Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:56:27 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  QUESTIONS for the Crowd (everyone)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: QUESTIONS for the Crowd (everyone)  (Read 8017 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« on: October 21, 2002, 11:37:33 pm »

I don't get to speak to many of you personally, so I just want to know, how are me and Neil doing?  I'm the one who pretty much makes the calls around here as to what goes where, though Neil helps too.

I just want a little commentary...
What do you think of how I do my operations here?  Is there anything you'd like to see me add / delete?  Does anything really irk you about me or the site?

And out of curiosity... any of you know somebody you'd like to drag over here? ;p
« Last Edit: October 21, 2002, 11:38:12 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
ricia
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2002, 03:14:41 am »

Well I actually bothered to bookmark your page, register for it, come to it and care about it so you must be doing rather well. I have the attention span of dead algae so if you can keep me entertained brava for you guys.

Add? Uh...I dunno. Fanfic/Fanart type stuff, it's extremely lacking in the El Hazard world. There is some but not nearly enough. Actually just ignore me, I'm just trying to encourage it so I'll be more inspired to write it.
Ooh I know! You could have a section talking about the different languages that El Hazard has been translated in and do a compare and contrast kind of thing...uh...or...not.

Right...back to my corner I go!

-Ricia
Fujisawa4654
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2002, 11:14:38 am »

I know one thing that is needed on the forums.. POLLS YEAH EVER THINK ABOUT THAT!?... This is a great forum with the glowing and the moving stuff and the sup and sub scripts... wtf are those anyway?

Oh yeah the table thingie doesn't work. Well, another improvememnt would be good is a story section. I can NEVER get my minds of El-Hazard and nor can i do the same with Phantasy Star Online. So i start mixing up sotries and such. Submitting yer own stories might be interesting, yet not needed...

:-/

Well These are just MY thoughts, but hey i'd be making a big fat story for whatever i can think of! yeaaaa!... Ahem. It is just my thoughs on another thing i am thinking of right now. Something wierd, something eerie. The Halloween (spelling... I think) banner was eerie enough.

Give this site some major thought onc eou have the free time. Yer always talkin' to me on AIM but is it that yu actually have the time?
I've been put on restriction on my comp for the week because i got a C- on my test (WTF!?!?)

One last thing. How is the game coming along rob?

And... Back to the corner.. er.. hellhole... I MEAN school desk i go ;) ;)
[edit]I also find it suprising that whenever i post at school, noone ever replies untill liek 3...  ;D [/edit]
« Last Edit: October 22, 2002, 03:20:01 pm by fujisawa4654 » Logged

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2002, 05:35:16 pm »

Master Fedora:
Add? Uh...I dunno. Fanfic/Fanart type stuff, it's extremely lacking in the El Hazard world. There is some but not nearly enough.

I have thought of this many times before... however, I'd feel stupid putting up such a thing with maybe 2 or 3 total images... if I have a nice pool to dig into, I'll do it, just like I didn't feel comfortable trying a forum until I had a nice pool of people to possibly use it.  Hasn't been incredibly successful yet, but, hey...

Actually just ignore me, I'm just trying to encourage it so I'll be more inspired to write it.  

You write?

Ooh I know! You could have a section talking about the different languages that El Hazard has been translated in and do a compare and contrast kind of thing...uh...or...not.

Actually Neil is supposedly working on that with a quite a few other very interesting El-Hazard topics.  If he'd just finish them, he'd enlighten us all on quite a few things.  ;)  So far only I have read some of his character insights, and there's almost an element of psychology on them, so they are quite superior.

Fujisawa4654:
and the sup and sub scripts... wtf are those anyway?

Superscript and subscript.  One puts the the characters up higher, like a power-to number, a la 42.  The other places it low and has less regular application.

Oh yeah the table thingie doesn't work.

Well, keep in mind I hacked, not designed, this forum ;)  I don't even really honestly know how those work or if they work at all (I would think they do, this is a release version of YaBB)

Well, another improvememnt would be good is a story section. I can NEVER get my minds of El-Hazard and nor can i do the same with Phantasy Star Online. So i start mixing up sotries and such. Submitting yer own stories might be interesting, yet not needed...  

Um ... you mean like cross-continuity or alternate-existance stories?

Well These are just MY thoughts, but hey i'd be making a big fat story for whatever i can think of! yeaaaa!... Ahem. It is just my thoughs on another thing i am thinking of right now. Something wierd, something eerie. The Halloween banner was eerie enough.

A cool little Neil trinket it is.

Give this site some major thought onc eou have the free time. Yer always talkin' to me on AIM but is it that yu actually have the time?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  I do often work on the core implements of the site when on AIM.  (That is, if I'm NOT on AIM, I'm probably not at my computer)

One last thing. How is the game coming along rob?

The *ahem* "unofficial" project is supersceded by website work.  ;)  If I ever get to the point where the sucker is worth talking about, however, this place will be the first to know...

ricia
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2002, 09:46:25 pm »

Master Fedora:
You write?

For El Hazard? No, not yet...I haven't really been inspired. I have to have a reasonably good idea or I'm just too lazy to write anything. I do write though, and I enjoy it, lately though my muse hates me.

-Ricia

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2002, 10:58:09 pm »

Well, working on your previous point, I'm all up for collecting what's out there anyway.  From what Neil tells me, EH's utter lack of popularity has actually managed to filter out the potential 7-year-old wannabie fanfic writers from writing their biased, childish view type "stories" in the El-Hazard realm, as opposed to what happens in more popular series.

Simply put, he goes to fanfiction.net and tells me that the top story for El-Hazard is a deep one on Makoto pondering mental images of Ifurita or something of that sort, while the nearby Tenchi section tops off with a story title that includes several repetitive exclamation points, some bashing of main characters right in it, etc.

So it sounds like my general semi-high-standard requirement for content would easily be fulfilled at least for fanfiction.  FF.net might even be a good place to get it from, though I fear redundancy of carrying the same material (of course, FF.net count versus what I end up with would depend on wether the author is up for me holding it or not)

I honestly haven't seen that much fanart for El-Hazard, only spot occurances about the internet.  Neil makes clever doodles, most often I've seen for a particular humor purpose (cue in-joke "Jinnai's Sausage Tounge")
« Last Edit: October 22, 2002, 11:00:09 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

jonathanteoh
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2003, 08:47:55 am »

I was just wondering about the music section. If you could enable some programs like dap, getright or gozilla to download the songs that would be pretty helpful. Just a suggestion since I like the music from the show and am always looking out for it but if it kill bandwith then better not at all. You know this might bring more members but then again its just a suggestion and you wouldn't want this haven to be removed from the server and lose its place.
jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2003, 05:24:47 pm »

Well, let's start off by saying, Rob, you're my hero. This is the best El-hazard site I've ever been to, in that it covers a much broader spectrum of merchandise and information. Tou and Neil also seem to know a lot more about El-Hazard than the average fan, and it's always nice to speak to someone who's knows what they're talking (and not just spewing bullshit out thier ass).

As for improvements, I think fanfiction is a good idea, and I know a few sites that can supply *though I don't know if they're any good* I also think that the poll idea is a good one. And maybe some contests, like seasonal contests like who can draw the best El-Hazard Christmas card (or Hannakuah *sp??*, whatever floats your boat) (And btw, I think Katie would win ;)).  Also, some song translations would be nice. I know a site where you can get the lyrics,

http://www.geocities.com/makotosmusic/

and maybe someone on this site who speaks a little more Japenese than me would like to give it a try? (I'd like to know the words to "The Conquerer Jinnai")

Also, I'm really looking forward to your project Rob. It sounds neat!  :)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2003, 09:22:47 pm »

Well, let's start off by saying, Rob, you're my hero. This is the best El-hazard site I've ever been to, in that it covers a much broader spectrum of merchandise and information. Tou and Neil also seem to know a lot more about El-Hazard than the average fan, and it's always nice to speak to someone who's knows what they're talking (and not just spewing bullshit out thier ass).  

Thank you very much, I'm very appreciative of the compliments!  And I'm sure Neil is too.

As for improvements, I think fanfiction is a good idea, and I know a few sites that can supply *though I don't know if they're any good*

Most El-Hazard fanfiction is supposed to fare better then some others, simply because the people that usually write for it are generally more mature (usually needed to fully appreciate the show to begin with).  I'd be glad to hold it, but I wonder if I should have it read ahead of time for approval.

I also think that the poll idea is a good one.

You'll have to be more specific.  What kind of polls?  Where, on the main page?

And maybe some contests, like seasonal contests like who can draw the best El-Hazard Christmas card (or Hannakuah *sp??*, whatever floats your boat) (And btw, I think Katie would win ).

If I could get maybe 3 or 4 people who'd swear they'd participate, as well as maybe 1 or 2 more who'd judge (might just be me and Neil, but that could make for easy ties ;p)

Also, some song translations would be nice.

My wish too...

I know a site where you can get the lyrics,  

http://www.geocities.com/makotosmusic/

and maybe someone on this site who speaks a little more Japenese than me would like to give it a try? (I'd like to know the words to "The Conquerer Jinnai")

You and me both!  However, AFAIK, the Japanese readers among us would be better suited with REAL Kanji/etc literal Japanese letters.  "Romanization", the process of making English equivalent "words" for the Japanese sounds, has no standard I know of, so the translator would have to rely on the one who wrote it to be very accurate.  Should there be, for example, one slightly ambiguous sound ... well, you get the picture.

Right now the closest thing we have is a sometimes-here member named "BRPXQZME" who is some sort of super genius kid who somewhat knows Japanese (don't know if he's learning it actively or what).  He's better for reading then hearing the language, here's his not-verified semi-results for Conqueror:

Code: [Select]
Seifuku-ou Jinnai Katsuhiko(The Conqueror Jinnai)
sung by
Ryotarou Okiayu(Jinnai) (This translation was the best I could make with the roumaji. Actual Japanese would be better, but I get what I get. Really, it's scratchy, and by no means word-for-word)

Kamiga watashiwo erande tsugeta (Hair/paper me ??? boxwood)
"Konoyowo seisu shinno shihaishada" to ("this world/present ??? true governor")
Subeteno tamiga machinozomunowa (the whole nation waits eagerly for)
Eikyufuhenno idainaru teiou (eternal truth's greatness emperor)
<Paper of boxwood told me that
"This world's true governor"
is what the people wait for;
eternal truth's great emperor>
Yaoyano tanano melon noyouni (The greengrocer's shelves' melons as with)
Fudouno chiiga niau otoko nanosa (Firm status suits a man's ???)
<As with the grocer's melons
A strong status suits a man> (O.o)
Todoroke warekoso (Roaring ego)
Jinnai Katsuhiko (Jinnai Katsuhiko)
Chounaikai kara (Neighborhood association because)
Daiuchu made (The universe till doing)
Seifuku koso watashino shimei (Conquest ßfor sure my mission)
<The roaring ego
of Jinnai Katsuhiko
from the neighborhood association
to the universe,
conquest is for sure my mission>
Yabouwo chichini Shouriwo hahani (ambition/treachery at/from Dad, profit at/from Mom)
Eikouwo anini ifuwo girino aneni (glory at/from my elder brother, awe duty's elder sister)
Fujino gogoume jinjano torii (???'s ??? shrine's gate)
Itaru tokorode kononawo mirudarou (Arrive ??? see I guess)
<ambition from Dad, profit from Mom,
glory from Bro, and duty from my sister
Fuji shrine's gate
I will arrive and see no matter what, I guess> (or perhaps, "I will realize them">)
Orokana tamini majitte itemo (at foolish people/nation ??? bowmen)
Kono fukakuwo kakusu kotowa tsurai (This failure hide and cover up painful)
<The foolish nation with bowmen
will hide this painful failure> (referring to self, I think)
Ichiban buro kara (most ??? because)
Hatsugatsuo made (??? till doing)
Gyouzano hayagui (Gyouza already) (Gyouza is a kind of dumpling)
Hanamino basho tori (flower-viewing's place bird)
Seifuku koso watashino shimei! (conquest ß for sure is my mission)
Bwahahahahhahahhahaha...
...HahahahahahHAHAHAHhahhaha...
...HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
<Because
until
already all the Gyouza
and the shrine's birds are mine,
conquest is my mission!
Bwahahahahhahahhahaha...
...HahahahahahHAHAHAHhahhaha...
...HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!> ( More O.o)

As you see, it needs work.

Also, I'm really looking forward to your project Rob. It sounds neat!  

Well, hopefully I'll have something to show in not too long that I feel is worthwhile.  A few select people here and there (though not even Neil I don't think) have at least seen the prototype videos.  (Three total at the moment)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2003, 09:25:31 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2003, 09:50:24 pm »

I was just wondering about the music section. If you could enable some programs like dap, getright or gozilla to download the songs that would be pretty helpful

I didn't actually purposely or knowingly disable their function, it's probably due to my script.  Well, anyway, yes, the problem is that I only have 10KB/sec total outward bandwidth (my biggest downsite to DSL hosting, which is otherwise unlimited in all potential)

If anyone could be found to mirror files, that'd be of great help.

gilhamilton
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2003, 04:41:50 am »

I think you are doing a hell of a job, Bob. Don't you worry about your fan-art section. I'll fill it with stuff eventually.  ;)
jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2003, 11:26:12 am »

The polls, I think should be on the main page, and consist of ramdom stuff, like favorite charactor and Most Beautiful Bishojo *beautiful woman* Or the anime's favorite couples? I dunno, you can probably think of some better ones...

And also, *Hugs Rob* Thank you for the lyrics! :D Some of it doesn't make much sense:

The greengrocer's shelves' melons as with

???

But I love hearing anything new about Jinnai! Anyways, Thank You! *bows and walks quietly back into the Jinnai Shrine*
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2003, 12:51:09 pm »

Well, like I said, that was just based off the no-rules romanization.  However, if you arm BRPXQZME with real Kanji, he seems to do infinitely better.

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2003, 02:39:23 pm »

The reason El hasn't been inspired yet is because she doesn't know anything about EH! Don;t try and act smart with me around El!

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars &amp; Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2003, 05:35:00 pm »

Well, I just discovered this place yesterday. But you seem to be doing an incredible job so far! I could never have done a better site myself. That is, if I can drag myself away from the forums long enough to download some of the movies form the game and view the rare book scans! Yeah, I just love to talk way too much. ^_^;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines