgers.

Londs: The unsealing of the Eye of God is a NO SMOKING event.
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2003, 10:18:29 pm »

I don't recognize a single one of them ... but the style of most of them hint fanart.

I find them very interesting, but yes, I'm not sure where to stuff 'em... I could be wrong for fanart, but equally wrong to assume them official.  o_o;;  *saves them*

Of course, if you check upon my ownage list linked at the top of the front page, you'll note there's a few comic book types that I don't have such as:

AIC Club Comic Anthology Vol. 2
AIC Club Comic Anthology Comic

... as well as the 6CD boxset art, whatever that might be.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2003, 10:18:56 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
erin-chan
Londs' Screen Time

Ok, generic pictures 'til I get non-sucky webspace

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2003, 01:01:37 am »

I did a quick background check on these if you're curious.  ;D The second one (of Diva) was done by Hidetomo Tsubura (sp?), the author of the manga series. It also appears to be in his style (Double-D Diva and all), and looking back, I'm pretty certain it was originally garnered from a site with scans of his artwork.

The first one, I recall, is from AIC's main page.  They used to put up images with characters from their series on the front site, a new one every month or so.  The artwork was always obviously NOT that of anyone originally working on the show... ;) This Makoto/Ifurita one was actually used in an AIC banner, too. (The only other "AIC main page" image I can think of offhand is the one with Ryo and Ken-ohki, Fancia, and a very cute Ura. Sort of a macot get-together).

The Rune one from OAV2 is from a piece of OAV2 box art (in Japan), and the one of Makoto and Ifurita "reuniting" is definitely from a piece of official art and cropped from a larger picture. I'm tempted to say it's from a Japanese LD pull-out, but I can't remember for sure.  The original looks like a mini-comic of the whole cast.

The Alielle "Peace Sign" one I can't identify, but it looks like it's most likely from a doujinshi (fan comic) cover to me (since these are sold on an open market, it's always been a shady issue whether these can be used or not).  The last two are pretty definitely fanart ('specially the Alielle one, but the Jinnai and TV-Iffy one also), so, erm, don't use 'em. *cough* *ahem*

As for the use of the rest...I don't know, to be honest, what the procedure would be for that. I really just wanted other fans to have a chance to look at them, since I haven't seen them online for awhile.  But, I've heard Japanese fan artists talk about how they don't consider putting official images from a show to be "fair use". So, I don't know. I would say the fanart ones, probably the fan comic one as well, are off-limits, though (and I'll debate the morality of putting official images up later since, to be honest, I've always used 'em myself). ;)

Glad if anyone likes looking at them, though. I'll take the page down soon. :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2003, 01:03:50 am by erin-chan » Logged

MmMMmm...Menchi burgers.

Londs: The unsealing of the Eye of God is a NO SMOKING event.
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2003, 02:15:37 am »

The second one (of Diva) was done by Hidetomo Tsubura (sp?), the author of the manga series. It also appears to be in his style (Double-D Diva and all), and looking back, I'm pretty certain it was originally garnered from a site with scans of his artwork

... which I would've realized if I looked in the upper-right corner more carefully.  I suppose the image was just too distracting.  ;p

Yes, Tsubura has a um facination to say the least.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2003, 08:59:01 pm »

Very nice, especially the first one (future avatar)!

Never fails to amaze me when a doujinshi artist make a well endowed chara even more so. I recall this one of Yurika from Nadesico......  :-[

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2003, 10:03:09 am »

I could be wrong here, but I think the Alielle "peace" picture is official... I think it was used as a cover image for one of the manga issues.

Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2003, 09:11:14 pm »

the last one looks kinda like Azumanga style, didn't teh artist of that do some art for AIC i have a book called Azumanga vol 2 which has alot of small images and comics of AIC things like EL-Hazard and Tenchi

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines